Celebrating 12 Years with 11 Days of Magic - UPDATED 5/2 COMPLETE - Page 34 - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Thank you to our forum sponsor:
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Sharing the Adventure: Disney World Trip Reports
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

Forum Sponsor: MouseEarVacations.com
Learn Why PassPorter Recommends This Sponsor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 06:41 PM   #496 (permalink)
Community Rank: Scout

Concierge Level: 3
Congrats on the promotion!

My first TR:A Very Merry Surprise
Here we go again: Goin' Down the Bayou
One more for the road: Happy 10 Years
My Countdown Counting down to: The Anniversary of our DREAMS
We're off to the World!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsYearly trips to WDW as a child with my family (1982 - 1989), WDW/Universal 1992, Senior Class Trip to WDW June 1994, WDW 2001, First Family Trip with my girls 2009, First MNSSHP October 2010, First MVMCP November 2011, POR November 2012, POR and our first cruise on the Dream August 2013
JKnott17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:44 AM   #497 (permalink)

Congratulations on the promotion!

Cruising on a Dream Full of Frights and Friends Completed!
Taking a Break from Life with a Trip to My Happy Place
Celebrating Life's Journeys: Two Birthdays and a Wedding...Disney Style!
My Countdown Counting down to: Big Beach Club Family Vacation
15 days, 8 hours, 9 minutes
My Previous Trips1981 to 1992-Various times and hotels, especially DTD Royal Plaza, 1993-Swan, 1994-CB, 1995- DTD Double Tree, 1996-AS Music, 1997-POR, 1998-GF, 1999-AS Music, 2001-YC, 2001-Off Site, 2002-AS Movie, 2003-AKL, 2003-AS Music, 2004-AKL, 2005-CB, 2006-POR, 2007-SSR, 2008-DCL Wonder/Pop, 2008-SSR, 2009-DCL Magic, 2010-DCL Wonder/BWV, 2010-BCV, 2011-AKLV CL, 2012-BCV, 2012-AKV, 2013-DCL Dream/AKLV
honeybee723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:38 PM   #498 (permalink)
Community Rank: Navigator

Concierge Level: 7
Congrats on the promotion!

Check out the latest ~ Getting Wild Disney Style PTR updated 4/23

Rain, Sunshine & Cupcakes ~ June 24 - July 3, Magical Memories & Total Insanity TR
My Countdown Counting down to: Returning to our happy place!
38 days, 3 hours, 19 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsMay 2006 - WDW / offsite; May 2008 - WDW, SW, US, IOA / offsite; May 2011 - WDW / off-site; June 2012 - WDW / POR
MayraLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:04 PM   #499 (permalink)
PassPorter Guide

Community Rank: Explorer

Concierge Level: 6
Congrats on your promotion! And I hope work settles down for you soon.
My Countdown Counting down to: Off for the Holidays!
Celebrating
My Previous TripsDVC members at AKV since 4/08 WDW Visits: 5/04 - 5/05 - 6/07 - CBR; 11/06 - AKL; 10/08 - SSR ; 12/09 - BCV; 6/09 - 8/10 - 9/11 - AKV club level; 5-6/12 - AKV; 9/12 - BWV; DCL - 10/13
OhToodles! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:45 AM   #500 (permalink)

Finally catching up on my TR reading! It sounds like you had the best time (except for a couple of incidents). Love all the photos. Sorry your meal at Tutto wasn't great. The first time I ate there I enjoyed it but the second time not as much. Sorry about the vibrating bed. I think I would have been like Angel and not even noticed. Love your Sunrise Safari pics. That is such a great experience!

Hanging out with my fellow princesses. Read about it here. NEW update posted 3/25!

Or read my Fall WDW & DCL TR.
My Countdown Counting down to: A Royal Getaway
27 days, 11 hours, 54 minutes
PrincessSharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:56 PM   #501 (permalink)

So I reallyslacked on this report...I know in the past I might miss a few days here and there but I have never let a TR drag as I have this one

I could blame it on time, because the new position has me crazy but I usually always find a few minutes to update. The real annoyance with this TR was that my computer died a few months back, a co-worker leant me a laptop which works fine for most things but I am not sure if it is old, or if it does not like Photobucket but I have been going crazy trying to upload. I cannot tell you how many times I started this update only to get so annoyed that I gave up.

Finally today I said...I have to make an update so I struggled through Photobucket (basically it freezes after each picture I upload so I have to then go back and restart....not fun) but I wanted to get this done. I usually try to break my days up but with this photo issue I am going to give you one day today and hopefully the last day in a few days from now (when I get up the strength to fight with Photobucket again )

Thanks for hanging with me

Day 10 August 3rd - ANGEL's

So our birthday plans had changed a lot over the last few days, we originally were heading to a 9 am Chef Mickey Birthday Breakfast and then we were going to check in to BLT, a day or so before Angel decided she wanted to skip CM (I know ) and have a birthday lunch at LTT so who was I to argue with the birthday girl.

