A 40th celebration to end the world! PHOTOS ADDED 1/1 - Page 2 - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Thank you to our forum sponsor:
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Sharing the Adventure: Disney World Trip Reports
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

Forum Sponsor: MouseEarVacations.com
Learn Why PassPorter Recommends This Sponsor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2012, 12:40 PM   #16 (permalink)
PassPorter Message Board Manager

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Concierge Level: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovedisney247 View Post
Oh no! I know what's coming next and I'm still upset!
Oh don't be...

Enjoying time in beautiful Verona on our Italy road trip. The trip reports for our cruise on the Magic around Greece and Turkey and a day out in Paris are now complete.

I'm Cheryl and I'm the author of PassPorter's Walt Disney World for British Holidaymakers and the co-author of PassPorter's Disney Vacation Club Guide I'm also one of the PassPorter guides for the Disney Vacation Club, Eateries, Globetrotting, Globetrotting Trip Reports, Disneyland Resort Paris and Disneyland Trip Reports forums.
My Countdown Counting down to: Our wedding anniversary
11 days, 5 hours, 7 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsDisney: 17 trips to WDW, 5 to Disneyland in California, 7 to Disneyland Paris, 1 to Hong Kong Disneyland, 1 to Tokyo Disney, 1 to Aulani, 1 to Hilton Head, 2 to Vero Beach and 6 Disney cruises on the Magic, Wonder, Dream and Fantasy to the Caribbean (three times), Alaska (once) and the Mediterranean (twice). Non-Disney (because otherwise I can't keep track...): American cities (Boston, Chicago, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, San Diego, San Francisco, Washington DC), American National Parks (Arches, Bryce Canyon, Canyonlands, Death Valley, Everglades, Grand Canyon, Grand Tetons, Virgin Islands, Yellowstone, Yosemite, Zion), Hawaii (Oahu, Kauai, Maui and Big Island) and Europe (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Ireland, France, Spain (including Tenerife, Lanzarote and Mallorca), Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Austria, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Monaco, Finland, Norway and Sweden)
chezp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:42 PM   #17 (permalink)

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumieregirl View Post
Yay! I'm excited for another Cheryl TR. I must say when I first saw the title, I was thinking "goodgrief she is being a bit dramatic", but now that I've read the reasoning about the Mayans, I find it quite clever . And I've even had a bit of learning this morning as I was unaware the world had already ended. That takes a bit of pressure off my long to-do list .[-
I love your calm reaction!

Quote:
I love how you are using in one vacation as much vacation time as I get for a whole year, plus some . Will you please talk America into some British vacation allowances? Thanks
... or you guys could come over here... 20 days is the basic entitlement, but usually it's 25 days or more. I started my new job in April with 25 days, which was fine, but a bit of a shame, as I was up to 30 at my previous place... just saying!

Enjoying time in beautiful Verona on our Italy road trip. The trip reports for our cruise on the Magic around Greece and Turkey and a day out in Paris are now complete.

I'm Cheryl and I'm the author of PassPorter's Walt Disney World for British Holidaymakers and the co-author of PassPorter's Disney Vacation Club Guide I'm also one of the PassPorter guides for the Disney Vacation Club, Eateries, Globetrotting, Globetrotting Trip Reports, Disneyland Resort Paris and Disneyland Trip Reports forums.
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsDisney: 17 trips to WDW, 5 to Disneyland in California, 7 to Disneyland Paris, 1 to Hong Kong Disneyland, 1 to Tokyo Disney, 1 to Aulani, 1 to Hilton Head, 2 to Vero Beach and 6 Disney cruises on the Magic, Wonder, Dream and Fantasy to the Caribbean (three times), Alaska (once) and the Mediterranean (twice). Non-Disney (because otherwise I can't keep track...): American cities (Boston, Chicago, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, San Diego, San Francisco, Washington DC), American National Parks (Arches, Bryce Canyon, Canyonlands, Death Valley, Everglades, Grand Canyon, Grand Tetons, Virgin Islands, Yellowstone, Yosemite, Zion), Hawaii (Oahu, Kauai, Maui and Big Island) and Europe (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Ireland, France, Spain (including Tenerife, Lanzarote and Mallorca), Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Austria, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Monaco, Finland, Norway and Sweden)
Old 11-20-2012, 12:42 PM   #18 (permalink)

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazza View Post
Can't think of a better way to celebrate a milestone birthday (although you will still be a youngster!).
Why thank you!

