You know we really dont do anything for Thanksgiving - PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel
PassPorter.com
Message Board Community
Thank you to our forum sponsor:
Home Florida - Walt Disney World Caribbean - Disney Cruise Line California - Disneyland Resort Anywhere and Everywhere! Travelers Store Community PassPorter's Club Help!
   Welcome!  |   Answers  |  Guidelines  |  Shorthands  |  Newsletters  |  Our Guides  |   Photos  | Login Problems  |  Help  |  Bookmark Us |  Follow Us on |
Search

Go Back   PassPorter Community - Boards & Forums on Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Sharing the Adventure: Disney World Trip Reports
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

Forum Sponsor: MouseEarVacations.com
Learn Why PassPorter Recommends This Sponsor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2012, 07:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
Community Rank: Trekker

Concierge Level: 5
You know we really dont do anything for Thanksgiving

After last years first trip to WDW for my Wife, I had high hopes that she wouldn't be averse to a return trip but prepared myself for disappointment. That was until she wanted to tour the Campgrounds of Ft Wilderness and send pictures to her girlfriend Maureen and raved about it to her. Well last New Years Eve we all went out to dinner and I was told to bring my laptop with our pictures to show them more. That night she admitted she had enjoyed herself and was considering a return trip but didn't like idea of going when weather would be sure to be so hot.
It was time for me to draw on my sneacky training and find out what she liked best of the trip and what she objected to. That night I had many of the answers I needed and went into planning mode.
A quick check of WDW site and idea of prices ( added 5% to 2012 prices listed) and I had an idea of what it might cost. Played with dates and came up with a final plan. Made ressies for 2012 but knew I would have to change for 2013 but in so doing gave myself more time to pay it off. At 500 day marks changed them all for 2013. Now have to check on vacay policy here at work but a large portion will be unpaid time off I doubt that there will be a problem. Still have to see what new chart they are going to come out with workwise but I'll deal with that when it happens.
WHEN Nov. 18 through Dec 7 2013
WHERE Nov 18 to Nov 22 AKL Club Level with Dine plus ( Did book just room for 18th as we won't get there till almost noon and have plans to do Sunset Safari)
Nov 22 to Dec 7 Ft Wilderness Cabins on Premium Plan (Nights of 22Nov and 6Dec are likewise room only as either they are covered by prior plan or in case of 6th we leave on 7th)
WHO Me Mike 56 and life long Disney Fan
DW Lucille 62 recent convert to Mouseside
HOW We will be driving down as Lucille does NOT fly. Did it last year in 1 shot but intend on taking two days this time as we found some places on the trip last we want to stop and check out.( Really she wants to shop)

This far out things are still very fluid and like anything else in life subject to change. But sometime on Fri Nov.15 after taking the GIRLS aka The Stinky Sisters to camp we will leave. Hopefully early enough to make Savannah Ga at least Sanna SC Finishin gthe remainder into Orlando area the following day. Sunday is right now slated for a day at SeaWorld but I am leaving the planning for this up to her as it was her idea to go there in first place. Note sneaky classes are in play here By letting her set the agenda for the day not only is she more involved in her vacay but she gets to plan a day based entirely on her likes
Hopefully on the 18 after checking in at AKL we will have some downtime to explore the resort before checking in for Sunset Safari As this will take us into evening thats all for that day
My Countdown Counting down to: HEATHENS IN THE FORT
142 days, 19 hours, 55 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsFt. Wilderness Oct 88/90/91/95/96/Sep2011 AKL Nov 2013 Ft Wilderness Nov/Dec 2013
MikeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:20 AM   #2 (permalink)

Concierge Level: 7
Sounds like great plans so far. We just spent a week at Disney for Thanksgiving and had a great time in spite of the crowds

Click here for "Girls' Work and Play Getaway (2 Moms Play in Disney World)" June 2014

My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW - CBR July 1997, AKL - Jambo House June 2009, AKL - Kidani Village August 2011, Kidani Village Thanksgiving 2012, BCV Sept 2013, The Dream Sept 2013, CSR June 2014
goofyboysmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:28 AM   #3 (permalink)

Concierge Level: 6
Sounds like a fab trip and so nice to hear of a hubby doing the sneaky planning. So usually hear it the other way around.

