4 Years Married - 10 Years Together: A September Anniversary PTR - Page 2 - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Thank you to our forum sponsor:
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Sharing the Adventure: Disney World Trip Reports
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

Forum Sponsor: MouseEarVacations.com
Learn Why PassPorter Recommends This Sponsor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2012, 03:01 AM   #16 (permalink)
Community Rank: Trekker

Concierge Level: 7
Disney Nightmares...already?!?!

Last night I had a nightmare that I got to Disney World and our room wasn't ready. Then, when we finally got our room several hours later (hours in which, for some reason, we hung around the lobby instead of going to a park or going swimming), they gave us a room that had three beds crammed into it instead of the one king we had booked, the phone was messed up and the electricity was out, and it was SNOWING outside!

When I described this horrible vision to David this afternoon when he got home from work, he said "Oh, so, other than the snow, our second trip to Disney?" I busted up laughing! I had forgotten, but on our second trip, we ended up in a regular room for one night instead of a room with a king bed, and they were doing some sort of work on the power lines or something, so the power was turned off for about twenty minutes in our room one evening. We also had to ask for a new phone, because ours wouldn't allow us to call the front desk. As for the snow, that's probably just because it's been snowing for the last few days here, which is very unusual for this area.

Anyway, on to the good stuff: the plans!

David and I have been talking, and we decided that instead of spending two whole days away from the Disney bubble, we will do Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure all on the same day, with a one day park pass with the equivalent of the Park Hopper pass. In 2010 when we went to Universal and IOA on two separate days, we were pretty much ready to go back to Disney by noon on both days, and we had to hang around until three for the first Mears Transportation pickup to get back to the Disney Bubble.

In a drastic change (or at least it seems that way to me), we will not be spending our first full day in Florida at the Magic Kingdom.

David and I have decided that we will go to IOA and US on the first day of our vacation, before we've really hit the Disney parks, so we won't be all tired and grumpy, and we can enjoy it a tad more than last time when we were exhausted after our two week vacation, and had already been pampered with Disney customer service for that long. It's never fun to be getting top notch service and then experience horrible service. It made the customer service at Universal seem three times worse than it (probably) actually was.

So, that being said...

Here are the plans for the first two days of our trip...(I'm sharing these like this because I don't have any Disney stuff planned, and won't have any reservation wishlists for these first two days.)

Day 1 - Travel Day

I am hoping to catch the early flight (6AM) again from Seattle-Tacoma International Airport. Most likely, this would have a quick layover at Salt Lake City. That would put us in Orlando by about 4:30. We'll take DME to the hotel, as per usual! We always eat at the hotel food court on the first night. The one trip that we made dining reservations for arrival day, it was so hectic and crazy, we decided to skip it for future trips. Usually we go to the arcade and waste some money, then head to bed early!

Day 2 - Universal Studios/IOA Day

We'll schedule a ride with Mears transportation before we go to bed on arrival day. I think I'll schedule the pickup for 7AM, depending on the park hours at the time of our visit. We'll visit IOA first, of course, because the Wizarding World of Harry Potter is there! I am hoping to eat lunch at the Three Broomsticks before heading over to Universal. Dinner is planned for Margaritaville this night, as we had to cancel our reservation in 2010 due to a mini-financial crisis. We'll probably schedule our pickup by Mears to head back to the hotel around 8 or 9, depending on what time we decide to have dinner.

It took quite a lot of back and forth discussion for David and I to decide to go to Universal instead of the Magic Kingdom the first day. Mostly the back and forth was me, and David kept saying "Whatever you want to do, I'm fine, as long as you don't ask me to stay at a Universal Studios hotel."

Our dining wishlist isn't in any particular order as of yet, because until I know which parks we're going to on which days, I can't arrange them in the proper order!

Our Dining Wishlist

Breakfast
Kouzzina (We've had dinner here before, but never breakfast.)

1900 Park Faire (David loved it last year, so we're headed back.)

Lunch
Le Cellier (A must have!)

Dinner
Cinderella's Royal Table (We have decided to try for it!)

Tony's (Is our back-up plan if we fail to get reservations at CRT.)

Teppan Edo (A first for us.)

La Hacienda de San Angel (Also a first.)

Raglan Road (Must...Have...Bread...Pudding!!!)

'Ohana (A first - very interested to try!)