My PassPorter Bookshelf
Old 11-20-2012, 12:43 PM   #19 (permalink)

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauriep View Post
Yay! We both started our TRs at the same time!
Great minds think alike!

Quote:
I remember hearing about the Mayan Calendar a while ago, when they figured the world was supposed to end. Sure glad they were wrong, as I have a few things to cross off my bucket list yet! Your stateroom location sounds perfect and I can't wait to hear your descriptions of the Fantasy and see the photos. After this trip you will have sailed on all four of the DCL ships!
I know - another ambition realised. It'll be interesting to see which of the four is our favourite....

My PassPorter Bookshelf
Old 11-20-2012, 12:46 PM   #20 (permalink)

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_Athena View Post
Yay!!! I think I was going slightly bonkers without a TR from you!
Hopefully with our plans for next year, it'll be a while before you're without a trip report from me again... I don't know if that's a threat or a promise though...

Quote:
I can't believe you are traveling for almost a month! I only wish we could get that much time off.
It would've been just a couple of weeks off, as when we booked this, we both had Christmas shutdowns from Christmas Day to New Year's Day, which helps, but in my new job, I don't, so I'm using up a lot more vacation now...

My PassPorter Bookshelf
Old 11-20-2012, 12:46 PM   #21 (permalink)

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tig&Poo View Post
Looking forward to your trip report. We sail the week before you and are also excited about San Juan Puerto Rico.
I look forward to hearing about what you think of it.

My PassPorter Bookshelf
Old 11-20-2012, 12:47 PM   #22 (permalink)

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
Such a trip! I'm going to love following along on this one! Your stateroom sounds like a good one, and what a coup for Heather to get so close!
So... where to spend your final week, then.........
Now there's a dilemma that you'll find out more about in the next instalment...

My PassPorter Bookshelf
Old 11-20-2012, 12:48 PM   #23 (permalink)

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayraLR View Post
Great start! So excited that you get to visit my home, Puerto Rico!
I'm assuming you're nowhere near San Juan, otherwise I'd say drop past and say hello!

My PassPorter Bookshelf
Old 11-20-2012, 12:58 PM   #24 (permalink)
Community Rank: Jetsetter

I LOVE the title of this TR Hillarious.

I am sooo looking forward to this TR because that is exactly what we plan on doing for my 40th too, in 2014. Seven night Fantasy and the same itinerary, but I don't remember Puerto Rico on the cruise we want.
ANyway, I think this is just an exciting trip and I can't wait for it to get here for you and Mark oh and us too

MY CRUISE PTR

My Countdown Counting down to:
My Previous TripsMany as a kid in the early 80's all at the Poly, GRAD NITE 92, offsite in 96 and 2005, CBR May 2007, Poly Dec.2008, GF Dec.2009, Poly Oct. 2010, BC/DCL DREAM/AKL Oct.2011,POR RGR May2012, Poly Sep 2012, BC/CL May 2013
Linnynad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:00 PM   #25 (permalink)
Community Rank: Globetrotter

YAY! I've been waiting for this TR Your plans sound fabulous so far! Glad you were able to snag such a great room location and dining time! My DH and I are taking a cruise with Royal Caribbean next May but my dream is to save up to take my family on the Disney Dream or Fantasy! Can't wait for more. Sounds like the perfect birthday celebration to me!

