4 Years Married - 10 Years Together: A September Anniversary PTR - Page 3 - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Thank you to our forum sponsor:
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Sharing the Adventure: Disney World Trip Reports
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

Forum Sponsor: MouseEarVacations.com
Learn Why PassPorter Recommends This Sponsor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2012, 12:39 AM   #31 (permalink)
Community Rank: Trekker

Concierge Level: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colexis Mom View Post
Great plans and wishlist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJayMom View Post
I like the idea of going there first - get it out of the way - then you can concentrate on DISNEY!! All of your dining choices sounds great! I vote "YES" please share your QS choices. Because my DH and I have looked at the menus to pick where we wanted to eat, and I would like to see what you recommend!
I'll be sure to get that list up here soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabitha34 View Post
Another vote for the QS wish list!

I understand your back and forth with not doing MK the first day but instead doing Universal. We have always done MK our first and last day. There is just something about starting and ending in MK that we love. If we were adding Universal to a trip I think we would probably do it first so that the start of Disney and end of vaca can be just how we like it.
It was actually a much more difficult decision for me than I am letting on! I am like you! We're not THERE until we walk down Main Street and see that magical castle! And I have to see the castle one last time on our last day as well! David was laughing at how stressed I was getting over this decision. He finally said "Will the world end if we go to Universal first?" He said he'd much rather "Get the inferior park out of the way before we happily enjoy the rest of our vacation."

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLittleSpark View Post
Great list of ADR choices! So many on there that I like! LTT is so good. Le Cellier is a must for us too, in fact DH asked if I could try to get it for lunch 2 days. CRT is a must do at least once for any Disney lover, IMO. There is nothing, and I mean nothing better than eating IN the castle.

Another vote here for QS places, along with anything else you care to share...no matter how small it seems or confusing...IE..things that might change.
You and I think so much alike when it comes to planning. People would think I was crazy if I shared EVERYTHING...but I bet I could send it to you and you would get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiemom View Post
Bring on the lists!
Coming right up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKnott17 View Post
Welcome back, Jessie! I'm glad that you've gotten back into planning this trip, everything looks great so far. Looking forward to more!
Thank you! I'm excited to be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy6688 View Post
Great plans!

I love POP. We usually try for a King bed and always stay preferred, so you might get one of our old rooms!

I can't wait to read your plans. That's the same week that we always go in September and we won't be going this year I'll be tagging along vicariously.

I also would do Universal/IOA in one day. We went there on a recent trip and the second day wasn't really necessary. For us, anyway.

Also, kinda random, but I love that it's been 10 years that you've been together. I'm close to your age (25) and I hate that so many people seem to think that young people (mostly teens, but some people still think even 20-year olds) are incapable of feeling love and don't know what love is. I'm still sensitive about that, even though my boyfriend is not someone I met when I was younger. I'm so glad that you're one of the positive stories against the negativity!
I really appreciate that. I always get the "Oh, you're married." <pause> "How old are you? Twenty three, really? How long have you been married?" Is it really so crazy in this day and age that I met someone I genuinely cared for when I was 14, and that that grew into love? I've learned to shrug it off, but when I first got married, it really irritated me. Now I just smile and say "I got lucky, I met my prince in high school."

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMB733 View Post
Oh, the Disney nightmares!! I can handle them, as long as they never come true!

Great plans and wishlist!!!
This Disney nightmare kind of made me giggle when I woke up, but some of them are quite terrifying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abubbles77 View Post
Just finding this and everything looks great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChukkerB View Post
Going right around your scheduled time,Sept. 10-21. staying at Old Key West. Good luck on your pre-planning,half the fun is seeing what everyone else does,and it makes the time fly before the trip.
I am really enjoying getting back into reading other people's TRs and PTRs. It brings that excitement bubbling up to the surface more than just thinking about my own plans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam22 View Post
Great plans and wonderful dining choices!
Thanks, Cam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayraLR View Post
Great dining choices! And I definitely would like to see your CS list.
I'll be posting it soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovedisney247 View Post
Those look like some great dining choices! I love Boma and LTT! I'm curious to see what your CS choices might be!
I'll get that CS list up soon! I hear good things about Boma. David wants me to drop it so we can somehow fit Tutto Italia into our agenda, but I told him I really want to try it. We're at the back-and-forth stage for that one right now. Plus, Boma isn't at a park, and I think I chose that one because there will be some days where we won't be going to the "main" parks, but will be going to the waterparks instead.