Boma (A first - also very interested in trying!)

'50's Prime Time Cafe (Have eaten here once before and loved it!)

Kouzzina (We want those Greek donuts again!)

Yak & Yeti (A first)

Liberty Tree Tavern (A first)

Rose & Crown Pub (A first)

Coral Reef Restaurant (Mahi Mahi, please!)

So there you have our (LONG) dining wish list. (That's what happens when you go for two weeks!) I just read this list off to David and he got super excited. I've also got this huge list of Quick Service places that we'll be going to, but I didn't know if you guys would want that list or not. I'm taking votes!

In other, exciting news, I have finally convinced David that it is time to get our own place again. (We have two roommates at the moment.) So when our lease is up in August, we're going to get a two bedroom apartment...

Next up: Our tentative plans for the parks? Possibly...I don't want to hurt your heads. They're a little confusing at the moment.

Check out my latest TR: http://www.passporterboards.com/foru...r-2013-tr.html
Check out my mommy blog! http://mommyhoodinmotion.wordpress.com
My Countdown Counting down to: Our Return to Disney World
266 days, 0 hours, 36 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW Pop Century 5 Yr Wedding Anniversary/Daughter's Early BDay Celebration September 2013, WDW Pop Century 4 Yr Wedding Anniversary September 2012, WDW Pop Century 3 Yr Wedding Anniversary September 2011, WDW Pop Century 2 Yr Wedding Anniversary September 2010, WDW All Star Music Honeymoon March 2009, WDW The Cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort Feb. 1997
Jessie092408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 03:05 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLittleSpark View Post
Of course Jess. I know your a busy girl! When you get a free moment and feel like it.
I will probably get to it tomorrow. Today I had a TON of homework. I am taking a Principles of Management class, and it's a tough one...and it's only day one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiemom View Post
So glad to see you posting again! I am looking forward to following along as you make your plans for this trip!
Thanks! I'm glad to have you along on my planning journey!

Check out my latest TR: http://www.passporterboards.com/foru...r-2013-tr.html
Check out my mommy blog! http://mommyhoodinmotion.wordpress.com
My Countdown Counting down to: Our Return to Disney World
266 days, 0 hours, 36 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW Pop Century 5 Yr Wedding Anniversary/Daughter's Early BDay Celebration September 2013, WDW Pop Century 4 Yr Wedding Anniversary September 2012, WDW Pop Century 3 Yr Wedding Anniversary September 2011, WDW Pop Century 2 Yr Wedding Anniversary September 2010, WDW All Star Music Honeymoon March 2009, WDW The Cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort Feb. 1997
Jessie092408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 09:30 AM   #18 (permalink)
RED SOX NATION!!
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Great plans and wishlist!

Marnie - PassPorter Co-Guide THE FAMILY ROOM , DISNEY WORLD TRIP REPORTS and GLOBETROTTING TRIP REPORTS

The Disneyland, San Diego, and Vegas oh my! Trip Report

The Trip of a Lifetime - Alaska Land and Sea - Trip Report

Non-Creative Title Spring Break Adventures Trip Report

A Whirlwind Trip to Arizona/Utah and the National Parks - UPDATED 9/27!

My Countdown Counting down to: Grand Canyon, Arches, Canyonlands
Hiking around the National Parks
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsAPR '12 - POFQ, JUL '10 - DL, AUG '09 - DCL Western, AUG '08 - POFQ/BC, AUG '06 - AKL/BC/DisneyWonder/Poly, DEC '05 - AKL, APR '05 - AKL/BC, DEC '04 - AKL, MAY '04 - AKL/BC, MAY '03 - WL/BC, MAY '98 -offsite, MAY '94 - BC, AUG '85 - Poly, AUG '83 - Poly, AUG '81 - Poly, JUL '79 - World Inn, JUL '76 - World Inn
Colexis Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 10:03 AM   #19 (permalink)
Community Rank: Adventurer

I like the idea of going there first - get it out of the way - then you can concentrate on DISNEY!! All of your dining choices sounds great! I vote "YES" please share your QS choices. Because my DH and I have looked at the menus to pick where we wanted to eat, and I would like to see what you recommend!

