The "Last Minute (...No, I MEAN Last Minute) Trip" (Nov 5-12, 2012) - Page 2 - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Thank you to our forum sponsor:
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Sharing the Adventure: Disney World Trip Reports
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

Forum Sponsor: MouseEarVacations.com
Learn Why PassPorter Recommends This Sponsor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 11:16 PM   #16 (permalink)
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

Community Rank: Globetrotter

Concierge Level: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by shazza View Post
Wow - this is a last minute trip. Sometimes those are the best, so hope you had a great time. Looking forward to hearing the story.
Thanks, Sharon! Yes, we had a good time, but... there is more to the story...
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlb38 View Post
Kenny,
I'm glad you decided to a TR after all ! Looking forward to more....
Roberta! I think you were a major reason that I decided to do this. After I read your PM, I guess I decided there might be enough to write about. There isn't much to write about, but I will try to make it fun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by num1DVCfan View Post
Looking forward to hearing more. Last minute trips are exciting, I hope everything played out in your favor!
Jenny... this trip WAS, if nothing else, exciting!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colexis Mom View Post
Great start Kenny!
Thanks, Marnie! I'm glad you've come along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhToodles! View Post
yay! Great start Kenny! That was a last minute trip! I thought I'd missed something when I saw you were there, but I guess not so much.
Kelly! Glad you could make it! This trip was so last minute, we weren't sure we were going till we got out on U.S. 35 and headed South!!! You didn't miss anything!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpwife153 View Post
I was surprised when you posted on FB you were in WDW. Looking forward to hearing the whole story!
Surprise, Heather!! And it is quite a story... I think!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chezp View Post
Definitely a last minute trip, but it sounds great. I'm so glad you were able to make it happen.
Thanks, Cheryl! It was a good trip, even if it was short and cheap!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomhazel View Post
A last minute trip sounds really fun. have a great time
We did have fun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKnott17 View Post
Great start! I'm glad you were finally able to make the trip work after all of that back and forth in the beginning.
Thanks, Jenn... and we're not done with the "back and forth"!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam22 View Post
Excellent planning and budgeting at the "last minute!" I really glad for you all that you've been able to squeeze a trip in!
Thanks, Cam! I don't know about the planning, but my DW is a master budgeter! I only regret we didn't make it to AK to see Stefanie Giraffe, but next year we should have more time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Principessa_di_Fata View Post
Last minute trips are so fun! I'm glad that it managed to work out - and I look forward to hearing about what changed and what stayed the same!
Well, Melanie... some changed... and some stayed the same!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlhill4444 View Post
So much fun!! I am along for the ride!!
Welcome, Julia!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugmonster View Post
Glad you could make it work.
Thanks, me, too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauriep View Post
Glad you got to go and glad you decided to write it up for us! I can't believe you didn't hurt your back with that fall. You must have landed just right. Maybe you missed your calling as a stunt man.
Laurie! Good to see you here! I thought I was hurt really bad, but I have managed to keep going, so far...

WDW Sep 2013

Read about our latest trip: In Search Of... (a trip report)
One Blessed Man
: Kenny

My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsPort Orleans/Riverside Sept 05, Port Orleans/French Quarter Oct '08, DCL Western Caribbean Oct '08, AKL July 2011, Coronado Springs Nov '12
Kenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:44 AM   #17 (permalink)

What's this?

The "Last Minute (...No, I MEAN Last Minute) Trip" (Nov 5-12, 2012), Updated 12/01/2012

On The Road... On Time???
We really started packing on Sunday, the 4th... the day before we were to leave. I still hadn't found a room for Monday night. I got on-line and checked my hotel points and if we shopped wisely, we could get 2 Best Western hotels. One going and one coming home. I could not get one in Orangeburg, SC for the first night. They were either sold out or I didn't have enough points. I was able to get one in Columbia, SC for Monday night, though. I checked it out, Best Westerns can be OK to beautiful. This one looked to be somewhere in the middle, so I booked it. That would be about 450 miles on Monday and Tuesday, not too bad. I decided to wait to book the other night on the way home. By Sunday night, we were mostly packed and most of the arrangements had been made.

