Fifth Trip of First Around the “World” - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Thank you to our forum sponsor:
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Sharing the Adventure: Disney World Trip Reports
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

Forum Sponsor: MouseEarVacations.com
Learn Why PassPorter Recommends This Sponsor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2012, 04:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Community Rank: Trekker

Fifth Trip of First Around the “World”

Here's my FIRST EVER Trip Report-- hope you don't through it LOL
Oct. 23th Arrival

We have been back almost two weeks now and I am rested up from all our trip. Am I ready to go again? You bet but finances aren’t there. You would think 10 days in the world could satisfy a person, right? It took us a week to not feel exhausted but we loved our trip and are so glad to have had so many first time experiences. I wish I could put up pictures but I have not learned how yet plus my computer doesn’t let me a lot of times.(I think it’s getting cranky in it’s old age.) LOL

First, let me thank all you PP folk who so willing gave advice, answered questions and put up with the mistakes of a forum newbie. I can’t tell you how much your advice help me( especially with using a scooter(actually I call it my landspeeder : just keep this in mind later on.) at WDW for the first time to keep from going crazy and keeping my cool when dealing with the crowd.

Wayne(DH), Jeremy(DS) and myself enjoyed our very first stay at the Polynesian ever! There is more later on about the Poly. The trip down(we drove taking a overnight stop in GA.) was fairly uneventful until we got to Atlanta, GA. Where we took a wrong lane and had to find our way back to I-75. We got to our motel around 10 PM(a little later than planned).
Once everyone was up, had breakfast at motel, we headed out to finish our voyage. We come to the Disney Gate with camera ready for a picture. You remember all the signs which say, “No stopping strictly enforced”. Wayne almost plowed into the left side of a public service truck STOPPED AND not quite off the road!!! We get to the Polynesian around 3 and our bags are taken by bell service and I go in to check-in. Online check-in-- Zip and it was done. Wayne went to park the car while I waited for the cast member to bring the waiting scooter to me. Our longhouse was Tokelau with a garden view. It was a limited view but we were not far from the beach where we could sit and see so much. I think I could have spent my time just at the Poly and been totally happy. So relaxing, peaceful and serene. We oriented ourselves to the resort, did some shopping at the Boutiki(found a Hawaiian shirt for my bother who loves them. One Christmas present down already!!) and we ate a quick service meal at Captain Cook’s. Food was good but must agree with DH about Value and Moderate resorts have a bigger selection. We did the 1 TS,1 QS and 1 snack dining plan (paid to upgrade from a free QS and saved $500) but found it was s-o-o-o much food.

Jeremy and I went out to the beach to enjoy the launches and ferries coming from MK. Jeremy went to watch the movie WALLE on the beach until the Electric Light Pageant started at 9.Wayne came out to watch it with us. Jeremy stayed to watch the remaining part of the movie and saw the Hallowishes fireworks from the beach. I would have loved to stay but the day was catching up with me so Wayne and I headed back to the room.
Well, off to bed …
UP NEXT: for tomorrow I shop till I drop at Downtown Disney and Jeremy gets to experience DisneyQuest (for his first time!!!)

Last edited by Pretty Kitty; 11-14-2012 at 09:04 AM..
Pretty Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Batman's Gal/Mickey's Pal
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Concierge Level: 6
Great start!

Meeting my favorite Mouse and he talks!

Scrapbook pages completed in 2014 = 259/350 pages

Our most recent WDW Adventures are here A Spring Adventure: Wilderness, Flowers, and the Force PTR (with Cam and Luke)

Cam22 PassPorter Co-Guide: The Darkroom , Sharing the Adventure: Disney World Trip Reports ,
The Porch , The Library , WDW Touring Plans and Globetrotting: General Trip Reports
My Countdown Counting down to: Fall Trek Home
Heading Home
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsVWL May 2014--SSR October 2013--AKL/Kidani June 2013--CBR October 2012--BWI June 2012--AKV Jambo House/Kidani Village June 2011 -- November 2010 Beach Club -- June 2010 Beach Club -- October 2009 CBR and Gaylord Palms -- June 2009 AKV/Kidani Village -- June 2008 VWL --June 2007 OKW--June 2006 Disney Wonder/SSR -- June 2005 SSR -- June 2004 VWL -- June 2003 AKL -- August 1997 Off Property -- March 1980 Cocoa Beach
Cam22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Community Rank: Explorer

great start

WDW - August 1997 Off Property
WDW - January 2005 AKL
WDW - May 2006 Pop Century
WDW- november-dec 2007 pop century
WDW- dec/jan 2009/2010 pop century
WDW- oct/nov 2012 art of animation
WDW- sept 2013 port Orleans riverside
My Countdown Counting down to: summer fun in disney world
319 days, 9 hours, 32 minutes
My Previous Tripsaug 1997 off site jan 2005 animal kingdom lodger may 2006 pop century dec 2007 pop century dec 2009/jan 2010 pop century 0ct/nov 2012 art of animation resort sept 2013 port Orleans riverside
bsblady01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
Community Rank: Adventurer

