PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums - View Single Post - First Ever Disneyland Trip Updated 10/13
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2015, 08:04 PM   #139
Cam22
Batman's Gal/Mickey's Pal
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Concierge Level: 6

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinetaradise View Post
I'm a little late to the PTR but I'm SO SO excited for this one!! I have used the Disneyland Express through gray lines for both of my trips to DLR through LAX. Both times was enjoyable and ALMOST felt like the Magical Express in WDW without the fun video. I have only seen the outside of the Grand Californian but I would LOVE to stay there one day. The pictures are breathtaking!! If you find yourself looking for another restaurant if something falls through the Catal restaurant in DTD is outstanding!! It is still the best meal I have ever had anywhere! I'm so excited to hear more about your plans!! I'm a 15 time WDW veteran but I LOVE DLR just as much and for different reasons and would love to go back soon!
Luke actually is getting excited now about the Disneyland Express, especially since he has seen how excited it made me to ride in a Disney bus. Thanks for the restaurant recommendation. I just know Luke and I are going to DLR for what makes it the original park.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylan1 View Post
Oh my! The frustrations with booking Disneyland dining sound aggravating. I am not looking forward to that when we go. Glad you were able to get some of the plans settled though and congrats on the flight savings. I have only flown in to LAX once and then flew out again to San Diego so I can't tell you a whole lot about the airport there. I know that sounds strange but this was quite some time ago and my Mom worked for Delta then and she wanted to see the new look of the LAX airport. So we flew in there and then to our final destination of San Diego. What we did see was very open and had lots of signage so hopefully you will be able to navigate it easily.
I honestly feel like my frustration mainly comes from familiarity with WDW planning, which is much more intense. I'm used to getting on the website and getting things done. That's not always happening right now. Thank goodness for good signage. I know it seems weird, since I love going to WDW, but crowds make me anxious, more so in airports than anywhere else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSharon View Post
Glad you got your reservations almost done! Storytellers Cafe is a fun character meal! Actually, you've got some great meals planned - many of them I'll be doing myself on my upcoming trip.
We were hoping that by saving the character meal until last that we have a happy send off. Most of our choices I gleaned from others' TRs here because I trust you all.

My Previous TripsAKL Jambo April/May 2017--SSR/OKW Sept/Oct 2016 --AKL Kidani May 2016 -- Polynesian Village Resort May 2015 -- OKW/Magic December 2014 -- AKL Jambo House October 2014 -- VWL May 2014--SSR October 2013--AKL/Kidani June 2013--CBR October 2012--BWI June 2012--AKV Jambo House/Kidani Village June 2011 -- November 2010 Beach Club -- June 2010 Beach Club -- October 2009 CBR and Gaylord Palms -- June 2009 AKV/Kidani Village -- June 2008 VWL --June 2007 OKW--June 2006 Disney Wonder/SSR -- June 2005 SSR -- June 2004 VWL -- June 2003 AKL -- August 1997 Off Property -- March 1980 Cocoa Beach