Solo-on-a-Scooter Live at WDW 11/26/12-12/12/12 - Page 2 - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Thank you to our forum sponsor:
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Sharing the Adventure: Disney World Trip Reports
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

Forum Sponsor: MouseEarVacations.com
Learn Why PassPorter Recommends This Sponsor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2012, 01:08 AM   #16 (permalink)

Concierge Level: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Principessa_di_Fata View Post
Oh I love your TR's! I so look forward to enjoying your trip along with you! At one point I will fall behind while I am away, but when I come back it will be so fun to catch up on many updates at once!

One day our paths will cross at WDW (or in Boston!) and I look forward to it! Until then, I'll live vicariously through your TR's!!!
I know one day we'll meet-- somewhere!! I'll peep in on your cruise report while I'm in Florida.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
Hehe. 17 days! Quite a trip, Laurie! I am looking forward to the live updates. Missed you by just a couple o' weeks!

Posted from Passporterboards.com App for Android
Thanks, Kenny! When did you sneak another trip in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezp View Post
17 days - very cool! Mind you, I think this trip, we beat you just slightly...

I love reading your trip reports and as soon as I knew we'd be there at the same time, I knew what I wanted to do with you - spend time with you in Animal Kingdom seeing some of those animal operations, as that's the bit I love reading about.

You also forgot a couple of ADRs I made for us - Yak and Yeti and 'Ohana from memory...
No way I can beat you on long vacations! I definitely did not forget the two ADRs you made-- can't wait. See you soon at AK!

My Previous TripsMost recent WDW trip 2/14; Most recent DLR trip 7/12; Most recent DCL trip 7/12 Alaska Wonder
lauriep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:15 AM   #17 (permalink)
Community Rank: Jetsetter

Oh yay, you've started! You KNOW I love to read your live TRs! I can't wait to follow along on this trip.

17 days! What fun! Well, until I can make it back to WDW, I'll be living vicariously through you! I'm looking forward to hearing about all the animals. I'm sure you'll be seeing some interesting procedures!

I can't wait to hear about the food, too! By the way, I finally tried the Lucky Fortune Cookery QS at DCA...it wasn't so great. I had the tofu rice bowl with mandarin orange sauce. I wasn't very impressed. Sophia had the beef teriyaki...only slightly better, lol! Anyhow, I'm sure you'll be trying some much better eats on your trip!

Follow along on my trip to Hawaii here!
My Countdown Counting down to: Hopefully My 2nd Ever WDW Trip!
My Previous TripsWDW Jan 2009 Offsite at HGVC then Beach Club; not listing DLR...I don't think I can count that high!
Dlandmom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:16 AM   #18 (permalink)
RED SOX NATION!!
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Concierge Level: 7
Great start Laurie!

Marnie - PassPorter Co-Guide THE FAMILY ROOM , DISNEY WORLD TRIP REPORTS and GLOBETROTTING TRIP REPORTS

The Disneyland, San Diego, and Vegas oh my! Trip Report

The Trip of a Lifetime - Alaska Land and Sea - Trip Report

Non-Creative Title Spring Break Adventures Trip Report

A Whirlwind Trip to Arizona/Utah and the National Parks - UPDATED 9/27!

My Countdown Counting down to: Grand Canyon, Arches, Canyonlands
Hiking around the National Parks
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsAPR '12 - POFQ, JUL '10 - DL, AUG '09 - DCL Western, AUG '08 - POFQ/BC, AUG '06 - AKL/BC/DisneyWonder/Poly, DEC '05 - AKL, APR '05 - AKL/BC, DEC '04 - AKL, MAY '04 - AKL/BC, MAY '03 - WL/BC, MAY '98 -offsite, MAY '94 - BC, AUG '85 - Poly, AUG '83 - Poly, AUG '81 - Poly, JUL '79 - World Inn, JUL '76 - World Inn
Colexis Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:03 AM   #19 (permalink)

What's this?

Community Rank: Globetrotter

Sounds like a wonderful plan, Laurie. Like others have said, I really enjoy reading about your AK adventures, and everything else. Hope to catch you while we are there at the same time - although my measly 2 nights does not compare to 17!
shazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:32 AM   #20 (permalink)

What's this?

Community Rank: Globetrotter

Laurie, "...snuck in" is definitely the right term! We were in the World for a few days the first part of Nov. I'm working on a TR, but it was a quick, low budget trip so there's not much to write about. We switched scooter stores to "Buena Vista" because "Walker" is not on Disney's "Preferred" list and could not conveniently drop off the scooter.
Anyway, this should be a lot of fun with all the meets you've planned!

WDW Sep 2013

Read about our latest trip: In Search Of... (a trip report)
One Blessed Man
: Kenny

My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsPort Orleans/Riverside Sept 05, Port Orleans/French Quarter Oct '08, DCL Western Caribbean Oct '08, AKL July 2011, Coronado Springs Nov '12
Kenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:16 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlandmom2 View Post
Oh yay, you've started! You KNOW I love to read your live TRs! I can't wait to follow along on this trip.

17 days! What fun! Well, until I can make it back to WDW, I'll be living vicariously through you! I'm looking forward to hearing about all the animals. I'm sure you'll be seeing some interesting procedures!

I can't wait to hear about the food, too! By the way, I finally tried the Lucky Fortune Cookery QS at DCA...it wasn't so great. I had the tofu rice bowl with mandarin orange sauce. I wasn't very impressed. Sophia had the beef teriyaki...only slightly better, lol! Anyhow, I'm sure you'll be trying some much better eats on your trip!
I hope my luck with meals will be a lot better, but thanks for trying the veggie option for me! As hard as you're working, I do believe you'll make it back to WDW soon but at least you have DLR in your backyard in the meantime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colexis Mom View Post
Great start Laurie!
Thanks, Marnie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazza View Post
Sounds like a wonderful plan, Laurie. Like others have said, I really enjoy reading about your AK adventures, and everything else. Hope to catch you while we are there at the same time - although my measly 2 nights does not compare to 17!
That's ok, Sharon-- you've traveled much more than I have this year! Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
Laurie, "...snuck in" is definitely the right term! We were in the World for a few days the first part of Nov. I'm working on a TR, but it was a quick, low budget trip so there's not much to write about. We switched scooter stores to "Buena Vista" because "Walker" is not on Disney's "Preferred" list and could not conveniently drop off the scooter.
Anyway, this should be a lot of fun with all the meets you've planned!

I was so sad for Walker that they didn't get on the preferred list as I'm sure this will hurt their business. I hope Buena Vista worked out for Brenda. Hope you do get the trip report up soon.

My Previous TripsMost recent WDW trip 2/14; Most recent DLR trip 7/12; Most recent DCL trip 7/12 Alaska Wonder
Old 11-20-2012, 09:00 AM   #22 (permalink)

I love your TR Laurie! 17 days!!!!! I am very jealous! Can't wait to hear all about your adventures.
My Previous TripsWDW 1992, ASMOV May 2005, POR Dec 2006, ASMOV Jan 2009, POP Oct 2009, OKW April 2010, POR Oct 2013
mpwife153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:15 AM   #23 (permalink)
Community Rank: Scout

Concierge Level: 3
17 days!! WOW! I'm a little jealous, but completely happy for you, you are going to have a wonderful trip I love following you along on your trips, and now I'll get to spend 17 days at Disney with you, even if it is from the comfort of my computer! Don't ever think you are going to bore us with your TR, we love them!

My first TR:A Very Merry SurpriseHere we go again: Goin' Down the Bayou Our Anniversary Trip: Happy 10 Years

My Countdown Counting down to: Our Second Cruise
239 days, 20 hours, 18 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsYearly trips to WDW as a child with my family (1982 - 1989), WDW/Universal 1992, Senior Class Trip to WDW June 1994, WDW 2001, First Family Trip with my girls 2009, First MNSSHP October 2010, First MVMCP November 2011, POR November 2012, POR and our first cruise on the Dream August 2013
JKnott17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:41 AM   #24 (permalink)
Community Rank: Scout

Great start! I love your TR's! My first trip was also in 1989 .

April 2012
My Countdown Counting down to: Spring Break 2013
checking out the new Fantasyland!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsMarch 1989 - offsite; April/May 2002 - Coronado Springs; March 2003 - All Star Movies; May 2003 - offsite; July 2003 - Port Orleans Riverside; April/May 2006 - Port Orleans Riverside; September 2007 - All Star Sports; August/September 2008 - All Star Movies and Pop Century; June 2009 - Pop Century; August 2010 - All Star Sports & Disney Wonder; June 2011 - All Star Music; April 2012 - Disney Fantasy
pamcarey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:25 PM   #25 (permalink)

What's this?

Community Rank: Trailblazer

I will most definitely be hooked on your report! Our two favorite parks are Animal Kingdom and Epcot. We spend plenty of time at Rafiki's...one of our favorite places to hang out.