We too are big AKV fans and cannot wait to stay there

My Countdown Counting down to: Peter starting at Stewart Melville
4 days, 16 hours, 55 minutes
Thomhazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:09 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyboysmama View Post
Sounds like great plans so far. We just spent a week at Disney for Thanksgiving and had a great time in spite of the crowds
I know it will be crowded Thanksgiving week but thats when she wants to so who am I to argue The woman who said "But I don't like the Mouse!!! when I announced last years trip Week before and after should be okay. Years earlier I was there till day before Thanksgiving and it got crowded but we found ways around it and will do so again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomhazel View Post
Sounds like a fab trip and so nice to hear of a hubby doing the sneaky planning. So usually hear it the other way around.

We too are big AKV fans and cannot wait to stay there
Sneaky was a mandatory class in the Academy. Used those techniques to get info I needed to make best decisions I can. This will be first time at AKL for both of us and I only booked it to do Sunrise and Sunset Safaris as I am sure she will love it. She was ready to hit me when she heard about AKL Her first question was "Why aren't we staying in the cabins??? You know how much I liked them! Then she heard about 2nd half and the world was right
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsFt. Wilderness Oct 88/90/91/95/96/Sep2011 AKL Nov 2013 Ft Wilderness Nov/Dec 2013
Old 12-28-2012, 12:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
Community Rank: Visitor

You will love AKL!!

We stayed there in October and plan three more trips for 2013, ALL at Animal Kingdom Lodge! We absolutely love it there!
lana619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Batman's Gal/Mickey's Pal
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Congrats on another trip and bringing Lucille over to the dark side! Plans looks great so far. I want to do the Sunset Safari sometime, but not this June as we're not staying Club Level.

Meeting my favorite Mouse and he talks!

Scrapbook pages completed in 2014 = 259/350 pages

Our most recent WDW Adventures are here A Spring Adventure: Wilderness, Flowers, and the Force PTR (with Cam and Luke)

Cam22 PassPorter Co-Guide: The Darkroom , Sharing the Adventure: Disney World Trip Reports ,
The Porch , The Library , WDW Touring Plans and Globetrotting: General Trip Reports
My Countdown Counting down to: Fall Trek Home
Heading Home
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsVWL May 2014--SSR October 2013--AKL/Kidani June 2013--CBR October 2012--BWI June 2012--AKV Jambo House/Kidani Village June 2011 -- November 2010 Beach Club -- June 2010 Beach Club -- October 2009 CBR and Gaylord Palms -- June 2009 AKV/Kidani Village -- June 2008 VWL --June 2007 OKW--June 2006 Disney Wonder/SSR -- June 2005 SSR -- June 2004 VWL -- June 2003 AKL -- August 1997 Off Property -- March 1980 Cocoa Beach
Cam22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
Community Rank: Navigator

What a fun trip you have planned. You make it such fun and I love reading about them.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
Community Rank: Adventurer

Great Plans
mushu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:15 AM   #9 (permalink)
Community Rank: Scout

Concierge Level: 1
Sounds great - except for the fact that we will miss you because we are arriving on your departure day! You are gonna love AKL! And club level to boot! Wow!

My Countdown Counting down to: Oct 25, 2014 - Land and Sea!!!
63 days, 14 hours, 25 minutes
My Previous TripsWDW April 2010 CSR (1st trip ever), WDW Nov 2010 AKL (honeymoon after 14 years of marriage), WDW Nov 2011 (1st DVC trip) BLT, WDW Sept 2012 OKW, 2013 Christmas time split stay - SS/OKW
Coop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:05 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lana619 View Post
We stayed there in October and plan three more trips for 2013, ALL at Animal Kingdom Lodge! We absolutely love it there!
All my previous trips I stayed in Ft W cabins and love them. It is kind of like having a small suite and love the setting AKL will be a first and this is DW second trip to WDW so She loves critters I love Disney Solution found

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam22 View Post
Congrats on another trip and bringing Lucille over to the dark side! Plans looks great so far. I want to do the Sunset Safari sometime, but not this June as we're not staying Club Level.
After reading your account of Sunrise and Elbodans and Kenny's of Sunset I knew these would be right her alley so that why went that way. Just a little more sneaky to make sure I have her turned to the Mouseside

