PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums - View Single Post - I'm going to Disney World!
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2018, 10:57 PM   #22
joe.hurley
Community Rank: Wayfarer

Post Thanks / Like
First part of my trip plan, days zero and one (day zero? what the heck is a day zero? read on and find out)

Hi, everybody! Well, it's just seventeen sleeps until I go to Disney World again! (There was a Disney podcast where a dad called their voicemail line each day for the week before a trip, and that's what his girls said on the phone, and I liked it.) As the date approaches, this past weekend, I wrote up a trip plan for my four days at WDW next month.

So here it is:
Part 1 -- Days Zero and One

Wednesday, November 7 (Day Zero, since it's the day before the actual trip, but is still the beginning of the trip): 7 am check in online for outbound flight; after dinner, dad brings me to the Sheraton at Bradley International Airport, stay one night there paid with SPG points

(Editorial note: You KNOW I'm going to be the dad in the ad who is like, "I'm too excited to sleep!")

Thursday, November 8 (Day One): 4 am wake up
Check out of hotel by 4:45
Go to Southwest counter and check in for flight at 5 am counter opening
Breakfast at McDonald's after security
SWA Flight 990 departs BDL 7:05 am, arrives MCO 10:05 am
Go to Disney Magical Express; bus to Pop Century; expected arrival around 11:30
Check in at Pop Century if room available, else leave checked & carry on at luggage services, get needed items for the day and put in backpack
Lunch at Everything Pop; get refillable mug -- both with Dining Plan
Bus to Magic Kingdom
Afternoon attractions: Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin (FP+), Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor (FP+), Journey of the Little Mermaid (FP+)
Get Mouse Ears with my name at The Chapeau, maybe the one that lights up and interacts with stuff! (Did I mention that, except when I'm at work, I'm basically a big kid? And even a little bit there.... if you ever were to follow me closely in the hall you might hear me humming a Disney tune. I like to tell my friends that, you remember they called Dick Clark the world's oldest teen? Well, I've done him one better, I'm the world's oldest tween!)
Monorail to Grand Floridian Resort; dinner at Cinderella's Happily Ever After Dinner at 1900 Park Fare
Monorail back to Magic Kingdom for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party
Events: 7:40 pm Mickey's Most Merriest Celebration (there's a grammar issue in there somewhere...), 8:15 pm Frozen Holiday Wish, 8:30 pm Mickey's Once Upon a Christmastime Parade, 9:25 totally Tomorrowland Christmas, 10 pm Holiday Wishes
Whatever attractions can be fit in with the above, especially Haunted Mansion and Jungle Cruise
Then bus back to Pop Century and sleep (zzzzz zzzzz )

So, what do you think? Huh? Huh? C'mon, i want to know! (More than that, i want this to happen already!!! Seventeen days is still too long to wait!!!)

I am suspecting this may wind up being the bestest best ever Disney vacation! Maybe in part because it's been fourteen years since my last one! What's that old saying about absence and a fonder heart? I just can't wait to see all the new things (even the ones I won't actually ride -- roller coasters)

Stay tuned for day two! (You can't wait, can you? I've already written it, and I can't wait! Well, you'll have to, until tomorrow or Wednesday)

Signing off for tonight, one very excited Joe, whose teddy bears are trying very hard to keep him from bouncing off the walls of his room. But it's a losing battle for them...
It's time to go to Disney World! Woo Hoo!!!!
My Previous TripsFlorence Italy Oct 2017; Jamaica Jan 2017; Switzerland & Madrid Oct 2016; Philippines many times; WDW Dec 2005 and several prior