My Previous Trips1975 Off-site, 1982 Poly, 1985 CR, 1987 Poly, 1988 Off-site, 1990 Off-site, 1992 - 2013 CBR, CR, POFQ, ASM ,WL, YC, BW, OKW, GF, POP
lindawdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:02 PM   #26 (permalink)
PassPorter Guide

Community Rank: Explorer

Concierge Level: 7
I've fallen way behind on reading your TRs, but I can't stay away from this one as I know it will be FABULOUS! Can't wait to read more!
My Countdown Counting down to: Reaching New Heights
we're in our happy place!
My Previous TripsDVC members at AKV since 4/08 WDW Visits: 5/04 - 5/05 - 6/07 - CBR; 11/06 - AKL; 10/08 - SSR ; 12/09 - BCV; 6/09 - 8/10 - 9/11 - AKV club level; 5-6/12 - AKV; 9/12 - BWV; DCL - 10/13 - Dream
OhToodles! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:24 PM   #27 (permalink)
Community Rank: Globetrotter

great start - looking forward to reading all the planning details.

Holly
TR: My Consolation Vacation - Wildwood
PTR: Aug 17-31 2014
My Best Trip Ever!
First Disney Cruise
Baltimore Washington Weekend
My Countdown Counting down to: Return trip to the Mouse
305 days, 21 hours, 7 minutes
My Previous TripsWDW '76, '80, '81, '83, '85, '88, '90, '91, '92, '96, '98, '00, '06, '11 England '91, '95, '99, '02, '11, '12 France 2004 Up and Down East Coast of US
mommapants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:42 PM   #28 (permalink)
Community Rank:
Legend Extraordinaire

Great start. Looking forward to the next installment
My Previous Trips2014 BWI, 2013 BC, 2013 GF, 2012 BC, 2012 OKW, 2012 BWI, 2011 BWI, 2011 BC, 2010 BC, 2010 CSR, 2010 Kidani, 2009 GCV, 2009 BC, 2008 BWV, 2008 Grand Californian, 2008 BC, 2007 BWI, 2007 POFQ, 2007 Grand Californian, 2006 BC, 2006 POR, 2006 WL, 2005 BC, 2005 BWI, 2005 CBR, 2004 CR, 2005 Poly, 2004 GF, 2004 POFQ 2004 Poly, 2003 Poly, 2003 CSR, 2003 POR, 2002 AKL, 2002 GF, 2001 AKL, 2001 Poly, 2000 CBR, 1999 CBR, 1998 ASMo, 1997 ASMu, 1996 ASMu, 1995 ASSp, 1991 Wyndham, 1989 off site, 1985 Off Site
jimmymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:58 PM   #29 (permalink)
Community Rank: Trekker

it's begun ! Sounds like a fabulous LONG holiday. I can say from experience that a Disney vacation does take the sting out of being 40. Looking forward to more details.

Reunion with Snowbirds 2012
http://www.passporterboards.com/foru...snowbirds.html
My Countdown Counting down to: September 2009 Western Caribbean Cruise
We're off to our Magical 1st cruise
My Previous Tripswdw April 2005 POFQ, April 2007 Pop Century, September 2008 CBR, Feb 2010 AKL, CSR Dec 2012
rlb38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:06 PM   #30 (permalink)

Concierge Level: 6
Ok, I've been waiting and watching for this Pre-TR and wouldn't you know it, I missed the start and am already 2 pages behind! But, got caught up and now am ready to hear more! Hoping what Heather said doesn't mean sadness for any of you!

Ok, look pretty! Oh no, wait!!!

Fall Festival Fun with Friends!

Eagles, and Whales, and Bears - Oh My!!
My Countdown Counting down to: Two whole weeks with my favorite character - oh and Mickey too!
Lovin' this trip!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsTreehouse Villas 1987, All Star Sports 2000, Coronado Springs 2002, POR 2003, 2004 x 2, 2005 x 3, 2006 x2, 2007 x 3, 2008 x 2, 2009 May Flower and Garden, Sept DD Bday, Dec PPfest! 2010 Sept Bounceback with DH, Dec SSR with Kids/grandkids!!!, 2011 Alaska cruise, Thanksgiving with Mickey!, 2012 Poconos, Cruisin' and NYC, Birthday in the Bubble, 2 whole weeks in the bubble Sept 2013
Grammy Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote