Celebrating 12 Years with 11 Days of Magic - UPDATED 5/2 COMPLETE - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Thank you to our forum sponsor:
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Sharing the Adventure: Disney World Trip Reports
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

Forum Sponsor: MouseEarVacations.com
Learn Why PassPorter Recommends This Sponsor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2012, 11:17 PM   #1 (permalink)

Concierge Level: 6
Celebrating 12 Years with 11 Days of Magic - UPDATED 5/2 COMPLETE

Celebrating 12 Years with 11 Days of Magic

So someone asked me the other day "so when is the PTR starting?" and I realized I am 45 days away from our trip, which is pretty close in terms of PTR starting for me.

Now it wasn't like I had not thought about it, but I have been crazy busy lately and when I did think about it I just could not figure out a title, so I put it on the back burner and figured sooner or later a name would come to me.

Ok....still no name so I asked the PTR requestor for some ideas, I mean she is going to play a big part in this trip (and I have already stipulated that I am fully expecting her to chime in to the PTR / TR as well).

So she tells me that her creative mind was not working well but she offers some suggestions anyway, of course "Ms. My Creative Mind is Not Working" came up with the perfect title....so I cannot take credit for the title of this PTR but I can take credit for the reasoning behind it (Hey I need to take a little credit don't I).

So how did I contribute to this wonderfully named PTR, well I bore the child who will be celebrating 12 wonderful years (I know not much of a contribution in comparison to the wonderful TR title but at least I made a donation ).

A little backstory: So after our first two summer trips to WDW (one being in May and the other in June) we fell in love with free dining and the low crowds of the last week of August. My youngest daughter Angel's birthday is August 3rd so we always made it a late brithday celebration for her and she being a Disney Loving Fanatic like her mother was in her glory...but she often mentioned how it would be wonderful to be at WDW on her actual birthday but the thought of missing out on free dining was hard to resist, so of course I used the reasoning that all the money we save on food could be used for other special things...so that worked for two years and actually afforded us some speacial treats for the girls. I was perfectly happy with our travel week and so were the girls....until....

Fast forward to last year when her sister Jasmine started college, and classes started the 3rd week of August, well nice way to mess up my last week of August travel plans. So we needed to find a new week for our summer vacation...and I am sure we can all guess what Angel's recommendation was.

So last year we planned a trip to coincide with her actual birthday...and it was magical. My sister came for a few days with my nephew to celebrate with us, we got to spend some time with Jill (Jillybean) and Mary Devall (who was celebrating her birthday), and even one of Angel's school friends (who was visiting her aunt) came to celebrate with us for a day. All in all it was a wonderful trip for all of us and we had found our new summer vacation week.

So here we are again...45 days from our next celebration. Angel is turning 12 this year, still cannot believe my baby is not only going into her third year in double digits but she is really becoming so much of a little pre-teen (not sure if I am enjoying that change but we are surviving). So as the title states we are celebrating 12 wonderful years of Angel....with 11 days of magic at the happiest place on Earth.

Up Next: Plans, Plans and more Plans (and of course changes, like I could ever plan a trip without changes )

My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsOKW & AKV 8/13, AKV & BLT 7/12, AKV & BWV 8/11, BCV 2/11, POR & BWV 8/10, POR 8/09, POR 12/08, ASMo 6/08, POR 5/06, WDW 3/83

Last edited by mcc0313; 06-10-2012 at 07:03 PM..
mcc0313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 12:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
Community Rank: Adventurer

Great start! I hope you all have as magical of a trip as your last one .

World of Color at our first visit to Disneyland!

My Countdown Counting down to: WDW with some of my best friends
Disney won't know what hit em!
My Previous TripsWDW- Dec. 2002 (WL), Oct. 2003 (WL), Feb. 2007 (WLV), Dec. 2009 (POFQ), Feb. 2011 (Poly), Nov. 2011 (BLT/AKV Kidani), Feb. 2012 (SSR), Nov. 2012 (AoA/OKW), Jan. 2014 (BWV), March 2014 (AKV Kidani) DL- May/June 2013 (DLH) Aulani- Nov. 2012
disneyfreeeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 12:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
Community Rank: Trekker

Concierge Level: 7
So glad you made your donation so we can enjoy your PTR.
What would any PTR be without changes...is it even possible?
Looking forward to reading the plans

They caught us all smiling and looking at the camera!!!
My Countdown Counting down to: 10 Year Anniversary Trip
Honeymooning Again in Disney
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsOffsite July 1989, Epcot Jan 1998, POFQ(honeymoon) March 2003, POR May 2006, POR Sept 2007, AKL Sept 2008, SSR(DVC Members) June 2009, WL 2010, BWV &WLV June 2011, Bachelorette Party Feb 2012, July 2012 AKV-Kidani
tammyd_rn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:52 AM   #4 (permalink)
Community Rank: Trailblazer

Yay!!! SO glad you started.