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchdisneyfamily View Post
What a fun trip you have planned. You make it such fun and I love reading about them.
Planning it is easy Know what my DW likes and try to include at least one or two of those elements every day and she is happy Plus side I get to a lot of what I like. More on that later
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushu22 View Post
Great Plans
Thanks Got loads of GREAT ideas here so If it works for others and it ain't broke don't fix it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop View Post
Sounds great - except for the fact that we will miss you because we are arriving on your departure day! You are gonna love AKL! And club level to boot! Wow!
Missing you and Chuck is definately going to a downer. Have to see If we can't find a way to remedy that. If BIG IF things work out right We might have a way to stay extra day or so have to see how things play out. Had to Club Level Sunrise and Sunset AKA Wanamaya Safari's only avail at that level
My PassPorter Bookshelf
Old 12-29-2012, 10:29 AM   #11 (permalink)

You are a great sneaky planner, Mike! This sounds like a great way to do it - enjoying the Thanksgiving Holiday but also plenty of time when it will be less crowded. The Girls will have fun at camp.
shazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:45 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazza View Post
You are a great sneaky planner, Mike! This sounds like a great way to do it - enjoying the Thanksgiving Holiday but also plenty of time when it will be less crowded. The Girls will have fun at camp.
My GIRLS love camp the couple that owns it has human puppies that love them and they get all kinds of attention Only way to make it better is for Daddy to stay with them
My PassPorter Bookshelf
Old 12-30-2012, 04:44 PM   #13 (permalink)
Community Rank: Legend

Congrats on another trip!

My Previous TripsWDW (offsite) Mar. 1988, Former Dixie Landings Resort (Honeymoon) Dec. 1996, OKW Aug. 2006, POR (12th Wedding Anniversary) Dec. 2008
lazanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:52 PM   #14 (permalink)
Community Rank: Adventurer

Things have been a little crazy around here, but I wanted to pop in and follow along your next PTR!! I am sorry we will miss you...we are headed back in mid-October and will be doing a 4 night cruise and then a short Disney stay at the Beach Club. But very excited to see what sneaky "surprises' you have in store for Lucille.
My Previous TripsOffsite DL Aug 2013 (Dumbo Double Dare Race),CBR Jan 2013 (Disney Half Marathon), Beach Club/Disney Dream April 2012, WL Oct. 2011, WL Oct. 2009, WL Oct. 2007, Off-site Aug. 1995, numerous childhood visits
lsugirlinutah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:45 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazanya View Post
Congrats on another trip!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsugirlinutah View Post
Things have been a little crazy around here, but I wanted to pop in and follow along your next PTR!! I am sorry we will miss you...we are headed back in mid-October and will be doing a 4 night cruise and then a short Disney stay at the Beach Club. But very excited to see what sneaky "surprises' you have in store for Lucille.
Thought with dates for this trip we might cross paths but you and yours are going a month ahead of your normal I see. I used to go regularlly in Oct and weather is great. I am not only sneaky one by the way.

Folks to say that I can fool or pull one over on my wife is a very very difficult feat. She is way too smart and knows me all too well. Getting together with those friends and raving about our trip was a very subtle way to let me know she enjoyed herself and was not averse to going backoming home to find she watched and DVRd a series of Travel channel shows about WDW told me she expected to go So in way you can say she hoodwinked me into booking and planning this trip.
In fact when i came home from regular Sat mourning running around there was something on History channel about WDW and she was watchin it intently as well as taking notes. Wellover dinner we started to flesh out some ideas of where she would like to eat and what we intend to do.
Yes there will be a large number of fishing trips for me and she may even join me but this way she can sleep in without the GIRLS waking her up at 0 way too early hours there will be a few trail rides and if I can finish convinceing her hopefully the Segway tour in EPCOT. Both Safari's out of AKL are a must otherwise she would raher stay at cabins those days and we may do backstage safari one more time as well.
Must eat at, that, gets a Little harder. Crystal Palace and Tony's are very high on the list along with Citrico's. Coral Reef and Chefs de France are on the list with CdF being lunch ( Likes Remy) and dinner musts. Brown Derby in DHS And in AK YAk and Yeti is at top of MY list. Artist Pointe is under serious consideration for Thanksgiving dinner as is Trails End (we are considering makieng this a down no park day) Ragland Road and T Rex are high on list DTD
Now as for Tuesdaay the 19th . There is only one place I will consider and thats MK. I am really not at WDW until I have been on Mainstreet USA wihth the Castle before me. This time I am determined to get her on PoC despite her fear of heights and we will spend more tim in New Fantasy land and Tomorrow land. Maybe this trip I'll get on speedway
My PassPorter Bookshelf