PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums

PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums (http://www.passporterboards.com/forums/index.php)
-   Going Behind the Scenes: Trivia, News, and Rumors at Walt Disney World (http://www.passporterboards.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   After fireworks dessert party now an option at the Magic Kingdom (http://www.passporterboards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=301524)

CinderAbby 05-18-2018 01:08 PM

After fireworks dessert party now an option at the Magic Kingdom

As if Disney didn't already have enough dessert parties going, they're offering another one starting May 28, 2018. It's an "after fireworks" dessert party which includes Plaza Garden viewing of the fireworks and then you go inside the Tomorrowland Terrace afterwards for the party. I wonder what they're going to do with the before party people that are also viewing from the Plaza Gardens. Will before get one side and after get the other side . I'll find out in August though

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...-kingdom-park/

I've only included the DisneyParksblog link but it's also on Kenny the Pirate, WDWmagic and WDWNT.

DMA 05-18-2018 04:26 PM

I saw that and wondered the same thing as well!
I guess they figure the stuff is all set up, might as well replenish and get a second group in there. They must have a crew that stays awake at night figuring out where they can make money!

joelsmom 05-18-2018 09:32 PM

I’m sure they’ll figure out the logistics, but I’ll tell you what I immediately liked about this. It’s farther from dinner time, and thus we wouldn’t be putting the dessert party right after our dinner. Plus, it’s appealing to me to sit and relax in a controlled environment after the fireworks and avoid the crush of people headed out of the hub.

I’d really consider this.

chezp 05-19-2018 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joelsmom (Post 4667318)
Iím sure theyíll figure out the logistics, but Iíll tell you what I immediately liked about this. Itís farther from dinner time, and thus we wouldnít be putting the dessert party right after our dinner. Plus, itís appealing to me to sit and relax in a controlled environment after the fireworks and avoid the crush of people headed out of the hub.

You make a really good point. At first I was like "another dessert party" :rolleyes2: but now you say that, it's actually quite appealing to me as well.

CinderAbby 05-19-2018 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joelsmom (Post 4667318)
Iím sure theyíll figure out the logistics, but Iíll tell you what I immediately liked about this. Itís farther from dinner time, and thus we wouldnít be putting the dessert party right after our dinner. Plus, itís appealing to me to sit and relax in a controlled environment after the fireworks and avoid the crush of people headed out of the hub.

Iíd really consider this.

With Abby, that would be a huge bonus for us - she really can't do the after fireworks crowds but I already have the before fireworks party booked. I know I'll for all intents and purposes still be in the park that late in just trying to leave but I don't know if I want to leave even later than that, KWIM? I have to think about it.

DMA 05-19-2018 08:39 AM

I wonder how they plan to get you from the garden viewing area to Tomorrowland Terrace with the masses of people exiting along that walkway? :question:
We waited in the viewing area for a good 15 minutes before venturing out into the crowd. I can't imagine them trying to hold back the crowd while the dessert party folks cross.

CinderAbby 05-19-2018 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMA (Post 4667353)
I wonder how they plan to get you from the garden viewing area to Tomorrowland Terrace with the masses of people exiting along that walkway? :question:
We waited in the viewing area for a good 15 minutes before venturing out into the crowd. I can't imagine them trying to hold back the crowd while the dessert party folks cross.

I can see Disney giving a wristband or something to these people and then they make their own way back to the restaurant through the crowd and then they show whatever it is to be let into the restaurant.

Silvercat 05-21-2018 07:47 AM

I'm very concerned about this - we did the party last year (as a 'gift' from friends), and it was fantastic - we had plenty of room in the garden viewing area and it was lovely not being crowded in or stuck behind someone with their kids on their shoulders. We are taking my sister this year, she's not been for 3 years and hasn't seen Happily Ever After, so I just booked the pre-fireworks party for us all so she can experience the new show and actually be able to see it, rather than being crowded out in the normal way.