Can't wait to hear about all your changes....I mean plans!

Hurts So Good TR 9/2009
"This Is Not the Trip You're Looking For" TR May/Jun 2011
My Countdown Counting down to: Star Wars Weekend Solo Trip!
My Previous TripsWDW May/June 2011 POR, WDW Sep 2009 POR, WDW Sep 2007 POR
Nimros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:27 AM   #5 (permalink)
RED SOX NATION!!
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Great start Meg! Can't wait to hear about all the plans!

Marnie - PassPorter Co-Guide THE FAMILY ROOM , DISNEY WORLD TRIP REPORTS and GLOBETROTTING TRIP REPORTS

The Disneyland, San Diego, and Vegas oh my! Trip Report

The Trip of a Lifetime - Alaska Land and Sea - Trip Report

Non-Creative Title Spring Break Adventures Trip Report

A Whirlwind Trip to Arizona/Utah and the National Parks - UPDATED 9/27!

My Countdown Counting down to: Grand Canyon, Arches, Canyonlands
Hiking around the National Parks
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsAPR '12 - POFQ, JUL '10 - DL, AUG '09 - DCL Western, AUG '08 - POFQ/BC, AUG '06 - AKL/BC/DisneyWonder/Poly, DEC '05 - AKL, APR '05 - AKL/BC, DEC '04 - AKL, MAY '04 - AKL/BC, MAY '03 - WL/BC, MAY '98 -offsite, MAY '94 - BC, AUG '85 - Poly, AUG '83 - Poly, AUG '81 - Poly, JUL '79 - World Inn, JUL '76 - World Inn
Colexis Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:57 AM   #6 (permalink)
PassPorter Message Board Manager

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Concierge Level: 3
Great start!

Meeting Captain Mickey on our magical Mediterranean vacation - the trip report is now underway. The pre-trip report for our weekends in Scotland for the Commonwealth Games is now underway.

I'm Cheryl and I'm the author of PassPorter's Walt Disney World for British Holidaymakers and the co-author of PassPorter's Disney Vacation Club Guide I'm also one of the PassPorter guides for the Disney Vacation Club, Eateries, Globetrotting, Globetrotting Trip Reports, Disneyland Resort Paris and Disneyland Trip Reports forums.

My Countdown Counting down to: Watching the cycling at the Commonwealth Games
1 days, 2 hours, 21 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsDisney: 17 trips to WDW, 5 to Disneyland in California, 7 to Disneyland Paris, 1 to Hong Kong Disneyland, 1 to Tokyo Disney, 1 to Aulani, 1 to Hilton Head, 2 to Vero Beach and 6 Disney cruises on the Magic, Wonder, Dream and Fantasy to the Caribbean (three times), Alaska (once) and the Mediterranean (twice). Non-Disney (because otherwise I can't keep track...): American cities (Boston, Chicago, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, San Diego, San Francisco, Washington DC), American National Parks (Arches, Bryce Canyon, Canyonlands, Death Valley, Everglades, Grand Canyon, Grand Tetons, Virgin Islands, Yellowstone, Yosemite, Zion), Hawaii (Oahu, Kauai, Maui and Big Island) and Europe (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Ireland, France, Spain (including Tenerife, Lanzarote and Mallorca), Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Austria, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Monaco, Finland, Norway and Sweden)
chezp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:14 AM   #7 (permalink)
Community Rank: Navigator

Concierge Level: 5
Great start!

Find my DisneyLAND TR here! Updated 4/5/14 - now Complete!

