Make Mine A BLT with Some MVMCP, MK, AK & More - A Short Solo Trip - Page 2 - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Thank you to our forum sponsor:
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Sharing the Adventure: Disney World Trip Reports
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

Forum Sponsor: MouseEarVacations.com
Learn Why PassPorter Recommends This Sponsor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2012, 11:21 PM   #16 (permalink)

Concierge Level: 6
Yay! We're both on property at the same time!

My Previous TripsMost recent WDW trip 2/14; Most recent DLR trip 7/12; Most recent DCL trip 7/12 Alaska Wonder
lauriep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:14 AM   #17 (permalink)
PassPorter Message Board Manager

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Concierge Level: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauriep View Post
And I just discovered that Sharon's December trip also overlaps with ours - and at least some of yours as well. Hopefully we might be able to meet up!

Enjoying time in beautiful Verona on our Italy road trip. The trip reports for our cruise on the Magic around Greece and Turkey and a day out in Paris are now complete.

I'm Cheryl and I'm the author of PassPorter's Walt Disney World for British Holidaymakers and the co-author of PassPorter's Disney Vacation Club Guide I'm also one of the PassPorter guides for the Disney Vacation Club, Eateries, Globetrotting, Globetrotting Trip Reports, Disneyland Resort Paris and Disneyland Trip Reports forums.
My Countdown Counting down to: Our wedding anniversary
4 days, 11 hours, 39 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsDisney: 17 trips to WDW, 5 to Disneyland in California, 7 to Disneyland Paris, 1 to Hong Kong Disneyland, 1 to Tokyo Disney, 1 to Aulani, 1 to Hilton Head, 2 to Vero Beach and 6 Disney cruises on the Magic, Wonder, Dream and Fantasy to the Caribbean (three times), Alaska (once) and the Mediterranean (twice). Non-Disney (because otherwise I can't keep track...): American cities (Boston, Chicago, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, San Diego, San Francisco, Washington DC), American National Parks (Arches, Bryce Canyon, Canyonlands, Death Valley, Everglades, Grand Canyon, Grand Tetons, Virgin Islands, Yellowstone, Yosemite, Zion), Hawaii (Oahu, Kauai, Maui and Big Island) and Europe (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Ireland, France, Spain (including Tenerife, Lanzarote and Mallorca), Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Austria, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Monaco, Finland, Norway and Sweden)
chezp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:24 AM   #18 (permalink)
RED SOX NATION!!
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Concierge Level: 7
Great pics!

Marnie - PassPorter Co-Guide THE FAMILY ROOM , DISNEY WORLD TRIP REPORTS and GLOBETROTTING TRIP REPORTS

The Disneyland, San Diego, and Vegas oh my! Trip Report

The Trip of a Lifetime - Alaska Land and Sea - Trip Report

Non-Creative Title Spring Break Adventures Trip Report

A Whirlwind Trip to Arizona/Utah and the National Parks - UPDATED 9/27!

My Countdown Counting down to: Grand Canyon, Arches, Canyonlands
Hiking around the National Parks
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsAPR '12 - POFQ, JUL '10 - DL, AUG '09 - DCL Western, AUG '08 - POFQ/BC, AUG '06 - AKL/BC/DisneyWonder/Poly, DEC '05 - AKL, APR '05 - AKL/BC, DEC '04 - AKL, MAY '04 - AKL/BC, MAY '03 - WL/BC, MAY '98 -offsite, MAY '94 - BC, AUG '85 - Poly, AUG '83 - Poly, AUG '81 - Poly, JUL '79 - World Inn, JUL '76 - World Inn
Colexis Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:36 AM   #19 (permalink)

What's this?

Community Rank: Globetrotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdhc View Post
Great photos....those corn dog nuggets and pork shank look great !!!!
They were both pretty darned good. The pork shank was much better than it might look in the pic - way too big, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam22 View Post
Looks like you are already having fun and good food!
Yes, it was a good day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauriep View Post
Watch out, World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezp View Post
And I just discovered that Sharon's December trip also overlaps with ours - and at least some of yours as well. Hopefully we might be able to meet up!
Will send our details, Cheryl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colexis Mom View Post
Great pics!
Thanks, Marnie.