Check out my latest TR: http://www.passporterboards.com/foru...r-2013-tr.html
Check out my mommy blog! http://mommyhoodinmotion.wordpress.com
My Countdown Counting down to: Our Return to Disney World
346 days, 12 hours, 8 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW Pop Century 5 Yr Wedding Anniversary/Daughter's Early BDay Celebration September 2013, WDW Pop Century 4 Yr Wedding Anniversary September 2012, WDW Pop Century 3 Yr Wedding Anniversary September 2011, WDW Pop Century 2 Yr Wedding Anniversary September 2010, WDW All Star Music Honeymoon March 2009, WDW The Cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort Feb. 1997
Jessie092408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:13 AM   #32 (permalink)

Quick Service Dining!

There were no nay-saying voters, so I'll be sharing the counter service restaurants we've decided on.

As per usual, some of these may change as time goes on, and some of them were only chosen (ABC Commisary) because of what park we plan on being at on a certain day. Feel free to throw out alternatives if I say I'm not sure about somewhere!

Breakfast
Boulangerie Patisserie (AKA The French Bakery of Wonderfulness," this is a must do at least once a trip)

Starring Rolls Bakery (David and I have decided it's nice to grab something to eat after our first couple rides, and this place has delicious breakfast food)

Lunch
Tortuga Tavern (A new choice this year)

Flame Tree BBQ (A must do every year!)

Starring Rolls Bakery (We haven't had their sandwiches yet, only breakfast food)

The Warming Hut (Isn't that what the restaurant at Blizzard Beach is called? This is purely a location choice!)

Casey's Corner (Fell in love last year - it's now a favorite!)

Leaning Palms (Another location choice - Typhoon Lagoon eatery)

Earl of Sandwich (David really loved this last year)

ABC Commisary (We aren't really sure where else to eat at DHS - open to suggestions for CS!)

Restaurantosauras (We tried this for the first time last year at AK and really liked it!)

Yorkshire County Fish Shop (Must do!!!)

Everything Pop Shopping and Dining (this is obviously location!!)

We aren't big breakfast people. Most days we eat oatmeal or bagels or something in the morning on the way to the bus. (And, inevitably, stop for a snack mid-morning when we are starving. This year I think I may bring breakfast bars with a bit of protein in them.)

Looking at this list, I am seeing things already that may change (in fact, I made some changes while I was typing it out), but for now, this is our dining plan for quick service.

I don't know if I've mentioned this, but we booked a bounceback offer last September, so we have a free dining plan. Horrible as it seems, I can't remember if we got free QS and then upgraded to the basic or if we just got free dining. But either way, that's what we have.

In the next couple of days, I'm going to sit down and play around putting tentative park plans together. I know it's useless before the hours come out, but I really can't help myself. I am also going to try to call David's cousin in the next few days to try to pin him down on a more precise date, so I can know if I need to book different days.

If I have to change our trip dates, I'll also have to talk to my manager, since I already put in for my vacation time. (I gave him the dates two days after we got back from Florida in September. He thought I was crazy, but he put them in for me!)

Since we're moving into our own place in August, I've asked one of our current roommates if he will babysit our guinea pig, Chester, for us while we are in Florida. He said "Of course! Chester and I are buddies. We'll watch football and drink beer." I said, "A.J., if I find out you gave my guinea pig beer, we'll have words." His immediate response? "Don't worry, you won't find out!" (Yes, I promise he's kidding. He took care of Chester for us last September when we went.)

Well, folks, I think that's all I've got for you at this point!

Coming up next: Crazy, Blue Sky Estimates of Park Days!

My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW Pop Century 5 Yr Wedding Anniversary/Daughter's Early BDay Celebration September 2013, WDW Pop Century 4 Yr Wedding Anniversary September 2012, WDW Pop Century 3 Yr Wedding Anniversary September 2011, WDW Pop Century 2 Yr Wedding Anniversary September 2010, WDW All Star Music Honeymoon March 2009, WDW The Cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort Feb. 1997
Old 01-22-2012, 01:39 AM   #33 (permalink)

Another quick little update

For past trips, my saving method was "Pay off trip, then start setting aside money to spend on trip!"