Mon Nov 5, 2012
Let me just say this right here. We are NOT morning people! We will probably NEVER be accused of being present at "Rope Drop"! We do what we have to do, but when we don't HAVE to... usually we don't! Did you know that 4 a.m. is only 4 hours from midnight? Yep, that's right! Only 4 hours!! But I got up, and Brenda made it up, too, and we were out the door about 5:50 a.m. and got to the clinic on time! After dropping Brenda off, I went to the Wal-Mart parking lot and took a little nap before I went in and made the purchases I needed before we could leave. I gassed up on the way out of the parking lot (we have a Wal-Mart CC for gas so we can save 15 cents a gallon). We would be trying to gas at Wal-Mart the whole trip (and we did, except for one time when we couldn't find one!). I went on home and did the last of the laundry, took Katie to the kennel,

Katie, aka "The Big Dog" (blurry, sorry)

finished packing the car, grabbed Tia

Tia, (short for Tequila ... she is such a "Licker!")

and headed back into town. I had to stop the mail, deposit a couple of checks and get some cash and then get back to the clinic to pick up Brenda. She only had to wait about 5 minutes. We went to the Water company and paid that bill, then took Tia to Mom's.

Mom, Tia , and her chihuahua, Princess

Goodbyes said, we were finally on our way! Almost on time!

I think we went through McDonald's drive-thru for breakfast. Then we were finally on the road. Soon we were crossing into West Virginia.

Crossing the Ohio River into West, By God, Virginia.

After passing through Charleston, we began to see the snow as we climbed further into the mountains. After Hurricane Sandy ravaged the East Coast, an early winter storm left a few inches of snow in the West Virginia mountains, but it had mostly melted by that time and we only saw it on the ground, not the road.

In Princeton, WV, we stopped at Lowes and sat in the parking lot and had "Lunch At Lowes"! Brenda had made some delicious tuna salad sandwiches and we had some Baked Lays Potato Chips to go with them.

Lunch eaten, we got back on the road and soon were crossing into Virginia. Coming down the last mountain in Virginia, we stopped at Wendy's, in Hillsville, VA for a Frosty before crossing into North Carolina!

We got caught in rush hour traffic in Charlotte, NC. Brenda texted Scott to let them know we were in town. They had the house torn apart trying to get packed to leave tomorrow. we scared them thinking we were going to stop by, but we didn't want to get to our room too late and we still had a hundred miles to go.

We did make it through Charlotte and into South Carolina. We were needing gas by now so we stopped and filled up Just below Charlotte, in Fort Mill, SC. We went the old way into Columbia, turning west onto I-20, then south onto I-26, took the first exit and we were at the Best Western Motel. I checked us in and we went in search of food. We came across a Fuddrucker's and decided to try it. Neither of us could remember eating at Fuddruckers, though we had seen them most of our lives. I thought they were just a good hamburger place, so was surprised to see their menu. Brenda had a steak sandwich and a fruitcup, I had a cheese dog and BBQ beans. Each of us had a small bottle of white zinfandal. We really enjoyed it a lot. After dinner we were back in the room about 9:30 and called it a night.

Tue Nov 6, 2012
Tuesday morning we had breakfast at the motel. They had the usual cereal, pastries, scrambled eggs and sausage, juice, coffee, tea, and waffles, and biscuits and gravy. It wasn't bad and we left there satisfied, I think about 10:00.

We were making pretty good time and our Dodge Avenger was getting 32-33 mpg. I was quite happy with that as it is a 6 cylinder and was only rated at 28 mpg. Soon, we were merging onto I-95 South

Merging onto the "racetrack"

and not long after that, crossing into Georgia. We were, by now, getting a bit hungry. As we were passing Savannah, I had dreams of Paula Dean's and "Shrimp And Grits", but we had no time or money to stop there. Just below Savannah, we felt the need to "Crack-the-Barrel", so we stopped at Cracker Barrel and had one of the worst meals at Cracker Barrel we have ever had. Both of our meals were just warm enough that we didn't send them back (should have, but we didn't want to spend the time).

Soon we were back on the NASCAR race track that is I-95 trying to miss the other million and a half trucks and cars in our general vicinity. As we neared the Florida line, it was time to find a "pit-stop" for fuel and refreshment, so we took the St Mary's, Ga exit, right on the Florida line. We found the Murphy USA at the Wal-Mart about 2 miles off exit #3. On the way back to the highway we stopped at a Dunkin' Donuts to satisfy our urge for caffeine... and sugar!

Inside, we ordered coffees and donuts and a box of Munchkins. Do you know they have red velvet Munchkins?! I get my coffee black and Brenda takes hers with 3 creams, no sugar. As the server was getting her coffee, Brenda asked her what you get in that area if you order a "regular" coffee, like, in Boston it's 3 sugars and 3 creams. The girl wasn't too sure but said something like, 3 creams and 2 sugars. I said there is no "regular" coffee in the South, you just order what you want, but I had noticed our server had a New England accent and Brenda asked her where she was from. She said Rhode Island! So, of course, being from RI, Brenda asked her where in RI? When she said Woonsocket, it was like old home week! That is where Brenda grew up, too. They went to the same school, though she was 7 years behind Brenda. Brenda knew of some of the girl's relatives, well, their businesses anyway. So, we had a little Magic on our trip to Disney, and it didn't stop there!
Fueled and fed we got back on the road and crossed into Florida. Before long we were merging onto I-4 and then passing the first WDW signs!
I think we arrived at Coronado Springs Resort at about 7:00pm.

I parked in the 30 minute zone and we went inside to check in.

Up Next: All Checked In ... Celebration has a hospital???

WDW Sep 2013

One Blessed Man

My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsPort Orleans/Riverside Sept 05, Port Orleans/French Quarter Oct '08, DCL Western Caribbean Oct '08, AKL July 2011, Coronado Springs Nov '12
Old 12-01-2012, 12:34 PM   #18 (permalink)
RED SOX NATION!!

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Concierge Level: 7
Glad you finally made it! How cool to run into someone from Rhode Island!

Marnie - PassPorter Co-Guide THE FAMILY ROOM , DISNEY WORLD TRIP REPORTS and GLOBETROTTING TRIP REPORTS

The Disneyland, San Diego, and Vegas oh my! Trip Report

The Trip of a Lifetime - Alaska Land and Sea - Trip Report

Non-Creative Title Spring Break Adventures Trip Report

A Whirlwind Trip to Arizona/Utah and the National Parks - UPDATED 9/27!

My Countdown Counting down to: Grand Canyon, Arches, Canyonlands
Hiking around the National Parks
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsAPR '12 - POFQ, JUL '10 - DL, AUG '09 - DCL Western, AUG '08 - POFQ/BC, AUG '06 - AKL/BC/DisneyWonder/Poly, DEC '05 - AKL, APR '05 - AKL/BC, DEC '04 - AKL, MAY '04 - AKL/BC, MAY '03 - WL/BC, MAY '98 -offsite, MAY '94 - BC, AUG '85 - Poly, AUG '83 - Poly, AUG '81 - Poly, JUL '79 - World Inn, JUL '76 - World Inn
Colexis Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:39 PM   #19 (permalink)
Community Rank: Trekker

your there ! My Rhode Island connection is that my big brother was born in Pawtucket. My dad played hockey for the Rhode Island Reds many moons ago.

Reunion with Snowbirds 2012
http://www.passporterboards.com/foru...snowbirds.html
My Countdown Counting down to: September 2009 Western Caribbean Cruise
We're off to our Magical 1st cruise
My Previous Tripswdw April 2005 POFQ, April 2007 Pop Century, September 2008 CBR, Feb 2010 AKL, CSR Dec 2012
rlb38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:07 PM   #20 (permalink)

Concierge Level: 5
Kenny as I am sure you are well aware there are no coincidences only GUS performing a miracle annoymously. And we are not OLD Just kids with way too much experience
We find it better if we refer to where the girls go when we go out of town as Camp the K word has guilt associated with it.
Congrats on getting there in 1 piece and now enjoy your time
My Countdown Counting down to:
Lets Get Back and Do It Again
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsFt. Wilderness Oct 88/90/91/95/96/Sep2011
MikeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:20 PM   #21 (permalink)
Batman's Gal/Mickey's Pal

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Sounds like good travel days! Glad you've made it to WDW!