Just checking in. I watched the Holiday Fireworks and Parade, and wandered randomly, leaving the Magic Kingdom just after midnight. Got back to the room and started the photo download process. (I was impressed that Laurie had a photo update ready to go already - I'm afraid it will take me a while longer. I know I take too many photos )

Didn't set the alarm this morning, woke up right about 6:30am - could have used another hour of sleep. No plans for rope drop this AM - getting ready to head over to AK for some fun and my very first PassPorter Meet (hmmmmmm, who could that be ).

Will check in later. Thanks for following along.

Fall 2014 TR - BLT, BWV, MNSSHP, Trains, Wild Africa Trek, F&W, and More
My Countdown Counting down to: Cruising into the New Year
58 days, 4 hours, 39 minutes
shazza is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:28 PM   #20 (permalink)

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Enjoy your PassPorter meet! Great shot by the way - love the action of the water in it!

Enjoying time in beautiful Verona on our Italy road trip. The trip reports for our cruise on the Magic around Greece and Turkey and a day out in Paris are now complete.

I'm Cheryl and I'm the author of PassPorter's Walt Disney World for British Holidaymakers and the co-author of PassPorter's Disney Vacation Club Guide I'm also one of the PassPorter guides for the Disney Vacation Club, Eateries, Globetrotting, Globetrotting Trip Reports, Disneyland Resort Paris and Disneyland Trip Reports forums.
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsDisney: 17 trips to WDW, 5 to Disneyland in California, 7 to Disneyland Paris, 1 to Hong Kong Disneyland, 1 to Tokyo Disney, 1 to Aulani, 1 to Hilton Head, 2 to Vero Beach and 6 Disney cruises on the Magic, Wonder, Dream and Fantasy to the Caribbean (three times), Alaska (once) and the Mediterranean (twice). Non-Disney (because otherwise I can't keep track...): American cities (Boston, Chicago, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, San Diego, San Francisco, Washington DC), American National Parks (Arches, Bryce Canyon, Canyonlands, Death Valley, Everglades, Grand Canyon, Grand Tetons, Virgin Islands, Yellowstone, Yosemite, Zion), Hawaii (Oahu, Kauai, Maui and Big Island) and Europe (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Ireland, France, Spain (including Tenerife, Lanzarote and Mallorca), Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Austria, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Monaco, Finland, Norway and Sweden)
Old 11-28-2012, 02:57 PM   #21 (permalink)

What's this?

Thanks, Cheryl.

Ah - today was a very nice day, indeed (and it's not over). I relaxed this morning, then decided to drive over to Animal Kingdom from BLT. AK had EMH today, opening at 8am, but I was a little late for the start of that. As I got in my car, I realized I had left my Annual Pass in the room - duh, newbie mistake

I made it to AK at about 8:45am - just when they started letting everyone in - it was a bit hectic at first:

Once I was in, I knew I needed coffee. As I walked towards Africa (the safari, you know), I passed Pizzafari. Hmmm - never tried it. No one's here. Good place for coffee. I also decided to get the spinach & feta frittata - was I surprised? Why, yes, I was very surprised. This was delicious. It was obviously freshly made - hot and tasty (and I'm not much for egg dishes, but would happily get this again). Even the coffee was good - and very hot!

I had a relaxing breakfast. Almost passed on the Kilimanjaro since I thought it might be too late. But, walked up and got a fast pass for 30 minutes later. Went for a trek along the Pangani Trail. No iPhone shots, but I'll have some fun gorilla ones when I upload the real pics.

Then, it was time for the Safari. "How many in your party, Miss?" "Just one, Sir." "Please step into Lane 1"

So, I did. And - it was perfect, because I got to sit in the front row with no one else at all in the row. Score.

The Safari was pretty good. The light was better than I thought it would be (it's 10:30 am now), and we saw quite a few animals.