Great start
mushu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:02 AM   #5 (permalink)

Nice Start. Looking forward to reading more about the Poly and your whole trip.
shazza is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:32 AM   #6 (permalink)

I think you did well if you managed 10 days before you wanted to go back. We were there in July and bought into DVC. We had points we had to use quickly so while we were there we book Hilton Head Island for February thinking we wouldn't go back so soon and that we needed a quiet holiday after the crazy. Well I was still on the plane when I regretted my decision and wanted to rebook WDW

My Countdown Counting down to: Graeme getting back home to Brisbane
2 days, 3 hours, 2 minutes
Thomhazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
RED SOX NATION!!

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Concierge Level: 7
Great start!

Marnie - PassPorter Co-Guide THE FAMILY ROOM , DISNEY WORLD TRIP REPORTS and GLOBETROTTING TRIP REPORTS

The Disneyland, San Diego, and Vegas oh my! Trip Report

The Trip of a Lifetime - Alaska Land and Sea - Trip Report

Non-Creative Title Spring Break Adventures Trip Report

A Whirlwind Trip to Arizona/Utah and the National Parks - UPDATED 9/27!

My Countdown Counting down to: Grand Canyon, Arches, Canyonlands
Hiking around the National Parks
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsAPR '12 - POFQ, JUL '10 - DL, AUG '09 - DCL Western, AUG '08 - POFQ/BC, AUG '06 - AKL/BC/DisneyWonder/Poly, DEC '05 - AKL, APR '05 - AKL/BC, DEC '04 - AKL, MAY '04 - AKL/BC, MAY '03 - WL/BC, MAY '98 -offsite, MAY '94 - BC, AUG '85 - Poly, AUG '83 - Poly, AUG '81 - Poly, JUL '79 - World Inn, JUL '76 - World Inn
Colexis Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:01 AM   #8 (permalink)
Community Rank: Wayfarer

Concierge Level: 3
Pretty font, really hard to read though
Old 11-14-2012, 09:02 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomhazel View Post
I think you did well if you managed 10 days before you wanted to go back. We were there in July and bought into DVC. We had points we had to use quickly so while we were there we book Hilton Head Island for February thinking we wouldn't go back so soon and that we needed a quiet holiday after the crazy. Well I was still on the plane when I regretted my decision and wanted to rebook WDW
It was actually as I was going through the pictures online that the feeling hit me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yelloweaver View Post
Pretty font, really hard to read though
I'm sorry!! I just realized all my paragraphs are gone. Firmat changed when I cut and pasted. I will lok out for that and change it when I do the next one.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:44 AM   #10 (permalink)

Oct. 24th DTD and DQ

Slept in a little today since stores and DisneyQuest don’t open until 10:30 AM. Today was my first experience getting on the bus system with a scooter. NOTE TO SELF: Slow speed to slowest while waiting for bus to arrive. I will say I think I got the best bunch of Disney bus drivers. They were always willing to help and even gave tips which were very helpful. A few times(2-3) we had to wait for a different bus and usually there was a cast member to help answer any question/ problems. Disney magic we all love at its best!!!

We headed directly over to DQ so we could get Jeremy’s ticket. Still early so we went into DQ gift shop. Jeremy found his keychain and I found some magnets to buy people back home. Jeremy off to do DQ and Wayne and I went to the Marketplace with map and list of stores. Found my bath towels(at World of Disney, of course.) I wanted and since I had enough spent, I bought the Mickey throw(came in handy in room when Sandy came blowing by and dropped the temperature Friday, Oct.26th)

Our lunch stop was Planet Hollywood(one of our 1st time events). It was not as noisy as I had thought by the comments made by some forums and websites. It is not a restaurant to eat at unless you can walk down 2-3 steps(I didn’t see any ramp area.). Loved the décor(we sat near the dress worn by Judy Garland’s Dorothy) and the food. Best ribs I have ever tasted!! Lasagna serving was so large, Wayne couldn’t finish it. Dessert was good(cheesecake was s-o-o-o-o good!!)

More shopping until it was time to get Jeremy and head back to resort. Our plans for the evening involved going into Kissimmee. I was glad to rest before grabbing a quick service at Captain Cook’s. This must have been our trip for taking wrong turns or missing turns. We missed taking a ramp and ended up taking the toll road.