Meeting my favorite Mouse and he talks!

Scrapbook pages completed in 2014 = 259/350 pages

Our most recent WDW Adventures are here A Spring Adventure: Wilderness, Flowers, and the Force PTR (with Cam and Luke)

Cam22 PassPorter Co-Guide: The Darkroom , Sharing the Adventure: Disney World Trip Reports ,
The Porch , The Library , WDW Touring Plans and Globetrotting: General Trip Reports
My Countdown Counting down to: Fall Trek Home
Heading Home
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsVWL May 2014--SSR October 2013--AKL/Kidani June 2013--CBR October 2012--BWI June 2012--AKV Jambo House/Kidani Village June 2011 -- November 2010 Beach Club -- June 2010 Beach Club -- October 2009 CBR and Gaylord Palms -- June 2009 AKV/Kidani Village -- June 2008 VWL --June 2007 OKW--June 2006 Disney Wonder/SSR -- June 2005 SSR -- June 2004 VWL -- June 2003 AKL -- August 1997 Off Property -- March 1980 Cocoa Beach
Cam22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:22 PM   #22 (permalink)

I seem to always say this in responding to your TRs, but "That's a lot of driving!" Not being a Dunkin' person, I'm amazed that a "regular" coffee in Boston is 3 creamers and 3 sugars. Have a little coffee with your cream and sugar? You're there in the bubble!

Isn't it sad that Tia has to suffer in such uncomfortable surroundings while you're gone?

My Previous TripsMost recent WDW trip 2/14; Most recent DLR trip 7/12; Most recent DCL trip 7/12 Alaska Wonder
lauriep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:33 PM   #23 (permalink)
Community Rank: Jetsetter

Concierge Level: 5
Sounds like a good day of traveling. You reminded me of the bad experience I had at Cracker Barrel once. I ordered a ham & egg casserole for breakfast and instead they brought out the biggest slice of ham I've ever seen. It was the size of a dinner plate. I tried to return it for what I originally ordered but they had run out of the casserole and insisted I keep the ham. It was the strangest breakfast I've ever had.

Baby's First Trip to the World TR

My Countdown Counting down to: Baby on Board!
Baby has arrived!
My Previous TripsWDW FW July 1987, All Star Resort Nov 2000, BWV Oct 2001, BWV Oct 2002, OKW Feb 2003, OKW Oct 2003, BWV Apr 2004, BWV Nov 2004, OKW Oct 2005, CSR May 2006, OKW June 2007, SSR June 2008, BWV Jan 2011, BWV Dec 2011 DCL April 2012 DVC HHR May 2010 DVC Conciere Collection - Kapalua Bay Hotel Maui March 2002, March 2004 DVC RCI exchange Maui - Nov 2008
num1DVCfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:20 AM   #24 (permalink)