Find my WDW TR "Our Disney Summer Kickoff" here! COMPLETED 10/16/2013
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsDL 1995; WDW 1997 offsite; WDW May 2005 Honeymoon AKL; WDW Aug 2006 WL; WDW Dec 2006 AKL; WDW Sept 2008 POFQ; Sept 2011 POFQ; May 2013 BC; DLR January 2014 DLH
lexiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 04:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Community Rank: Navigator

Fabulous start! As far as changes - well, you're speaking my language there! I look forward to hearing about the evolution of your plans - as well as the execution of them once you return! 11 days sounds blissful to me!
Come read my recent trip reports: TransAtlantic on the Disney Magic: http://www.passporterboards.com/foru...t-live-tr.html and Meri's Dream Cruise: http://www.passporterboards.com/foru...ml#post4268752
http://www.passporterboards.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic13079_16.gif
My Countdown Counting down to: Having a Wonder-Full Cruise Vacation!
196 days, 14 hours, 21 minutes
My Previous Trips* Feb 2015 - Disney Wonder Caribbean Cruise * Feb 2014 - CBR / Disney Dream Bahamas Cruise * June 2013 - Disneyland Paris * May 2013 - Disney Magic Transatlantic Cruise * Oct 2012 - Disneyland * Sept 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room) * Feb 2012 - Boardwalk Villas / Animal Kingdom Villas (Kidani Village) * Oct 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside / Bonnet Creek * Feb 2011 - Caribbean Beach Resort (Pirate Room) / Animal Kingdom Lodge * Nov 2009 - Port Orleans French Quarter * Feb 2009 - Coronado Springs * Feb 2008 - Port Orleans Riverside * Sept 2006 - Boardwalk Inn * Prior to 2006 - Too many visits to count...
Principessa_di_Fata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
Community Rank: Legend

Great start!

My Previous TripsWDW (offsite) Mar. 1988, Former Dixie Landings Resort (Honeymoon) Dec. 1996, OKW Aug. 2006, POR (12th Wedding Anniversary) Dec. 2008
lazanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:39 PM   #10 (permalink)

Wonderful start and a great reason to celebrate!

My Previous TripsMost recent WDW trip 2/14; Most recent DLR trip 7/12; Most recent DCL trip 7/12 Alaska Wonder
lauriep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
Community Rank: Explorer

great start more please

WDW - August 1997 Off Property
WDW - January 2005 AKL
WDW - May 2006 Pop Century
WDW- november-dec 2007 pop century
WDW- dec/jan 2009/2010 pop century
WDW- oct/nov 2012 art of animation
WDW- sept 2013 port Orleans riverside
My Countdown Counting down to: road trip
family fun
My Previous Tripsaug 1997 off site jan 2005 animal kingdom lodger may 2006 pop century dec 2007 pop century dec 2009/jan 2010 pop century 0ct/nov 2012 art of animation resort sept 2013 port Orleans riverside
bsblady01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:19 PM   #12 (permalink)

So I guess the best place to start is the actual....when are we going?

Last year Angel's birthday fell perfectly in the middle of the week on a Wendesday. It was orginally going to be a short 3 night trip just me and her...well of course it morphed into an 8 night split stay but it worked out well as we were able to come home on a Friday giving me a weekend to recuperate before heading back to work.

This year her birthday did not fall so perfectly...it fell on a Friday. After going back and forth in my head I decided we would take a late night flight home on that Friday so the original plans were to leave on Thursday July 26th late at night after I came home from work, and flying back on the last flight on the evening on August 3rd...

Ok Angel was not too happy about flying home on her birthday and after considering it I realized I would not want to fly home on my birthday either. So I figured if I had at least Sunday to rest I would be fine and Angel would not have to spend her birthday on an airplane (even if most of the day was at WDW), it worked out well anyway because it seemed that the flights on Saturday were cheaper, plus it would give us an extra day at Disney.

Then I remembered that I hit my 5 year anniversary at work this year so I get an extra week of PTO, plus I had three days of comp time built up, so instead of taking that 9:30 PM flight out of JFK I would take the full day and fly out in the morning giving us a day to just relax at the resort, something the girls requested more time for this trip. So I thought we were set. Fly on July 26th in the AM, fly home in the PM on the 4th....everything was good until the darn AM flight on Thursday just would not come down in price. I watched it for weeks, until I was driving myself mad.

So as I was standing outside one day at lunch, people watching the tourists at 42nd Street stopping traffic as they took photos of random things that only tourists could love my wonderful DVC buddy came by and we got to talking about our trips as they are overlapping again So I was telling him my flight issues and he said well why don't you fly down Wendesday night instead?

Wendesday night you say? Well I have not even looked at the Wendesday night flights. So I checked and they were cheaper...way cheaper. I did not book yet but decided to wait just to be sure.

Alot of changes took place at work, namely my boss quitting. Not a bad thing...but neverless a lot of changes going on so I talked to the project manager that I work with and mentioned leaving on Wendesday instead, of course he said go for it so I went back to my trusty Jet Blue site and booked. I had enough points for one RT flight so I purchased two other tickets leaving at 3 PM on Wendesday July 25th and leaving Orlando on August 4th at 8 PM. I would still go into work for a few hours on Wendesday morning and then will head home to meet the girls and my dad who will drop us off at the airport. Best part - the total savings leaving on Wendesday over Thursday.....$275 - quite a savings if you ask me and I get an extra evening at WDW, can't go wrong there.