This year, I've changed that. Ever since we got home in September, I've been putting five or ten (or twenty dollars) in an envelope every week or so for Disney, when I could. I counted it last night, and we're already up to $200! This is great, considering that normally my count at this time would be zero!

We're also more than halfway done paying off the trip already! We will be done paying by May 1st at the very LATEST. It will probably be closer to the beginning of April.

Once we are done paying off the trip, the amount going in the envelope every week will jump from "whatever goes in" to between 100 and 200 dollars. Assuming that we finish paying off the trip no later than May 1st, not counting any balance already in the envelope, that will give us roughly $2000 to spend while at Disney.

This last year, I budgeted $100 for every day of our trip, and that worked out great. We had enough for tips for our servers, the few souvies we wanted to buy, and any little extra unexpected costs (like a taxi to a park one morning because I saw the line for the buses and said "Not happening").

This year, with the additional money we'll have from starting to save much earlier, I am hoping to budget somewhere between $150 and $200 per day. I am almost positive we won't spend that much every day, but it'll be nice to have a bit of a cushion, and nice to be able to pick up anything more expensive that might crop up that I "can't live without."

All the Disney stuff aside, I am going to bring at least $200 that I have saved separately for Harry Potter merchandise from IOA. Call me a dork, but I will not be happy until I have a full set of Gryffindor robes, and a wand of my very own. (Plus, I want to try a Caldron Cake and a Chocolate Frog, and maybe some other sweet stuff, and maybe buy Hermione's wand, since she is the character I love the best!) I was heartbroken in 2010 when we didn't have enough money to buy more than a scarf and a pin from the WWoHP.

OH MY GOSH.

I just had one of those jump up and down we're going to Disney World moments. Right here in the middle of typing about IOA. I am a weird one.

My PassPorter Bookshelf
Old 01-22-2012, 08:16 AM   #34 (permalink)

If you've never been to WWHP,I will tell you that I enjoyed it,DW didn't but...
The butterbeer is excellent cold,or frozen,but there's no way(when we went last year) to bring any home.The souvenir mugs were pretty cool though. If you're trying to get into the main store,it was a tremendous wait.It seems the "wand sorting" process is the main fault here,from what we are told,it can add HOURS to the wait. If it's crazy busy there is a cart up on the hill towards Hogwarts castle that sells some nice things.That's where we bought wands(Sirius for me) for the whole family,and a couple of Tshirts and other small items.
DW and I had "Lunch with an Imagineer" last trip(Nov'11) and we got to ask many questions,it was an awesome lunch,and the Brown Derby was EXCELLENT! As we were wrapping up,I asked our Imagineer,Dave, when WWHP was moving over to WDW,since Disney basically owned it now. He laughed and hinted that at one time that might have been the story,but Universal is putting HUGE $$$ into re-furbishing it.As a matter of fact Dave lost several of his "team" to Universal to head up the re-do.BTW his team were the ones responsible for "StarTours" and probably the new "Test Track" stuff,although he never really came out and said it,BUT his team had been to Warren,Michigan quite a bit and were making more plans to go back. Neat stuff!
Have fun at WWHP,and don't forget to take a photo of your "butterbeer"moustache!

"Life can be as easy as a fall,it's all so easy once you just let go."
My Countdown Counting down to: 2013 Vacation
22 days, 12 hours, 8 minutes
My Previous TripsHoneymoon(after 14years!)2010 at AKL,Nov'11(First as DVC members),November'11 BLT,September '12 Old Key West,April 2013,a last min. Trip at the "Swolfin"
ChukkerB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:29 AM   #35 (permalink)
Community Rank: Explorer

Just jumping on. Glad to see you back. Love both the TS & CS restaurant lists!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsDisneyLand too many times to count; DisneyWorld: ('82; '94; '00; '04; '05; '08 - twice!; '10;'11 - twice; '13); DCL (all 4 ships): ('00, '05, '06, '10, '11, '13); DVC Hilton Head Resort :D ('06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13 - twice)
cubfancolleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 10:00 AM   #36 (permalink)
Community Rank: Navigator

Concierge Level: 5
Great CS list! I find DHS is the hardest place to find CS that we like. We have had the sandwiches at Starring Rolls on our honeymoon trip and they were really good, huge, but good. We now skip CS at DHS and pay out of pocket for lunch at Sci-Fi.