What's this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colexis Mom View Post
Glad you finally made it! How cool to run into someone from Rhode Island!
Yep! Made it to "The Bubble"! The RI meeting was pretty coincidental, but the next "chance encounter" was even more strange!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlb38 View Post
your there ! My Rhode Island connection is that my big brother was born in Pawtucket. My dad played hockey for the Rhode Island Reds many moons ago.
Brenda is very familiar with Pawtucket and The RI Reds. That's interesting. So did your family move to Canada, or just you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
Kenny as I am sure you are well aware there are no coincidences only GUS performing a miracle annoymously. And we are not OLD Just kids with way too much experience
We find it better if we refer to where the girls go when we go out of town as Camp the K word has guilt associated with it.
Congrats on getting there in 1 piece and now enjoy your time
Yes, Mike, I am a firm believer in miracles!
I like "kids with way too much experience"! That's Me!!
Our "Camp/K-word" is run by a very nice and professional lady that LOVES our dogs. In fact, that's where we got Katie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam22 View Post
Sounds like good travel days! Glad you've made it to WDW!
It wasn't a bad drive at all, Cam. It wasn't even too terribly hard on Brenda, either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauriep View Post
I seem to always say this in responding to your TRs, but "That's a lot of driving!" Not being a Dunkin' person, I'm amazed that a "regular" coffee in Boston is 3 creamers and 3 sugars. Have a little coffee with your cream and sugar? You're there in the bubble!
Isn't it sad that Tia has to suffer in such uncomfortable surroundings while you're gone?
450 miles IS a lot of driving, but I do 600-700 a day regularly at work, so 450 is just a hop, skip, and a jump!
From Boston and NOT a DD person?? Actually, I thought it was 2 sugars and 2 creams, but, who am I?
Poor, poor Tia, yes! (NOT!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by num1DVCfan View Post
Sounds like a good day of traveling. You reminded me of the bad experience I had at Cracker Barrel once. I ordered a ham & egg casserole for breakfast and instead they brought out the biggest slice of ham I've ever seen. It was the size of a dinner plate. I tried to return it for what I originally ordered but they had run out of the casserole and insisted I keep the ham. It was the strangest breakfast I've ever had.
That IS another bad CB experience, Jenny! I have always thought they had the best food and service, overall. Now, I'm not so sure. This was just our first CB bad experience of two this trip!

WDW Sep 2013

One Blessed Man

My PassPorter Bookshelf
Old 12-02-2012, 10:36 AM   #25 (permalink)

Enjoying your trip report. Look forward to reading more.
My Previous TripsASMus in 2007 & 2009, Kidani 2010, POP 2011, BC Villas 2011, BW Villas 2012, POP & POR 2013, OKW 2013
tdhc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:44 AM   #26 (permalink)
PassPorter Message Board Manager

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Concierge Level: 3
You've made it - although I don't like the sound of that next instalment...

Meeting Captain Mickey on our magical Mediterranean vacation - the trip report is now underway. The pre-trip report for our weekends in Scotland for the Commonwealth Games is now underway.

I'm Cheryl and I'm the author of PassPorter's Walt Disney World for British Holidaymakers and the co-author of PassPorter's Disney Vacation Club Guide I'm also one of the PassPorter guides for the Disney Vacation Club, Eateries, Globetrotting, Globetrotting Trip Reports, Disneyland Resort Paris and Disneyland Trip Reports forums.

My Countdown Counting down to: Back to Glasgow for athletics action
3 days, 16 hours, 41 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsDisney: 17 trips to WDW, 5 to Disneyland in California, 7 to Disneyland Paris, 1 to Hong Kong Disneyland, 1 to Tokyo Disney, 1 to Aulani, 1 to Hilton Head, 2 to Vero Beach and 6 Disney cruises on the Magic, Wonder, Dream and Fantasy to the Caribbean (three times), Alaska (once) and the Mediterranean (twice). Non-Disney (because otherwise I can't keep track...): American cities (Boston, Chicago, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, San Diego, San Francisco, Washington DC), American National Parks (Arches, Bryce Canyon, Canyonlands, Death Valley, Everglades, Grand Canyon, Grand Tetons, Virgin Islands, Yellowstone, Yosemite, Zion), Hawaii (Oahu, Kauai, Maui and Big Island) and Europe (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Ireland, France, Spain (including Tenerife, Lanzarote and Mallorca), Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Austria, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Monaco, Finland, Norway and Sweden)
chezp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:14 AM   #27 (permalink)

What's this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdhc View Post
Enjoying your trip report. Look forward to reading more.
Welcome, and thanks for tagging along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezp View Post
You've made it - although I don't like the sound of that next instalment...
Explanation coming right up!!

WDW Sep 2013

One Blessed Man

My PassPorter Bookshelf
Old 12-11-2012, 08:11 AM   #28 (permalink)

What's this?

The "Last Minute (...No, I MEAN Last Minute) Trip" (Nov 5-12, 2012), Updated 12/11/2012

Checked in ... but where is Beth?