My Countdown Counting down to: Turning 40 in WDW!
52 days, 17 hours, 36 minutes
My Previous TripsWDW 1983 (off site), WDW 1988 (off site), WDW Dec. 2007 (Pop), WDW May 2009 (Pop), WDW Nov. 2010 (Port Orleans Riverside), WDW Feb. 2012 (Pop), WDW Nov. 2012 (Port Orleans Riverside), Jan. 2014 (Pop)
JoJayMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 10:12 AM   #20 (permalink)

Another vote for the QS wish list!

I understand your back and forth with not doing MK the first day but instead doing Universal. We have always done MK our first and last day. There is just something about starting and ending in MK that we love. If we were adding Universal to a trip I think we would probably do it first so that the start of Disney and end of vaca can be just how we like it.

We Turned Her Into A Disney Lovin', Character Huggin', Thrill Ridin' Girl!l My First TR!

A Little Not So Scary Fun is Right Around The Corner
Fall 2014 PTR

~Tabitha~
My Countdown Counting down to: Our Next Trip to the World!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsFirst trip to WDW 1985, WDW Dec. 1991, WDW June 1997, Honeymoon WDW Dec. 1998, Cruise Oct. 1999, WDW Dec. 2000, Cruise Oct. 2003,WDW Dec. 2004 First trip with Son, WDW Oct. 2005, WDW Dec. 2005, WDW and Cruise Sept. 2006 First trip with Daughter, WDW First time staying on Property POR 1/28/12-2/4/12!
Tabitha34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 10:21 AM   #21 (permalink)
Community Rank: Trailblazer

Great list of ADR choices! So many on there that I like! LTT is so good. Le Cellier is a must for us too, in fact DH asked if I could try to get it for lunch 2 days. CRT is a must do at least once for any Disney lover, IMO. There is nothing, and I mean nothing better than eating IN the castle.

Another vote here for QS places, along with anything else you care to share...no matter how small it seems or confusing...IE..things that might change.

My Countdown Counting down to: Back to School
Bu-bye!
My Previous TripsWDW off property 9/1989- as a kid; WDW POP 3/2005-w/extended family; WDW MNSSHP POP 9/2009-w/family and mom; WDW MNSSHP POP 9/2010- w/ mom girls trip; WDW POP 9/2011-1st family trip alone; WDW MVMCP POP 11/2012- First meeting with Dana for FINI2;
OneLittleSpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 12:35 PM   #22 (permalink)
Community Rank: Navigator

Concierge Level: 5
Bring on the lists!

Find my DisneyLAND TR here! Updated 4/5/14 - now Complete!

Find my WDW TR "Our Disney Summer Kickoff" here! COMPLETED 10/16/2013
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsDL 1995; WDW 1997 offsite; WDW May 2005 Honeymoon AKL; WDW Aug 2006 WL; WDW Dec 2006 AKL; WDW Sept 2008 POFQ; Sept 2011 POFQ; May 2013 BC; DLR January 2014 DLH
lexiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 01:29 PM   #23 (permalink)
Community Rank: Scout

Concierge Level: 3
Welcome back, Jessie! I'm glad that you've gotten back into planning this trip, everything looks great so far. Looking forward to more!

My first TR:A Very Merry SurpriseHere we go again: Goin' Down the Bayou Our Anniversary Trip: Happy 10 Years

My Countdown Counting down to: Our Second Cruise
183 days, 16 hours, 36 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsYearly trips to WDW as a child with my family (1982 - 1989), WDW/Universal 1992, Senior Class Trip to WDW June 1994, WDW 2001, First Family Trip with my girls 2009, First MNSSHP October 2010, First MVMCP November 2011, POR November 2012, POR and our first cruise on the Dream August 2013
JKnott17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 02:48 PM   #24 (permalink)
Community Rank: Jetsetter

Great plans!

I love POP. We usually try for a King bed and always stay preferred, so you might get one of our old rooms!

I can't wait to read your plans. That's the same week that we always go in September and we won't be going this year I'll be tagging along vicariously.

I also would do Universal/IOA in one day. We went there on a recent trip and the second day wasn't really necessary. For us, anyway.

Also, kinda random, but I love that it's been 10 years that you've been together. I'm close to your age (25) and I hate that so many people seem to think that young people (mostly teens, but some people still think even 20-year olds) are incapable of feeling love and don't know what love is. I'm still sensitive about that, even though my boyfriend is not someone I met when I was younger. I'm so glad that you're one of the positive stories against the negativity!

