03-22-2006, 01:55 PM
Community Rank: Tourist
Join Date: Nov 2005
3/11 through 3/18 trip report...
1. Place was too crowded, except weirdly water parks almost deserted, no lines there in spite of excellent weather. MGM was a particular nightmare.
2. Typhoon Lagoon in much better shape, Blizzard Beach in need of a refurb., looking run down and water not quite as warm in the pools.
3. WL reservations all screwed up from the get go. Level of service basically sucked at the hotel. Manager lied to me several times. Then started the old he was sorry I kept misunderstanding him BS. I should have just refused to pay but wife would not let me. Last year stayed at Contemporary, had no complaints. Pool at WL is better though. Won't go into details, kept my cool until the last day when I went off on the hotel manager. Just all minor stuff after first day, nothing major as they fized major problem after the first day. Just got sick of Disney workers arguing with me all the time and having an attitude like I should be thankfull Disney even exists. Get a clue morons, I could go to europe for what you charge, the only reason I go to your cartoon land is for my kids, not me. I don't know that many self respecting adults who give a you know what about a make believe castle and cartoon figures so stop acting liem your doing me a favor just by being there and do your job and treat me like a customer. I aon't be going baack for a few years because of this lack of stellar service which is what I expected for the price. Not bad enough to make me never go back or anything, but less than expected and it was parkwide. Maybe the crowd had something to do with it. So i'll go one more time when my youngest is 12, but they cost themselves 3 trips at 7-10 grand each from me for their attitude, congrats idiots. All you had to do was agree to charge me 30 bucks less a night after my arrival due to your room screw up, but no, you would not do that.
4. EE is a great ride, get the front seat if you can, it's well worth it.
5. Soarin is pretty cool, but not worth a long wait, get a fast pass or skip it.