PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums - View Single Post - I'm going to Disney World!
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2018, 06:27 PM   #13
joelsmom
Community Rank: Trailblazer

Post Thanks / Like
Best wishes on your upcoming trip!

As for new stuff, there’s a ton of it! We love Star Wars, and the new fireworks/laser/projection show at DHS is terrific. If you like characters, and are a SW fan, they have a Kylo Ren “encounter,” because he appears menacing and brooding, not so friendly. Chewbacca is much more fun loving. As Dot said, if you aren’t into SW, DHS might not be as big a deal for you, but the Toy Story Land addition will be brand new when you are there. It should be loads of fun to see.

The Fantasyland expansion is impressive. We enjoy Enchanted Tales with Belle, a new experience. We also like the new Little Mermaid ride, and the wait there is usually pretty reasonable. It’s a non-thrill ride, for sure, basically just a journey through the story.

At Animal Kingdom, Pandora is new, replacing Camp Minnie-Mickey. Since you’re not interested in thrill rides, you would want to stick to the Na’vi River Journey, a boat ride.

Epcot now has Frozen Ever After, replacing Maelstrom.

Food...Our favorites are Crystal Palace at MK, Tusker House at AK, not much of anything at DHS, and so many at Epcot. If you like Italian, Via Napoli has the best pizza I’ve ever eaten, and Tutto Italia is a lovely upscale Italian eatery. But really, the variety of food at Epcot is wonderful. We could eat there every night.

Downtown Disney is now Disney Springs, and you’ll hardly recognize it. The Marketplace is still there, but the rest is almost all new stuff. The bus stop is even at a different location.

Hoping you have a great trip!!
My Previous TripsDL off-site June 1979, WDW off-site Sept 1985, All-Star Movies May 2002, All-Star Music June 2007, All-Star Sports May 2009, Pop Century June 2010, Coronado Springs October 2011, All-Star Sports May/June 2012, Pop Century May/June 2013, All-Star Movies October 2013, Tropicana Inn at Disneyland Resort June 2014, All-Star Music May 2015, All-Star Sports June 2016, All-Star Movies October 2016, Pop Century May/June 2017, All-Star Sports March 2018