I am impressed with your savings! Great job so far!

Find my DisneyLAND TR here! Updated 4/5/14 - now Complete!

Find my WDW TR "Our Disney Summer Kickoff" here! COMPLETED 10/16/2013
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsDL 1995; WDW 1997 offsite; WDW May 2005 Honeymoon AKL; WDW Aug 2006 WL; WDW Dec 2006 AKL; WDW Sept 2008 POFQ; Sept 2011 POFQ; May 2013 BC; DLR January 2014 DLH
lexiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 11:50 AM   #37 (permalink)
Batman's Gal/Mickey's Pal
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Concierge Level: 6
Stefanie would enjoy planning with you as I never select CS for each day. We just go with what sounds good at the moment and/or is nearby. She finds that annoying as she'd like to know 180 days in advance where we'll eat non-ADR meals, too. Great savings plan, too!

Meeting my favorite Mouse and he talks!

Scrapbook pages completed in 2014 = 259/350 pages

Our most recent WDW Adventures are here A Spring Adventure: Wilderness, Flowers, and the Force PTR (with Cam and Luke)

Cam22 PassPorter Co-Guide: The Darkroom , Sharing the Adventure: Disney World Trip Reports ,
The Porch , The Library , WDW Touring Plans and Globetrotting: General Trip Reports
My Countdown Counting down to: Fall Trek Home
Heading Home
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsVWL May 2014--SSR October 2013--AKL/Kidani June 2013--CBR October 2012--BWI June 2012--AKV Jambo House/Kidani Village June 2011 -- November 2010 Beach Club -- June 2010 Beach Club -- October 2009 CBR and Gaylord Palms -- June 2009 AKV/Kidani Village -- June 2008 VWL --June 2007 OKW--June 2006 Disney Wonder/SSR -- June 2005 SSR -- June 2004 VWL -- June 2003 AKL -- August 1997 Off Property -- March 1980 Cocoa Beach
Cam22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:36 PM   #38 (permalink)

Great savings plan and love the dining lists!!

Susan
My Countdown Counting down to: Going back to Disney!!!
135 days, 17 hours, 8 minutes
My Previous Trips1st trip- Nov 1987 Off-Site * Jan 2008 Coronado Springs * Jan 2010 Caribbean Beach * Feb 2011 Beach Club * Jan 2012 Caribbean Beach * Dec 2012 Caribbean Beach * Feb 2014 All Star Movies
islandgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 02:26 PM   #39 (permalink)
Community Rank: Legend

Welcome back! Great plans!

My Previous TripsWDW (offsite) Mar. 1988, Former Dixie Landings Resort (Honeymoon) Dec. 1996, OKW Aug. 2006, POR (12th Wedding Anniversary) Dec. 2008
lazanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 03:06 PM   #40 (permalink)
Community Rank: Adventurer

Hi Jessie! I'm so excited to hear all about your trip plans How much snow did you guys end up getting? We got about 8-10 inches I think. It's just been crazy!!

World of Color at our first visit to Disneyland!

My Countdown Counting down to: A trip with my wonderful Mama
37 days, 5 hours, 8 minutes
My Previous TripsWDW- Dec. 2002 (WL), Oct. 2003 (WL), Feb. 2007 (WLV), Dec. 2009 (POFQ), Feb. 2011 (Poly), Nov. 2011 (BLT/AKV Kidani), Feb. 2012 (SSR), Nov. 2012 (AoA/OKW), Jan. 2014 (BWV), March 2014 (AKV Kidani), Nov. 2014 (SSR) DL- May/June 2013 (DLH) Aulani- Nov. 2012
disneyfreeeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 03:16 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessie092408 View Post

It was actually a much more difficult decision for me than I am letting on! I am like you! We're not THERE until we walk down Main Street and see that magical castle! And I have to see the castle one last time on our last day as well! David was laughing at how stressed I was getting over this decision. He finally said "Will the world end if we go to Universal first?" He said he'd much rather "Get the inferior park out of the way before we happily enjoy the rest of our vacation."
I totally agree! This is exactly how I imagine this conversation going between my DH, Jamie, and I. He would just say lets just do that and get it over with and I would totally be stressed about it. I would eventually say yes lets do US and IoA first but it would be difficult. This is part of the reason we have never been to those parks. I can't go to Orlando without going to Disney and I can't afford both right now. One day we will do it though because my DS9 really wants to go to WWoHP.