The Safari made me thirsty, so I picked up a soda and hiked to the Lion King Theater. It was crowded - I was no. 450 and they let at least a hundred or more in after. Got a good seat in the back row in the Wart Hog section (I always get the warthog!). Enjoyed the show and took lots of pics - downloading now).

It was now time for my FIRST EVER PassPorter Meet. I strolled to Harambe, and there she was - our very own LaurieP. Now, let me confess something. I'm not all that sociable, and normally meeting someone new would lead to a little angst. But, not in this case. I was looking forward to meeting Laurie, and we had a delightful lunch. We just sat around talking after we ate and it was a very nice Meet! (Well, that's my side of the story). There were no attractions we wanted to see, so we meandered to the exit, and said our goodbyes. I imagine our paths will cross again. So nice to see you, Laurie

I had to remind Laurie we needed to take pics of lunch (she was probably just nervous, wondering how she got hooked up with crazy lady):

And then, Laurie got into the spirit, and I took a photo of her taking a photo of lunch. It should be obvious from my report so far, that I am not a vegetarian. We picked up lunch at Tamu Tamu, and the pulled pork sandwich was really good.

And yes, we do have a photo of the two of us, but it was taken with my camera, so it's being downloaded now. (EDIT: Photo Added)

You might think this was enough excitement for one day. But, upon my return to BLT, I thought it was a good time to sample a Holiday Treat. I'd read that the Contempo Cafe served the special Peppermint Cupcakes at Christmas Time. They had none (although they had an interesting Cool Mint Cupcake), so I went for the Red Velvet Cupcake! With a kiddie milk, since I just didn't see the pairing with a Corona Light.

After a brief rest, I'll head back to the Magic Kingdom, taking advantage of being so close.

Last edited by shazza; 11-28-2012 at 03:32 PM..
Old 11-28-2012, 05:17 PM   #22 (permalink)
RED SOX NATION!!

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Glad you had a great time with Laurie! Great pics!

Marnie - PassPorter Co-Guide THE FAMILY ROOM , DISNEY WORLD TRIP REPORTS and GLOBETROTTING TRIP REPORTS

My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsAPR '12 - POFQ, JUL '10 - DL, AUG '09 - DCL Western, AUG '08 - POFQ/BC, AUG '06 - AKL/BC/DisneyWonder/Poly, DEC '05 - AKL, APR '05 - AKL/BC, DEC '04 - AKL, MAY '04 - AKL/BC, MAY '03 - WL/BC, MAY '98 -offsite, MAY '94 - BC, AUG '85 - Poly, AUG '83 - Poly, AUG '81 - Poly, JUL '79 - World Inn, JUL '76 - World Inn
Old 11-28-2012, 07:44 PM   #23 (permalink)
Community Rank: Scout

It sounds like you are having a wonderful time. I'm glad you got to meet Laurie for lunch

My first TR:A Very Merry SurpriseHere we go again: Goin' Down the Bayou Our Anniversary Trip: Happy 10 Years

My Countdown Counting down to: Our Second Cruise
232 days, 15 hours, 39 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsYearly trips to WDW as a child with my family (1982 - 1989), WDW/Universal 1992, Senior Class Trip to WDW June 1994, WDW 2001, First Family Trip with my girls 2009, First MNSSHP October 2010, First MVMCP November 2011, POR November 2012, POR and our first cruise on the Dream August 2013
JKnott17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:54 PM   #24 (permalink)
PassPorter Guide

Community Rank: Navigator

Sounds like you are having a great time! Glad you got to meet Laurie!

