Rain, Sunshine & Cupcakes ~ June 24 - July 3 - Page 2 - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Thank you to our forum sponsor:
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Sharing the Adventure: Disney World Trip Reports
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

Forum Sponsor: MouseEarVacations.com
Learn Why PassPorter Recommends This Sponsor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2012, 08:39 AM   #16 (permalink)
Community Rank: Trekker

Concierge Level: 7
Glad you started this! It's a great start! Yuck about the gum. I'm glad you didn't fall down in the bathroom! That's what I was afraid you were going to say. I'm with you though, putting your foot on the floor is gross and I would have been washing mine too. Your boys are so cute!

We Turned Her Into A Disney Lovin', Character Huggin', Thrill Ridin' Girl!l My First TR!

~Tabitha~
My Countdown Counting down to: Our Next Trip to the World!
50 days, 9 hours, 35 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsFirst trip to WDW 1985, WDW Dec. 1991, WDW June 1997, Honeymoon WDW Dec. 1998, Cruise Oct. 1999, WDW Dec. 2000, Cruise Oct. 2003,WDW Dec. 2004 First trip with Son, WDW Oct. 2005, WDW Dec. 2005, WDW and Cruise Sept. 2006 First trip with Daughter, WDW First time staying on Property POR 1/28/12-2/4/12!
Tabitha34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:49 AM   #17 (permalink)
Community Rank: Jetsetter

Concierge Level: 4
Great start!!!
Old 07-12-2012, 09:07 AM   #18 (permalink)

Glad you started your TR! Sorry about the gum and bathroom floor incident. I'm the same way about public restrooms. Everything about them is gross to me (although I still use them) so I would not want my bare foot on the floor. Glad to hear the flight went well and you made it to Orlando!

Hello Princess, Welcome Home! A Feb 2014 TR - COMPLETE 06/09/2014

My Previous Trips[WDW 1985, DLR 1995, WDW March 2000, DLR 2002, DLR 2006, WDW August 2009 - CSR, WDW January 2012 - POP, February 2014 - AKV Kidani]
stardust190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:30 AM   #19 (permalink)

Concierge Level: 6
Great start! I am with you about putting your feet on the bare bathroom floor. Yuck! I always throw a pair of socks in my carryon bag when I'm wearing flip flops or sandals because I hate going through security with bare feet. One of my many quirks!

Fun with Mom. Read about it in my Trip Report! New update posted 8/22!

Or read about my spring trip here.
My Countdown Counting down to: Family Disney trip
Having fun in my happy place!
PrincessSharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:45 AM   #20 (permalink)
Community Rank: Navigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiemom View Post
Sounds like a great travel day! Looking forward to more.
Yes it was! For the first time, I felt relaxed. I'm usually very nervous about the airport, the flight. This time it was all so good. Maybe travelling just us 5 makes it easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchdisneyfamily View Post
Great start! Yuck about the gum!
The gum incident was gross! I hate when that happens to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abubbles77 View Post
Great start. Can't wait to read more.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsblady01 View Post
great start more please
Thanks for following along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlandmom2 View Post
Great start! I can't wait to hear about how you enjoy your first on-site stay! The boys look so ready for the trip...and so do you!

Yuck about the gum...that always seems to happen to me too, but only with new shoes. If I can manage to not get gum on new shoes the first time or two that I wear them, then I'm usually ok! I think gum just likes new shoes!
I think so too. Maybe it's because they're not dirty enough. I was so mad, I was sticking to the floor as I walked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKnott17 View Post
Great start, well except for the gum and then losing your balance in the bathroom, yuck! Glad the flight was pretty uneventful, looking forward to more!
Oh my, losing my balance was the worst! I thought I was good because I was leaning against the wall, should've known better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezp View Post
Great start!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kangelop View Post
Can't wait to hear more
Thanks! There's more to come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyH View Post
Your title drew me in, especially the "Cupcake" part . I love me some Disney Cupcake !