The concierge at AKL were great about making the necessary changes and instead of rushing out to our breakfast at CM we enjoyed our last breakfast in the lounge.

I kind of forgot if we took a cab over to the Contemporary to check in or if we sent our bags and headed straight for the MK but whichever way we did it we made our way to Main Street.

I do not remember if I had to run to the ladies room or if I had to grab somethng at City hall but while I went there the girls went to visit with Mickey and Minnie who only had a few minutes wait. As they made their way out Jasmine fell in love with some ears and decided we all had to where ears today for Angel's birthday (yes shock....Jasmine wanted to wear ears without me even asking )

Snow White was coming out shortly and there was only one person waiting so we jumped in line as the girls really wanted to visit with characters today.As we were waiting Jasmine saw Mary Poppins so she and Angel jumped over to visit with her and shortly after they made their way back to me...it was our turn to visit with Snow White.

I just love that Jasmine was smiling almost the whole day...I think this was a record.

I think at this point we headed towards Adventureland and enjoyed a few rides on a non-existant line at POTC. According to my notes (because if we were going according to my memory we would not know what we did ) we headed over to grab FPs for BTMRR. We had some time so we made our way over to the HM to enjoy a visit with some ghosts until our FPs were ripe.

After a ride through the mountains it was time for our lunch at LTT, I know that one of us went and grabbed FPs for PPF and then we checked in. Lunch was delicious, we had never done lunch here and while I did take food pictures I just could not bear to struggle anymore with PB so I will tell you that Jasmine has a burger, Angel had pasta and I had the Thanksgiving Feast...I can never say know to turkey and stuffing. It was a great meal and filling.

After lunch we ventured on our flight over London as our FPs were perfectly ripe once we made our way out of lunch. Perfect timing!!!

I think at this point we walked over to the Contemporary becuase our room was ready (so it says in my notes) so I must have checked in earlier. We checked in and got our room number and headed over to BLT.

So I was interested to see what Jasmine thought as the Contemporary is Jasmine's least favorite resort...or more like the resort she never wanted to ever stay in ever ever ever (her words not mine). She says it feels too business like, not resort feeling and cold...well our stay did not change her mind much and as much as I hate to admit...it was not my favorite either.

It was very quiet, even the pool area was very empty...I found it too quiet actually and while I have seen pictures of the grand Villa and the one bedrooms and thought they looked amazing I felt that the studio was very clostrophobic...I was happy we were only staying a night. But I am glad we stayed there and no one can beat the walk from the MK so that in itself made the stay here worth it...oh and Jasmine did love the kitchen cabinets

So after we dumped the bags we headed back out to the MK, this time enjoying a nice monorail ride.

We had picked up FPs for the princesses and our time was ripe so we headed in. Angel was so excited to meet Rapunzel. I love the picture below...as much as Angel says she is a big girl now I love that you can still see her excitement at meeting some of her favorite princesses.

She and Rapunzel has a wonderful conversation, Rapunzel loved Jasmine's satchel that she had purchased earlier in the trip from Mexico...she liked it so much she wanted to go get Ryder one as well.

We stopped on Main Street and at the castle for some pics...halfway into the day and Jasmine was still smiling, guess it was her birthday gift to her sister

We had got some FPs for Dumbo when we got our Princess FPs so we headed to Storybook circus next....Jasmine enjoyed taking some pictures as we waited. We really loved the look of the area.

My list of afternoon activities show that we headed to barnstormer (or the Great Goofini) after Dumbo and then wandered back to Fantasyland to see Philamagic. It seems that we then headed back to the HM with BTMRR, SM and POTC following...not sure if it was that order but it is on the list

We had the Wishes Dessert Party tonight to celebrate Angel's birthday and then there was EMH I think as it seems (according to the save Megan's memory notes) we did alot after the party.

Angel enjoyed her allergy free platter while Jasmine enjoyed a little of everything

Jasmine started getting a headache but she grabbed some medication and by the time Wishes was over she was feeling much better. Our after Wishes activities were the Raceway (Angel loves this ride...why I do not know because the lines are always so long but she just loves to drive), we headed to Buzz and then the laugh Floor and the COP. We finished the evening off in Fantasyland with Pooh, IASW and the HM.

By this point we were beat but it was worth it as we walked towards the front gates as Angel said it was the best brithday yet!!! Ok...the smiles from her sister and I guess spending her actual birthday on Main Street sealed the deal.

We took a nice leisurely walk back to the resort...at which Jasmine commented that she did like this part of the resort....no buses, no monorail. We headed upstairs and we were all exhausted. We showered and hit the pillows....as tomorrow we were going home.

But not without some last minute fun!!!

My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsOKW & AKV 8/13, AKV & BLT 7/12, AKV & BWV 8/11, BCV 2/11, POR & BWV 8/10, POR 8/09, POR 12/08, ASMo 6/08, POR 5/06, WDW 3/83
mcc0313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:05 PM   #502 (permalink)
PassPorter Guide

Community Rank: Explorer

What a great birthday! I love all of you in your ears - so cute!
I'm hoping Angel continues to want to go to Disney on her birthday as we might overlap at some point. My birthday is 5 days later and want to go again for my birthday. If not, we'll overlap at some point I'm sure. Ok enough rambling!
My Countdown Counting down to: Off for the Holidays!
Celebrating
My Previous TripsDVC members at AKV since 4/08 WDW Visits: 5/04 - 5/05 - 6/07 - CBR; 11/06 - AKL; 10/08 - SSR ; 12/09 - BCV; 6/09 - 8/10 - 9/11 - AKV club level; 5-6/12 - AKV; 9/12 - BWV; DCL - 10/13
OhToodles! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:05 PM   #503 (permalink)
Batman's Gal/Mickey's Pal
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Meg, sorry you're having issues with Photobucket. There latest upgrade has been bugging a lot of us. Angel's birthday does sound perfect and Jasmine's smile is gorgeous. , Angel! I think if Luke and I ever stay at BLT we will fill much the same way. The Contemporary is just a little too modern in style for us, but that walk to MK and monorail to Epcot would be worth a stay.

My family has decided that I look a lot like Tinker Bell in this Christmas photo.

Scrapbook pages completed in 2014 = 90/250 pages

Our most recent WDW Adventures are here A Spring Adventure: Wilderness, Flowers, and the Force PTR (with Cam and Luke)

Cam22 PassPorter Co-Guide: The Darkroom , Sharing the Adventure: Disney World Trip Reports ,
The Porch , The Library , WDW Touring Plans and Globetrotting: General Trip Reports
My Countdown Counting down to: First Flower and Garden Festival
17 days, 6 hours, 9 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsSSR October 2013--AKL/Kidani June 2013--CBR October 2012--BWI June 2012--AKV Jambo House/Kidani Village June 2011 -- November 2010 Beach Club -- June 2010 Beach Club -- October 2009 CBR and Gaylord Palms -- June 2009 AKV/Kidani Village -- June 2008 VWL --June 2007 OKW--June 2006 Disney Wonder/SSR -- June 2005 SSR -- June 2004 VWL -- June 2003 AKL -- August 1997 Off Property -- March 1980 Cocoa Beach
Cam22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:21 PM   #504 (permalink)

I just cringe when I think of having to deal with photobucket these days, but this update was worth waiting for! So many wonderful photos of all of you. What a great birthday!

I'm not a fan of the style at the Contemporary, but I agree, it's so worth it for just a few days to do MK at night without dealing with transportation. It's not my personal taste, but in a hotel room I don't really mind the modern decor, as it feels so crisp and clean!

Boston Public Garden ducks dressed up for Easter and Marathon Day!

See more in my thread on the Marathon in the Family Forum: http://www.passporterboards.com/foru...ot-boston.html
My Previous TripsMost recent WDW trip 2/14; Most recent DLR trip 7/12; Most recent DCL trip 7/12 Alaska Wonder
lauriep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:32 PM   #505 (permalink)
PassPorter Guide

Great update! And can't think of a better way to celebrate a birthday! I just did the same myself! And that dessert party is a perfect way to celebrate!!!!

Lisa Co-Guide to Sharing the Adventure Disney World Trip Reports

TR: Free + Still Good + F&WF = Let's Go!!!
PTR: Spring Break Lifestyle in the DR!
My Countdown Counting down to: Till the plane lands me in my Happy Place!
66 days, 11 hours, 19 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsPOP September 2013; POP August 2013; AKL & BLT June/July 2013; POR December 2012; SSR October 2012; SSR July 2011; BWV May 2011; SSR July/Aug 2010; WL & SSR July 2009; SSR July 2008; OKW August 2007; OKW May 2007; SSR October 2006; SSR June 2006; OKW December 2005; CS September 2005; OKW July 2005; SSR October 2004; POP June 2004; ASMV April 2004; BWV October 2003
lfredsbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:26 AM   #506 (permalink)
PassPorter Message Board Manager

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

What a wonderful birthday!

Sorry about the issues with Photobucket - I think a lot of us hear you about those. Every time it points me to the new site, I go back to the old, that's the only way I can get it to work now.

Enjoying boating out on the Broads - the trip report is underway.

I'm Cheryl and I'm the author of PassPorter's Walt Disney World for British Holidaymakers and the co-author of PassPorter's Disney Vacation Club Guide I'm also one of the PassPorter guides for the Disney Vacation Club, Eateries, Globetrotting, Globetrotting Trip Reports, Disneyland Resort Paris and Disneyland Trip Reports forums.

My Countdown Counting down to: The World Diving Championships
2 days, 5 hours, 9 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsDisney: 17 trips to WDW, 5 to Disneyland in California, 7 to Disneyland Paris, 1 to Hong Kong Disneyland, 1 to Tokyo Disney, 1 to Aulani, 1 to Hilton Head, 2 to Vero Beach and 5 Disney cruises on the Magic, Wonder, Dream and Fantasy. Non-Disney (because otherwise I can't keep track...): American cities (Boston, Chicago, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, San Diego, San Francisco, Washington DC), American National Parks (Arches, Bryce Canyon, Canyonlands, Death Valley, Everglades, Grand Canyon, Grand Tetons, Virgin Islands, Yellowstone, Yosemite, Zion), Hawaii (Oahu, Kauai, Maui and Big Island) and Europe (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Ireland, France, Spain (including Tenerife, Lanzarote and Mallorca), Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Austria, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Italy, Monaco, Finland, Norway and Sweden)
chezp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:48 AM   #507 (permalink)
RED SOX NATION!!
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Concierge Level: 7
What a great birthday for Angel! Love the pictures!!

Marnie - PassPorter Co-Guide THE FAMILY ROOM , DISNEY WORLD TRIP REPORTS and GLOBETROTTING TRIP REPORTS

The Disneyland, San Diego, and Vegas oh my! Trip Report

The Trip of a Lifetime - Alaska Land and Sea - Trip Report

Non-Creative Title Spring Break Adventures Trip Report

A Whirlwind Trip to Arizona/Utah and the National Parks - UPDATED 9/27!

My Countdown Counting down to: Grand Canyon, Arches, Canyonlands
Hiking around the National Parks
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsAPR '12 - POFQ, JUL '10 - DL, AUG '09 - DCL Western, AUG '08 - POFQ/BC, AUG '06 - AKL/BC/DisneyWonder/Poly, DEC '05 - AKL, APR '05 - AKL/BC, DEC '04 - AKL, MAY '04 - AKL/BC, MAY '03 - WL/BC, MAY '98 -offsite, MAY '94 - BC, AUG '85 - Poly, AUG '83 - Poly, AUG '81 - Poly, JUL '79 - World Inn, JUL '76 - World Inn
Colexis Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:13 AM   #508 (permalink)

What a great birthday for Angel! I love that you all wore ears to celebrate the day I agree, too, about the Contemporary feeling cold and business like, but that walk to/from the MK can't be beat! Good luck with Photobucket!

My first TR:A Very Merry Surprise
Here we go again: Goin' Down the Bayou
One more for the road: Happy 10 Years
My Countdown Counting down to: The Anniversary of our DREAMS
We're off to the World!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsYearly trips to WDW as a child with my family (1982 - 1989), WDW/Universal 1992, Senior Class Trip to WDW June 1994, WDW 2001, First Family Trip with my girls 2009, First MNSSHP October 2010, First MVMCP November 2011, POR November 2012, POR and our first cruise on the Dream August 2013
JKnott17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:50 AM   #509 (permalink)
Community Rank: Globetrotter

Nice update. Sorry you are having problems with PB - it can be so annoying.

What a great birthday. I'd loe to spend my birthday walking right down the middle of Main Street USA. What is it about those dang race cars? They are not that thrilling and the long is always long but the kids sure do love them.

Holly

PTR: Aug 17-31 2014
My Best Trip Ever!
First Disney Cruise
Baltimore Washington Weekend
My Countdown Counting down to: Return trip to the Mouse
114 days, 12 hours, 9 minutes
My Previous TripsWDW '76, '80, '81, '83, '85, '88, '90, '91, '92, '96, '98, '00, '06, '11 England '91, '95, '99, '02, '11, '12 France 2004 Up and Down East Coast of US
mommapants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:59 PM   #510 (permalink)
Community Rank: Globetrotter

Loving the ears! Jasmine's are especially festive! So glad Angle had a wonderful birthday

Why do these kids look so pathetic?

Find out in: A New Grade, A New House, and A Surprise! Final Thoughts 01/30

My Previous TripsWDW Trips: Nov 1987 (off site); July 2007 ASMo; July 2008 POR; July 2009 ASMo; August 2010 CS; Disney Dream August 2011; August 2012 WL
sc507 is offline   Reply With Quote