My Countdown Counting down to: Our next vacation!!!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsPoly October 1989, Poly May 1990, Pop Century September-October 2008, Pop Century September-October 2009, Pop Century September 2010, Offsite December 2012
Wolfy6688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:36 PM   #25 (permalink)
PassPorter Guide

Community Rank:
Legend Extraordinaire

Concierge Level: 6
Oh, the Disney nightmares!! I can handle them, as long as they never come true!

Great plans and wishlist!!!
Thanks Dad for the early Christmas present!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW June 1979, WDW 1985, WDW 1987, WDW Oct 2003, WDW March 2004, WDW Oct 2004, WDW Sept 2005--Pop Century , WDW Nov 2006--Pop Century, WDW Jan 2007--Pop Century, WDW Nov/Dec 2009--Pop Century, DLR Oct 2011
KMB733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:18 PM   #26 (permalink)
Community Rank: Traveler

Just finding this and everything looks great.
abubbles77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:25 PM   #27 (permalink)

Going right around your scheduled time,Sept. 10-21. staying at Old Key West. Good luck on your pre-planning,half the fun is seeing what everyone else does,and it makes the time fly before the trip.

"Life can be as easy as a fall,it's all so easy once you just let go."
My Countdown Counting down to: 2013 Vacation
My Previous TripsHoneymoon(after 14years!)2010 at AKL,Nov'11(First as DVC members),November'11 BLT,September '12 Old Key West,April 2013,a last min. Trip at the "Swolfin"
ChukkerB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 10:29 PM   #28 (permalink)
Batman's Gal/Mickey's Pal

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Great plans and wonderful dining choices!

Enjoying the Food & Wine Festival

Scrapbook pages completed in 2014 = 259/350 pages

Our most recent WDW Adventures are here A Spring Adventure: Wilderness, Flowers, and the Force PTR (with Cam and Luke)

Cam22 PassPorter Co-Guide: The Darkroom , Sharing the Adventure: Disney World Trip Reports ,
The Porch , The Library , WDW Touring Plans and Globetrotting: General Trip Reports
My Countdown Counting down to: Fall Trek Home
Heading Home
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsOKW/Magic December 2014 -- AKL Jambo House October 2014 -- VWL May 2014--SSR October 2013--AKL/Kidani June 2013--CBR October 2012--BWI June 2012--AKV Jambo House/Kidani Village June 2011 -- November 2010 Beach Club -- June 2010 Beach Club -- October 2009 CBR and Gaylord Palms -- June 2009 AKV/Kidani Village -- June 2008 VWL --June 2007 OKW--June 2006 Disney Wonder/SSR -- June 2005 SSR -- June 2004 VWL -- June 2003 AKL -- August 1997 Off Property -- March 1980 Cocoa Beach
Cam22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:42 PM   #29 (permalink)
Community Rank: Explorer

Great dining choices! And I definitely would like to see your CS list.

Read about our June adventures ~ Getting Wild Disney Style TR updated 11/10

Rain, Sunshine & Cupcakes ~ June 24 - July 3, Magical Memories & Total Insanity TR
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsMay 2006 - WDW / offsite; May 2008 - WDW, SW, US, IOA / offsite; May 2011 - WDW / off-site; June 2012 - WDW / POR; June 2014 - WDW / AKL ~ Kidani Village
MayraLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:04 AM   #30 (permalink)

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank: Explorer

Those look like some great dining choices! I love Boma and LTT! I'm curious to see what your CS choices might be!

ilovedisney247 - Heather PassPorter Guide for The Backyard
Guide for Making More Magic
Guide for Sharing the Magic
My Countdown Counting down to: Leap 2012
24 Hours!
My Previous TripsWDW 1985 off property, WDW 1987 Contemporary, WDW 1989 Poly, WDW Sept. 2006 Pop, WDW Sept. 2007 CBR WDW Aug 2008 ASMu Dec 2008 SSR, May 2009 SSR, June 2009 SSR/VWL, Oct 2009 AKVC, Dec 2009 AKV, June 2010 SSR, Oct 2010 BWV, Nov 2010 CR, Dec 2010 ASp, April 2011 AKVC, June 2011 SSR/ASM, July 2011, ASp, Oct 2011 AKVC, Dec 2011 VGC
ilovedisney247 is offline   Reply With Quote