HOWEVER - if there are now going to be both pre-firework and post-firework people in the garden area, surely it is going to be absolutely rammed with people?? I've emailed Disney to ask the question, as I'm not happy at the thought of this.

DMA 05-21-2018 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silvercat (Post 4667557)
I'm very concerned about this - we did the party last year (as a 'gift' from friends), and it was fantastic - we had plenty of room in the garden viewing area and it was lovely not being crowded in or stuck behind someone with their kids on their shoulders. We are taking my sister this year, she's not been for 3 years and hasn't seen Happily Ever After, so I just booked the pre-fireworks party for us all so she can experience the new show and actually be able to see it, rather than being crowded out in the normal way.

HOWEVER - if there are now going to be both pre-firework and post-firework people in the garden area, surely it is going to be absolutely rammed with people?? I've emailed Disney to ask the question, as I'm not happy at the thought of this.

I was wondering the same thing, as when we did it in January the garden viewing area felt just right. I know there is another garden viewing area on the Casey's side, so I wonder if they plan on using that one for one or the other of the parties
Or is that one for FP+ ? I never really paid attention.

MsLydia 05-21-2018 11:59 AM

I'm really interested to hear how this will work with the viewing area. I love the idea of avoiding the crush of people leaving the park and enjoying the treats later in the evening.

CinderAbby 05-21-2018 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMA (Post 4667571)
I was wondering the same thing, as when we did it in January the garden viewing area felt just right. I know there is another garden viewing area on the Casey's side, so I wonder if they plan on using that one for one or the other of the parties
Or is that one for FP+ ? I never really paid attention.

I thought they discontinued the fireworks FP a few years ago.

DMA 05-21-2018 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CinderAbby (Post 4667602)
I thought they discontinued the fireworks FP a few years ago.

I wasn't sure. So if they did, then that other viewing area would be available for one of the dessert parties.

dolphin041599 05-21-2018 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMA (Post 4667604)
I wasn't sure. So if they did, then that other viewing area would be available for one of the dessert parties.

They did discontinue the FP for the fireworks, but when we were there in May, the viewing area in front of Casey's was reserved - I assume for the dessert party, but we didn't read the sign that closely, so I'm not 100% sure for what.

Silvercat 05-22-2018 09:19 AM

I got a reply from Disney (quite quickly, I was pleasantly surprised!). They have said to me that "each party will have their own, designated location, which should not cause crowding". I am taking that to mean that they will use both sides of the gardens then, as the FP+ for the firework showing was discontinued a while ago now.

If this does indeed prove to be the case, then that is a big relief! We should have known that Disney wouldn't have introduced a new event without thinking it through properly. And although we would prefer the earlier dessert party, it will be nice to have the choice of a later one should we decide to do this again in the future.

CinderAbby 05-22-2018 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silvercat (Post 4667747)
I got a reply from Disney (quite quickly, I was pleasantly surprised!). They have said to me that "each party will have their own, designated location, which should not cause crowding". I am taking that to mean that they will use both sides of the gardens then, as the FP+ for the firework showing was discontinued a while ago now.

If this does indeed prove to be the case, then that is a big relief! We should have known that Disney wouldn't have introduced a new event without thinking it through properly. And although we would prefer the earlier dessert party, it will be nice to have the choice of a later one should we decide to do this again in the future.

I'm glad you got an answer but as for not thinking it through, I think some of that happened as they amended they original announcement through the blog site to say this

Quote:

UPDATE 5/21 Ė There is a limited number of guest reservations for the new After Fireworks Dessert Party to ensure that everyone viewing fireworks from the Plaza Garden area will have plenty of space and great views that we know are so important.
It's too bad that the answer they gave you says they'll use both sides but their site doesn't. It use to be Plaza East and West which they could still distinguish and tell people that - this party goes here, that party there in case people actually have a preference as to which side they get. I just want less crowds hence booking the dessert party.