We Turned Her Into A Disney Lovin', Character Huggin', Thrill Ridin' Girl!l My First TR!

~Tabitha~
My Countdown Counting down to: Our Next Trip to the World!
18 days, 16 hours, 8 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsFirst trip to WDW 1985, WDW Dec. 1991, WDW June 1997, Honeymoon WDW Dec. 1998, Cruise Oct. 1999, WDW Dec. 2000, Cruise Oct. 2003,WDW Dec. 2004 First trip with Son, WDW Oct. 2005, WDW Dec. 2005, WDW and Cruise Sept. 2006 First trip with Daughter, WDW First time staying on Property POR 1/28/12-2/4/12!
Tabitha34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 04:02 PM   #42 (permalink)
RED SOX NATION!!
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Great plans! Good luck with the savings!

Marnie - PassPorter Co-Guide THE FAMILY ROOM , DISNEY WORLD TRIP REPORTS and GLOBETROTTING TRIP REPORTS

The Disneyland, San Diego, and Vegas oh my! Trip Report

The Trip of a Lifetime - Alaska Land and Sea - Trip Report

Non-Creative Title Spring Break Adventures Trip Report

A Whirlwind Trip to Arizona/Utah and the National Parks - UPDATED 9/27!

My Countdown Counting down to: Grand Canyon, Arches, Canyonlands
Hiking around the National Parks
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsAPR '12 - POFQ, JUL '10 - DL, AUG '09 - DCL Western, AUG '08 - POFQ/BC, AUG '06 - AKL/BC/DisneyWonder/Poly, DEC '05 - AKL, APR '05 - AKL/BC, DEC '04 - AKL, MAY '04 - AKL/BC, MAY '03 - WL/BC, MAY '98 -offsite, MAY '94 - BC, AUG '85 - Poly, AUG '83 - Poly, AUG '81 - Poly, JUL '79 - World Inn, JUL '76 - World Inn
Colexis Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 05:26 PM   #43 (permalink)
Community Rank: Adventurer

Love your QS list! Great savings plan!! I also have a "Disney Envelope" that my co-worker keeps for me at work (she hides it from me so I won't be tempted to get into it.....lol) I have been putting money in it each week for our trip in February!

My Countdown Counting down to: Turning 40 in WDW!
133 days, 5 hours, 8 minutes
My Previous TripsWDW 1983 (off site), WDW 1988 (off site), WDW Dec. 2007 (Pop), WDW May 2009 (Pop), WDW Nov. 2010 (Port Orleans Riverside), WDW Feb. 2012 (Pop), WDW Nov. 2012 (Port Orleans Riverside), Jan. 2014 (Pop)
JoJayMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:00 PM   #44 (permalink)

Great CS choices! I got hungry just reading it. Good luck on the saving's plan!

It's started ~ Getting Wild Disney Style TR updated 9/24

Rain, Sunshine & Cupcakes ~ June 24 - July 3, Magical Memories & Total Insanity TR
My Countdown Counting down to: Returning to our happy place!
Having fun with Mickey!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsMay 2006 - WDW / offsite; May 2008 - WDW, SW, US, IOA / offsite; May 2011 - WDW / off-site; June 2012 - WDW / POR; June 2014 - WDW / AKL ~ Kidani Village
MayraLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:39 PM   #45 (permalink)

Concierge Level: 6
So glad you started this!!!! It's not the same without you.

8/150 scrapbook pages done in 2014
6/6 quilts done in 2014
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsPoly Dec. 1979,off-site Aug. 1990, off-site June 1992, off-site Aug. 1993, CBR Sept. 2008, CBR Jan/Feb 2010, POFQ Dec 2011
mojjo is offline   Reply With Quote