UP NEXT: Oct. 25th Epcot/Future World
Old 11-15-2012, 05:34 PM   #11 (permalink)
RED SOX NATION!!

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Concierge Level: 7
Sounds like a great time at DTD!

Marnie - PassPorter Co-Guide THE FAMILY ROOM , DISNEY WORLD TRIP REPORTS and GLOBETROTTING TRIP REPORTS

The Disneyland, San Diego, and Vegas oh my! Trip Report

The Trip of a Lifetime - Alaska Land and Sea - Trip Report

Non-Creative Title Spring Break Adventures Trip Report

A Whirlwind Trip to Arizona/Utah and the National Parks - UPDATED 9/27!

My Countdown Counting down to: Grand Canyon, Arches, Canyonlands
Hiking around the National Parks
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsAPR '12 - POFQ, JUL '10 - DL, AUG '09 - DCL Western, AUG '08 - POFQ/BC, AUG '06 - AKL/BC/DisneyWonder/Poly, DEC '05 - AKL, APR '05 - AKL/BC, DEC '04 - AKL, MAY '04 - AKL/BC, MAY '03 - WL/BC, MAY '98 -offsite, MAY '94 - BC, AUG '85 - Poly, AUG '83 - Poly, AUG '81 - Poly, JUL '79 - World Inn, JUL '76 - World Inn
Colexis Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:41 PM   #12 (permalink)

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Great update! We did the same thing on our trip, missing our ramp and taking the toll road.

Our most recent WDW Adventures are here A Spring Adventure: Wilderness, Flowers, and the Force PTR (with Cam and Luke)

Cam22 PassPorter Co-Guide: The Darkroom , Sharing the Adventure: Disney World Trip Reports ,
The Porch , The Library , WDW Touring Plans and Globetrotting: General Trip Reports
Heading Home
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsVWL May 2014--SSR October 2013--AKL/Kidani June 2013--CBR October 2012--BWI June 2012--AKV Jambo House/Kidani Village June 2011 -- November 2010 Beach Club -- June 2010 Beach Club -- October 2009 CBR and Gaylord Palms -- June 2009 AKV/Kidani Village -- June 2008 VWL --June 2007 OKW--June 2006 Disney Wonder/SSR -- June 2005 SSR -- June 2004 VWL -- June 2003 AKL -- August 1997 Off Property -- March 1980 Cocoa Beach
Old 11-17-2012, 07:59 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam22 View Post
Great update! We did the same thing on our trip, missing our ramp and taking the toll road.
Should have heard me trying to read the directions coming back since I forgot to print out return ones to the resort!!
Old 11-17-2012, 08:01 PM   #14 (permalink)

Here's the next installment:
Oct. 25th Epcot-- Future World

Now that Jeremy had experienced DQ, the next BIG day was today: MNSSHP TONIGHT!!!( I have saved that for later though) First, we head to Epcot—FutureWorld. This means I would ride the monorail instead of a bus(so much easier to do). Our plan was to leave directly after lunch so we could rest for our late night. The first thing was to head to Soarin’ but the line was already at 40 minutes and FP was during our lunch or too late in the day already so we passed for today.

We headed over to the Land and did the boat ride; then to the Seas(Clammobiles were down so we didn’t get on that ride today). This trip we had more rides that were down(not for refurbishment) than any other time. Next, we went to Journey into Your Imagination(LOVED the new show. Made more sense to me that the previous one.), Spaceship Earth(after lunch)

Our lunch was at Le Cellier.( another first for us) I am so saddened that I have never tried it before now, missed out on a good restaurant as well as it is now a signature restaurant. Jeremy wanted the fried shrimp(appetizer) as his entrée but since we were on the dining plan it wasn’t allowed. Next time we go to WDW, I think we will OOP with a gift card and order what we want. I would have liked to try the cheese soup but passed as it was an appetizer. My filet mignon was s-o-o-o-o tender and the rice with cheese was good as well. We decided to check out Canada, did the movie and look in shops after lunch. Then looked in Innoventions, did Spaceship Earth and a trip to Epcot isn’t complete without going to Club Cool(Coco Cola drinks around the World). I had to have Jeremy try Italy’s drink Beverly without him reading the signs so I got it for him. Here is where having a picture is worth a thousand words. He stuck out his tongue very quickly and said “they really drink this stuff.” YUCK!!! I had the watermelon drink ready for him to wash the taste out.

It ended up being later than we expected to get away from Epcot since we wanted to rest before heading to MK for MNSSHP. We got a shorter rest than expected.

UP NEXT: Oct. 25th MNSSHP
Old 11-17-2012, 10:29 PM   #15 (permalink)

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Great time at Epcot, except for the rides that were down. Wonder why so many problems while you all were there?

Heading Home
My PassPorter Bookshelf