Great start!
Thanks! The title defines our entire trip. We all love cupcakes, by the end of the trip not so much. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerns17 View Post
Great start!!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfamily1129 View Post
Great start! can't wait to read more.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabitha34 View Post
Glad you started this! It's a great start! Yuck about the gum. I'm glad you didn't fall down in the bathroom! That's what I was afraid you were going to say. I'm with you though, putting your foot on the floor is gross and I would have been washing mine too. Your boys are so cute!
Oh my, if I had fallen completely on the floor I think I would've taken a bath right there at the sink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCEANGRLLG View Post
Great start!!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardust190 View Post
Glad you started your TR! Sorry about the gum and bathroom floor incident. I'm the same way about public restrooms. Everything about them is gross to me (although I still use them) so I would not want my bare foot on the floor. Glad to hear the flight went well and you made it to Orlando!
I look back at it now and it seems funny. But when it actually happened it wasn't that funny. When my foot touched the floor I let out a little squeal and there was this lady that looked at me as if I were a bit crazy.

It's started ~ Getting Wild Disney Style TR updated 8/26

Rain, Sunshine & Cupcakes ~ June 24 - July 3, Magical Memories & Total Insanity TR
My Countdown Counting down to: Returning to our happy place!
Having fun with Mickey!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsMay 2006 - WDW / offsite; May 2008 - WDW, SW, US, IOA / offsite; May 2011 - WDW / off-site; June 2012 - WDW / POR; June 2014 - WDW / AKL ~ Kidani Village
MayraLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:47 AM   #21 (permalink)
Community Rank: Navigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSharon View Post
Great start! I am with you about putting your feet on the bare bathroom floor. Yuck! I always throw a pair of socks in my carryon bag when I'm wearing flip flops or sandals because I hate going through security with bare feet. One of my many quirks!
Uh-oh, I just realized I always go through security barefoot. Never gave it much thought.

It's started ~ Getting Wild Disney Style TR updated 8/26

Rain, Sunshine & Cupcakes ~ June 24 - July 3, Magical Memories & Total Insanity TR
My Countdown Counting down to: Returning to our happy place!
Having fun with Mickey!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsMay 2006 - WDW / offsite; May 2008 - WDW, SW, US, IOA / offsite; May 2011 - WDW / off-site; June 2012 - WDW / POR; June 2014 - WDW / AKL ~ Kidani Village
MayraLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:35 AM   #22 (permalink)

Yay, you are on your way!! Sounds like things are mostly going smoothly. I have to admit that I'm giggling a little bit at the thought of you doing a one-legged dance in the airport bathroom while holding a flip flop and trying not to fall over. But I hear you about not wanting to put your bare foot on the floor. Yuck!

My Countdown Counting down to: Spring Break Trip to DLR
Having fun out West!
My Previous TripsDLR Villas at the Grand Californian September 2013 (Half-Marathon Weekend); DLR Villas at the Grand Californian March 2013; BCV/AKL-Jambo September/October 2012; DLR Villas at the Grand Californian February 2012; BCV December 2011; DLR Grand Californian June 2011; POR February 2011; DLR Villas at the Grand Californian September 2010 (half-marathon weekend); BC January 2010 (marathon weekend); WL June 2009; WL January 2006 (marathon weekend); GF January 2001 (marathon weekend); GF May 1999 (honeymoon, including cruise on Disney Magic); and Off Property in August 1997, Summer 1993, Summer 1991, and August 1981 (my first trip!)
shnewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:42 AM   #23 (permalink)
PassPorter Guide

Community Rank:
Legend Extraordinaire

Concierge Level: 6
Great start!!! Glad you landed in Orlando, can't wait for the adventure to start!!
93 days, 4 hours, 35 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW June 1979, WDW 1985, WDW 1987, WDW Oct 2003, WDW March 2004, WDW Oct 2004, WDW Sept 2005--Pop Century , WDW Nov 2006--Pop Century, WDW Jan 2007--Pop Century, WDW Nov/Dec 2009--Pop Century, DLR Oct 2011
KMB733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:56 PM   #24 (permalink)
Community Rank: Scout

Concierge Level: 3
Great start! I don't like my bare feet touching unknown or public bathroom floors either...yuck!

Celebrating as One Big Happy Family Updated 7/28/14
Cruising on a Dream Full of Frights and Friends Completed!
Taking a Break from Life with a Trip to My Happy Place
My Countdown Counting down to: Big Beach Club Family Vacation
Having a Beachy Good Time with Mickey!
My Previous Trips1981 to 1992-Various times and hotels, especially DTD Royal Plaza, 1993-Swan, 1994-CB, 1995- DTD Double Tree, 1996-AS Music, 1997-POR, 1998-GF, 1999-AS Music, 2001-YC, 2001-Off Site, 2002-AS Movie, 2003-AKL, 2003-AS Music, 2004-AKL, 2005-CB, 2006-POR, 2007-SSR, 2008-DCL Wonder/Pop, 2008-SSR, 2009-DCL Magic, 2010-DCL Wonder/BWV, 2010-BCV, 2011-AKLV CL, 2012-BCV, 2012-AKV, 2013-DCL Dream/AKLV
honeybee723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:00 PM   #25 (permalink)

Can't wait to read more!
Old 07-12-2012, 02:45 PM   #26 (permalink)

This sounds like a fun TR. can't wait to hear more!
My Previous TripsWDW 1974 Poly; WDW 1989 off site; WDW 1991 Poly; Poly May 2008; Poly June 2010; Poly August 2012; many trips to Cape Cod
nursemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 03:46 PM   #27 (permalink)
RED SOX NATION!!
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Great start!

Marnie - PassPorter Co-Guide THE FAMILY ROOM , DISNEY WORLD TRIP REPORTS and GLOBETROTTING TRIP REPORTS

The Disneyland, San Diego, and Vegas oh my! Trip Report

The Trip of a Lifetime - Alaska Land and Sea - Trip Report

Non-Creative Title Spring Break Adventures Trip Report

A Whirlwind Trip to Arizona/Utah and the National Parks - UPDATED 9/27!

My Countdown Counting down to: Grand Canyon, Arches, Canyonlands
Hiking around the National Parks
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsAPR '12 - POFQ, JUL '10 - DL, AUG '09 - DCL Western, AUG '08 - POFQ/BC, AUG '06 - AKL/BC/DisneyWonder/Poly, DEC '05 - AKL, APR '05 - AKL/BC, DEC '04 - AKL, MAY '04 - AKL/BC, MAY '03 - WL/BC, MAY '98 -offsite, MAY '94 - BC, AUG '85 - Poly, AUG '83 - Poly, AUG '81 - Poly, JUL '79 - World Inn, JUL '76 - World Inn
Colexis Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 04:15 PM   #28 (permalink)
Community Rank: Legend

Great start! Sorry about the gum stuck on your flip-flop. So gross, why do people think that the ground is a trash can??

My Previous TripsWDW (offsite) Mar. 1988, Former Dixie Landings Resort (Honeymoon) Dec. 1996, OKW Aug. 2006, POR (12th Wedding Anniversary) Dec. 2008
lazanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:10 PM   #29 (permalink)

Concierge Level: 1
Great Start! Can't wait for more!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsDisney Dream 2013 - - ASM and Wilderness Lodge 2011 - - CSR and AKL 2010 - - Hard Rock Hotel 2008
dwonderz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:55 AM   #30 (permalink)
Community Rank: Globetrotter

great start, except for the gum. I'm with you on public restrooms they are all gross. My son uses the stall next to me and then I'll see him down on his hands and knees looking under the wall at me (he is 5). I'm like "get up off the floor it's full of germs" - gross.

Holly
TR: My Consolation Vacation - Wildwood
PTR: Aug 17-31 2014
My Best Trip Ever!
First Disney Cruise
Baltimore Washington Weekend
My Countdown Counting down to: Return trip to the Mouse
362 days, 9 hours, 35 minutes
My Previous TripsWDW '76, '80, '81, '83, '85, '88, '90, '91, '92, '96, '98, '00, '06, '11 England '91, '95, '99, '02, '11, '12 France 2004 Up and Down East Coast of US
mommapants is offline   Reply With Quote