Lisa Co-Guide to Sharing the Adventure Disney World Trip Reports

PTR: Thingamabobs, Zebras, & Giraffes, Oh My!
My Countdown Counting down to: Spring Break @ OKW or SSR??? hmmm......
162 days, 2 hours, 39 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsAKL & AoA June/July 2014; POP September 2013; POP August 2013; AKL & BLT June/July 2013; POR December 2012; SSR October 2012; SSR July 2011; BWV May 2011; SSR July/Aug 2010; WL & SSR July 2009; SSR July 2008; OKW August 2007; OKW May 2007; SSR October 2006; SSR June 2006; OKW December 2005; CS September 2005; OKW July 2005; SSR October 2004; POP June 2004; ASMV April 2004; BWV October 2003
lfredsbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:52 PM   #25 (permalink)

What's this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colexis Mom View Post
Glad you had a great time with Laurie! Great pics!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKnott17 View Post
It sounds like you are having a wonderful time. I'm glad you got to meet Laurie for lunch
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfredsbo View Post
Sounds like you are having a great time! Glad you got to meet Laurie!
It was a very good day - and spending time with Laurie was the highlight.

I'll go ahead and provide the start of my "official" TR for this trip in the next post.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:20 PM   #26 (permalink)

What's this?

Day One - Part One

I could have easily called this TR "The Trip of Many Firsts." Just some include

My first solo trip to Disney (but have traveled much as a solo during my working career)
My first visit to the Magic Kingdom in many, many years
My first official DVC stay as an owner
My first stay at Bay Lake Tower (actually, first time in the building)
My first attempt to photograph anything at the Magic Kingdom - parades, fireworks, rides
My first PassPorter Meet

and lots more firsts. Without further ado, here are some pics from my first afternoon. As reported earlier, I drove to Orlando from South Florida - arrived at noon - room was ready - room was good. I also scored a parking spot right next to the entrance:

After checking in (more on the room later), I skidaddled to the Magic Kingdom by walking along the path from BLT. Easy Peasy (longer, I think, than walking from the Epcot Resorts to Epcot, but still easy). I enjoyed watching the monorails run overhead:

There were no lines to get into the Park. Touring Plans rated MK a 1 for this day. Crowds were light throughout most areas of the park. The weather was perfect - some cloud cover with temps in the 70s.

Most of the Christmas Decorations were up, except for the big tree which goes up for the Taping of the Parade. I do like the Toy Soldiers.

Before I knew it, the "Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It" Parade was coming down Main Street:

You can see how Main Street is not crowded at all at this point. I must admit, I did get a bit teary-eyed at the parade (which is surprising for me). It musta been Woody - he hearted me

After the parade, I meandered down Main Street towards the castle, looking happier than some of these random strangers:

Since I'd had no lunch, I picked up some Corn Dog Nuggets and a soda - they were tasty.

There was a castle show going on, but I didn't watch it since I planned to catch one in the evening:

So, where did I go first? Now tell me that none of you would make a beeline to the "New" Fantasyland That's where I'll pick up tomorrow.

Coming Up: What's all the fuss about?

Old 11-29-2012, 12:47 AM   #27 (permalink)

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

So glad you got to meet up with Laurie - and I hope we can work something out so that we can get together in a couple of weeks' time!

My PassPorter Bookshelf
Old 11-29-2012, 05:36 AM   #28 (permalink)
RED SOX NATION!!

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Great pictures from the start of your trip!

My PassPorter Bookshelf
Old 11-29-2012, 06:25 AM   #29 (permalink)

Great photos! I enjoyed our meeting so much, Sharon. I'm glad we both overcame our inclinations and decided to get together. You beat me to posting your updates!

My Previous TripsMost recent WDW trip 2/14; Most recent DLR trip 7/12; Most recent DCL trip 7/12 Alaska Wonder
lauriep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:41 AM   #30 (permalink)
Community Rank: Trekker

Glad you were able to meet up with Laurie. Love the monorail shot. I can't wait to see the FLE for myself!

Reunion with Snowbirds 2012
http://www.passporterboards.com/foru...snowbirds.html
My Countdown Counting down to: September 2009 Western Caribbean Cruise
We're off to our Magical 1st cruise
My Previous Tripswdw April 2005 POFQ, April 2007 Pop Century, September 2008 CBR, Feb 2010 AKL, CSR Dec 2012
rlb38 is offline   Reply With Quote