We were texting with DS, Scott, about what we should do, and he said we should park and come into the lobby because we had to get a parking pass before we could go to the room. Well, Scott and Beth were having dinner with Scott's work friends, so we went on over to Registration, explained the situation and got checked in.

Key To The World Cards and parking pass in hand, we met the "kids" in the lobby. We needed to eat, so I went out and moved the car out of the 30 minute zone and the "kids" helped orient us to the ordering system there and we got our dinner. Brenda had fajitas and I had a Caesar salad, we shared a margarita. Brenda and I had a very early morning with us having to be at the clinic at 5:45am Wednesday, so we headed up to the room and went to bed.

Wed Nov 7, 2012

4:45am is very early. Did you know it is still dark at 4:45 am? It's TRUE!!!
Now, it is significant to note here that our room was furnished with a twin single serve Cuisinart coffee maker. When we first got into the room, there were only 2 regular coffee pods furnished for morning coffee. Today, as we left the room for the clinic, I left $5 and a note for the Mousekeeper. The note said: “There are 4 adults in this room. Could you please leave 4 pods of regular coffee and, if possible, some tea bags?”

The clinic in Celebration is only about 5 miles from Coronado Springs, if that. We were there, on time at 5:45am... but, of course they didn't open the doors till after 6.
Brenda was out about 9:30 and we went in search of breakfast. Our Garmin (Sat/Nav) said there was an IHOP within 2 miles, so we headed over there.
About halfway through breakfast, Brenda got a call from Scott. He had meetings that morning, of course, and Beth had gone to the Magic Kingdom by herself. Just after she got through the gate and was walking down Main Street USA, she passed out. She had been transported to Celebration Hospital. I managed to finish my breakfast while Brenda was on the phone, she got her's to go and finished it while we were in the car. We went back and picked up Scott at the resort and went to the E.R. They had determined she had passed out from low blood sugar and were running tests to see how bad the fall was. At about 3:30 pm the nurse told us that all the tests had checked out normal, but because she had passed out they wanted to keep her overnight for fear of a concussion. She had a relatively minor cut on her head and her legs and ankles were banged up some, but nothing broken or sprained.
With that, we took Scott back to his meetings so he could finish out the day with his co-workers. Brenda and I went to the food court and split a pizza. We finished the pizza and went back to the room. Our Mousekeeper had left us 4 regular and 2 decaf coffee pods and about 6 tea bags! I don't remember the towel animal she left, but I do remember Brenda and I were impressed!

After Scott's workday was finished, he came back to the room where he packed some of Beth's things in a bag to take back to the hospital. We took him over and dropped him off. By this time it had been a while since we had had the pizza, so we looked for a good restaurant for dinner.
There is a Friendly's on International Dr. within 10 miles of the resort, so we headed up there. We had a good meal for under $20 including my dessert. We finished up there about 8pm. It wasn't long before Scott was calling to be picked up and we all went back to the room.

Thu Nov 8, 2012

This was Scott's last full day of meetings. He was up relatively early and called Beth to check up on her. She had made it through the night just fine and was waiting for the final test results before they would release her.

He went on to his meetings and Brenda and I slept in a while longer.

We were not visiting any parks today. We thought we would go to DTD, but that was all we had planned. We had to stay close, because we were expecting Beth to be released from the hospital any minute. We took our time leaving the room, feasting on Dunkin' Donuts Red Velvet and Pumpkin “Minchkins” (donut holes).

About 1pm Brenda and I left the room and headed out to the bus stop. After a bit of a wait, we were on the way to DTD. We were thinking EoS for lunch, we just LOVE their sandwiches. It was just slightly cool today so, when we got to the Marketplace we were thinking how good a cup of clam chowder would taste. Last year we had gone to a place just off the boat dock and had a very delicious cup of clam chowder, so we headed that way.

Scootin' to Cap'n Jacks!

We never made it to Earl of Sandwich that day. When we got to Cap'n Jacks, we found out they had a new lobster roll (sandwich) and a cup of chowder came with it, so we each got “Lobstah 'n Chowdah” and shared a Strawberry Margarita.