The only issue was I did not have enough points to cover the extra night. A bit of backstory for those that have not read about my adventures, after my wonderful DVC friend let me use some points back in 2010 for part of our trip the DVC bug had bitten me bad. I held off but after losing our ability to travel during the end of August Free Dining...well DVC sounded better and better so as a late Christmas gift to me and the girls we became members in January 2011. Now my DVC friend, well a lot of changesin his life prevent him from traveling often and he often ends up with points that will expire...until he met me. So he happily allows me to use whatever points are expiring and as he said he feels good as they are not going to waste...point in case, he took care of my extra night, he truly is an amazing person and friend.

So we were set with our dates, July 25th to August 4th and we had our rooms...so what is next?

Up Next: So where are we actually staying?

My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsOKW & AKV 8/13, AKV & BLT 7/12, AKV & BWV 8/11, BCV 2/11, POR & BWV 8/10, POR 8/09, POR 12/08, ASMo 6/08, POR 5/06, WDW 3/83

Last edited by mcc0313; 06-10-2012 at 10:23 PM..
mcc0313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:30 PM   #13 (permalink)

Awesome start! Congrats on saving $$ and for having such a great friend to help with DVC points.

Ok, look pretty! Oh no, wait!!!

Fall Festival Fun with Friends!

Eagles, and Whales, and Bears - Oh My!!
My Countdown Counting down to: Two whole weeks with my favorite character - oh and Mickey too!
Lovin' this trip!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsTreehouse Villas 1987, All Star Sports 2000, Coronado Springs 2002, POR 2003, 2004 x 2, 2005 x 3, 2006 x2, 2007 x 3, 2008 x 2, 2009 May Flower and Garden, Sept DD Bday, Dec PPfest! 2010 Sept Bounceback with DH, Dec SSR with Kids/grandkids!!!, 2011 Alaska cruise, Thanksgiving with Mickey!, 2012 Poconos, Cruisin' and NYC, Birthday in the Bubble, 2 whole weeks in the bubble Sept 2013
Grammy Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:59 PM   #14 (permalink)
Community Rank: Trailblazer

Great start What an awesome friend you have

Planned Trips:
22 September - 11 October, our 3 week extravaganza!
My Countdown Counting down to: Our 3 week extravaganza
59 days, 9 hours, 21 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsNov/Dec 2012, Sept 2011, May 2008, May 2006, Oct 2005, Jan/July/Sept/Dec 2004, March 2003, Sept 1989
Annabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:15 AM   #15 (permalink)
PassPorter Message Board Manager

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Concierge Level: 3
Congrats on the savings and the extra time!

Meeting Captain Mickey on our magical Mediterranean vacation - the trip report is now underway. The pre-trip report for our weekends in Scotland for the Commonwealth Games is now underway.

I'm Cheryl and I'm the author of PassPorter's Walt Disney World for British Holidaymakers and the co-author of PassPorter's Disney Vacation Club Guide I'm also one of the PassPorter guides for the Disney Vacation Club, Eateries, Globetrotting, Globetrotting Trip Reports, Disneyland Resort Paris and Disneyland Trip Reports forums.

My Countdown Counting down to: Watching the cycling at the Commonwealth Games
1 days, 2 hours, 21 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsDisney: 17 trips to WDW, 5 to Disneyland in California, 7 to Disneyland Paris, 1 to Hong Kong Disneyland, 1 to Tokyo Disney, 1 to Aulani, 1 to Hilton Head, 2 to Vero Beach and 6 Disney cruises on the Magic, Wonder, Dream and Fantasy to the Caribbean (three times), Alaska (once) and the Mediterranean (twice). Non-Disney (because otherwise I can't keep track...): American cities (Boston, Chicago, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, San Diego, San Francisco, Washington DC), American National Parks (Arches, Bryce Canyon, Canyonlands, Death Valley, Everglades, Grand Canyon, Grand Tetons, Virgin Islands, Yellowstone, Yosemite, Zion), Hawaii (Oahu, Kauai, Maui and Big Island) and Europe (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Ireland, France, Spain (including Tenerife, Lanzarote and Mallorca), Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Austria, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Monaco, Finland, Norway and Sweden)
chezp is offline   Reply With Quote