My Countdown Counting down to: Sailing on the Disney Dream!
44 days, 6 hours, 18 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsOKW Jan 2013; DCL Dream Oct 2012; POR July 2012; DCL Magic May 2012; POFQ Mar 2012; POFQ Jan 2012; WL Dec 2011; WL Sep/Oct 2011; BC Sept 2011; WL Dec 2010; DCL Magic Nov/Dec 2010; WL Jun 2010; WL Dec 2009; DCL Wonder Oct 2009; WL June 2009; VB June 2009; POR Feb 2009; YC Dec 2008; FWCabin Oct 2008; WL June 2008; DCL Wonder May 2008; AKL May 2008; Poly Feb 2008; Poly Dec 2007; WL Nov 2007; CSR Oct 2007; Poly Sept 2007; WL Sept 2007; YC July 2007; BWI July 2007 (twice!); YC June 2007; WL Mar 2007; YC Dec 2006; WL Sept 2006; YC July 2006; WL Feb 2006; Pop Aug 2005; WL June 2005; WL Oct 2004; WL Dec 2003; YC Nov 2003; WL Aug 2003; BC Aug 2003; WL July 2003; POR Apr 2003; BC Feb 2003; BC May 2002; CBR Feb 2002; ASSp Sept 2001; FW Cabin July 2001; CBR May 2001; OKW Apr 2001; CBR Nov 2000; CSR Oct 2000; OKW Aug 2000; DCL Magic Feb 2000; BC July 1999; CBR Aug 1998; ASM June 1998; CR Jan 1996; DL Feb 1990
iloverags2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:12 PM   #26 (permalink)

Laurie, we'll be in WDW next week - if I see you I'll be sure to say hello.

My Previous Trips21 past trips to WDW, beginning with my first trip in 1981. Most recent trip - Nov 2012 POR.
Mouseketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:29 PM   #27 (permalink)

Wow 17 days wonderful. We normally go for between 16 and 18 nights but are doing an 8 night trip in February and I'm sure it won't feel right coming home so soon.

Looking forward to reading your Animal Kingdom adventures as it is the one park we really have never made the most of. We need to change that next year.

Have a wonderful trip

My Countdown Counting down to: Sneaky extra trip home to Scotland
13 days, 3 hours, 48 minutes
Thomhazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:31 PM   #28 (permalink)

Yes...So happy that I found your report before you leave. I love your live reports, but feel bad commenting on them after the fact.

Enjoy your trip.
My Countdown Counting down to: Long Weekend #2 I blame the pins
Next Visit?
My Previous TripsWDW July 1974, Childhood trip date Unknown, May 1994, July 1996, September 2003, Sept/October 2006, January 2007, December 2008, Sept/October 2008,April 2010, Sept 2013, March 2014, September 2014
Hugmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:45 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpwife153 View Post
I love your TR Laurie! 17 days!!!!! I am very jealous! Can't wait to hear all about your adventures.
Thanks! I'm going to savor every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKnott17 View Post
17 days!! WOW! I'm a little jealous, but completely happy for you, you are going to have a wonderful trip I love following you along on your trips, and now I'll get to spend 17 days at Disney with you, even if it is from the comfort of my computer! Don't ever think you are going to bore us with your TR, we love them!
Thank you, Jenn. I'm enjoying your TR now. 10 days is pretty darn good, with jobs and school to consider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamcarey View Post
Great start! I love your TR's! My first trip was also in 1989 .
Thanks for signing on. 1989 was a good year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloverags2 View Post
I will most definitely be hooked on your report! Our two favorite parks are Animal Kingdom and Epcot. We spend plenty of time at Rafiki's...one of our favorite places to hang out.
Hi, Cindy! Nice to have another Rafiki fan aboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouseketeer View Post
Laurie, we'll be in WDW next week - if I see you I'll be sure to say hello.
Please do! I'll look for you as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomhazel View Post
Wow 17 days wonderful. We normally go for between 16 and 18 nights but are doing an 8 night trip in February and I'm sure it won't feel right coming home so soon.

Looking forward to reading your Animal Kingdom adventures as it is the one park we really have never made the most of. We need to change that next year.

Have a wonderful trip
It never seems to be quite enough time. I like to unpack and pretend I live there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugmonster View Post
Yes...So happy that I found your report before you leave. I love your live reports, but feel bad commenting on them after the fact.

Enjoy your trip.
During or after, comments are always welcome!

Old 11-20-2012, 06:25 PM   #30 (permalink)

update 11/20/12

Today I finally got around to doing on-line check-in, so thatís set. Aside from being excited to meet some of my favorite PassPorters, Iíve been having an uncharacteristically hard time getting enthused about this trip. I know itíll be great, and that Iíll have a big grin on my face as soon as I land on property, but somehow it doesnít seem real even now. I think itís partly because my mother is in a nursing home and, even though Iím not sure she really recognizes me any more, itís difficult to be away this long. I have friends who will visit her while Iím gone, but stillÖ. Also, and this is a much happier reason, Iím going to South Africa in March and my enthusiasm has been directed to anticipating that trip to such an extent that this ďlittle jauntĒ to Florida got lost in the kerfluffle. I have no problem planning multiple trips, but it seems I can only fall in love with one destination at a time! So, Africa is on hold for now. Iíve got to get out the suitcase and get REAL for WDW.