Cup of Clam Chowder, Lobster Roll, Strawberry Margarita, Water

It was Soooo delicious! The lobster roll was, at least, as good as any I had gotten in New England, and Brenda and I both thought it was better! The clam chowder was just as delicious as we remembered it.

We left there fully satisfied and wandered the shops for a while. About 4pm we got a cup of coffee each from a stand and worked our way back to the bus stop.
We noticed several Christmas decorations already up.

Christmas Tree and Winter Scene at DTD... (and a little of me! )

I made a wrong turn, but soon corrected myself and we made our way to the buses. We didn't have to wait long for a Coronado Springs bus and made it back to the room about 4:30.
This is what we found when we entered our room:

Snow Rabbit with Mickey Bar

Still no word from Beth. Brenda had been texting and talking to our friend Amy trying to set up a meet, but we didn't know when we would have to get Beth at the hospital. Amy had told Brenda to tell Scott he may have to get tough with them because they liked to keep patients as long as they could. When Brenda called Scott and there was still no word from Beth, she told him what Amy had said. He called the hospital and after a while, and a couple of rants, he found out the doctor had come in and looked at her test results, but then left for home without signing the release papers! After he raised a little Cain, he got them to release her around 6:30. He was having dinner with his co-workers at the resort, so we picked up Beth and took her to the IHOP.

By the time we got back to the room, Scott was there. He explained to us that he had called Mousekeeping and asked if they could make a rabbit as our room's towel animal, Beth likes rabbits. They had gone above and beyond his expectations!

Up Next: (Does anyone EVER get to the parks? ... and a bit of Disney Magic when you least expect it...)

WDW Sep 2013

One Blessed Man

My PassPorter Bookshelf
Old 12-11-2012, 08:34 AM   #29 (permalink)
Living Seas wannabe

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank:
Legend Extraordinaire

WOW!! What a trip! Sorry to hear about Beth's experiences (both with passing out and with not being released quickly from the hospital). But glad you got to spend some time in the bubble!!

Meeting Jacques in January 1976!! My first WDW trip.

.·´.·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:|:- Terri -:|:- ~~°O°

Yellowstone/Grand Teton National Parks - Trip Update 01-03-2014

Co-Guide:"Globetrotting: General Travel Planning",
"Central Florida Attractions", "Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports" & "Running at Disney" Forums.

My Guide Bio!!

My Countdown Counting down to: Cheering the Marathoner and Ian's first trip!!
She did 26.2!!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous Trips60+ WDW trips - most recent December 2013 - VWL; 2 DL/DCA - most recent Feb 2007 - DLH; 8 DCL - most recent Feb 2013 - 3rd anniversary on the Disney Fantasy.
DrDolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:18 AM   #30 (permalink)
RED SOX NATION!!

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Sorry about Beth! Sounds like you've had some Disney magic even though you haven't made it to a park!

Marnie - PassPorter Co-Guide THE FAMILY ROOM , DISNEY WORLD TRIP REPORTS and GLOBETROTTING TRIP REPORTS

The Disneyland, San Diego, and Vegas oh my! Trip Report

The Trip of a Lifetime - Alaska Land and Sea - Trip Report

Non-Creative Title Spring Break Adventures Trip Report

A Whirlwind Trip to Arizona/Utah and the National Parks - UPDATED 9/27!

My Countdown Counting down to: Grand Canyon, Arches, Canyonlands
Hiking around the National Parks
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsAPR '12 - POFQ, JUL '10 - DL, AUG '09 - DCL Western, AUG '08 - POFQ/BC, AUG '06 - AKL/BC/DisneyWonder/Poly, DEC '05 - AKL, APR '05 - AKL/BC, DEC '04 - AKL, MAY '04 - AKL/BC, MAY '03 - WL/BC, MAY '98 -offsite, MAY '94 - BC, AUG '85 - Poly, AUG '83 - Poly, AUG '81 - Poly, JUL '79 - World Inn, JUL '76 - World Inn
Colexis Mom is offline   Reply With Quote