PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums

PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums (http://www.passporterboards.com/forums/index.php)
-   Planning Your Adventure: Your Plans for Walt Disney World (http://www.passporterboards.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Parking Fees (http://www.passporterboards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302363)

gremlinkid73 11-06-2018 05:21 AM

Parking Fees

Are parking fees figured in with a room only reservation and with a package or are they billed at the end of the stay?

Pris 11-06-2018 10:31 AM

I don't know the answer positively, but I would think they would be billed separately, because not everyone has a car. The resort won't know if you have one until you arrive on property. I suspect the fee is added to the bill daily, but that is a guess on my part.

gremlinkid73 11-06-2018 09:21 PM

Thanks. One more thing to add to the budget.

We'reGoingToDisneyWorld 11-25-2018 05:03 PM

Sir Willow mentions in his YouTube video (watch?v=IDGICDz9Glw) that the parking fees are billed at the end of the stay.

Personally, I agree with gremlinkid73. Thanks, just more money I have to spend. I'm already dishing out thousands of dollars on a package, I shouldn't have to pay for parking at my own resort.

MichaelF 11-25-2018 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gremlinkid73 (Post 4689504)
Thanks. One more thing to add to the budget.

I agree with you. If Disney would have raised room rates $20 a night instead of adding a parking fee, nobody would have noticed or complained. A "parking fee" makes it sound like they are trying to get the last dollar from each guest.

revral 11-25-2018 09:04 PM

As someone who doesn't drive (as in never got my license) I appreciate that they're billing the parking fee separately.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelF (Post 4691305)
I agree with you. If Disney would have raised room rates $20 a night instead of adding a parking fee, nobody would have noticed or complained. A "parking fee" makes it sound like they are trying to get the last dollar from each guest.

CinderAbby 11-26-2018 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revral (Post 4691332)
As someone who doesn't drive (as in never got my license) I appreciate that they're billing the parking fee separately.

As someone who does drive, I don't appreciate the NIGHTLY parking fee when the fee is supposedly to reduce the number of DAY visitors parking at the "free" resorts instead of paying at the parks. Make it a daily fee that's waived when you can prove you're actually staying there.

We'reGoingToDisneyWorld 11-30-2018 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CinderAbby (Post 4691367)
As someone who does drive, I don't appreciate the NIGHTLY parking fee when the fee is supposedly to reduce the number of DAY visitors parking at the "free" resorts instead of paying at the parks. Make it a daily fee that's waived when you can prove you're actually staying there.

Exactly. They give you a ticket upon check-in and you put it in your car and can park for FREE in ANY parking lot. Resorts, Parks, Downtown Disney (it'll always be that to me), etc.

If you are NOT staying in a resort ON PROPERTY, then you pay for parking.

Disney needs to fix this.