PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums - View Single Post - After fireworks dessert party now an option at the Magic Kingdom
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 03:51 PM   #15
CinderAbby
Community Rank: Legend

Concierge Level: 3

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvercat View Post
I got a reply from Disney (quite quickly, I was pleasantly surprised!). They have said to me that "each party will have their own, designated location, which should not cause crowding". I am taking that to mean that they will use both sides of the gardens then, as the FP+ for the firework showing was discontinued a while ago now.

If this does indeed prove to be the case, then that is a big relief! We should have known that Disney wouldn't have introduced a new event without thinking it through properly. And although we would prefer the earlier dessert party, it will be nice to have the choice of a later one should we decide to do this again in the future.
I'm glad you got an answer but as for not thinking it through, I think some of that happened as they amended they original announcement through the blog site to say this

Quote:
UPDATE 5/21 There is a limited number of guest reservations for the new After Fireworks Dessert Party to ensure that everyone viewing fireworks from the Plaza Garden area will have plenty of space and great views that we know are so important.
It's too bad that the answer they gave you says they'll use both sides but their site doesn't. It use to be Plaza East and West which they could still distinguish and tell people that - this party goes here, that party there in case people actually have a preference as to which side they get. I just want less crowds hence booking the dessert party.
My Previous TripsAll WDW - July 1980 off property - July 1981 FW - July 1983 FW - July 1985 FW - August 1987 FW - July 1988 Treehouse Villas - July 1990 Treehouse Villas - July 1997 FW - August 2006 AS Sports, 1st time with DH and DD - August 2008 AS Sports - August 2009 AS Sports - August 2010 AS Sports - July 2011 AS Sports - August 2013 AS Music - August 2014 AS Music - August 2015 AS Music - August 2016 AS Music - August 2018 AS Music, Kate (lovewdw2) joined us for the weekend