PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums - View Single Post - Earful tower moving to Disney Springs?
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2016, 06:05 PM   #1
CinderAbby
Community Rank: Legend

Concierge Level: 3

Post Thanks / Like
Earful tower moving to Disney Springs?

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2016/01/rumor-...-earful-tower/

It certainly sounds plausible but I just don't know. It would make sense on one hand - they already have a water tower, why build another - but on the other hand it doesn't. Either I have a faulty memory or this guy is talking about something that hasn't been happening.

Quote:
Based on the amount of recycling we’ve seen from Walt Disney Imagineering the last few years with larger props from extinct attractions, I can imagine a scenario where the Disney Springs water tower is built from the remains of the Earful Tower.
The only things I remember being mentioned as being recycled were some of the animatronics from Snow White but that's been done before supposedly (I guess some of the animatronics in Splash Mountain are from Disneyland Sings or whatever the carousel show was they had in DL). I don't remember anything else as being recycled - and not "larger props"
My Previous TripsAll WDW - July 1980 off property - July 1981 FW - July 1983 FW - July 1985 FW - August 1987 FW - July 1988 Treehouse Villas - July 1990 Treehouse Villas - July 1997 FW - August 2006 AS Sports, 1st time with DH and DD - August 2008 AS Sports - August 2009 AS Sports - August 2010 AS Sports - July 2011 AS Sports - August 2013 AS Music - August 2014 AS Music - August 2015 AS Music - August 2016 AS Music - August 2018 AS Music, Kate (lovewdw2) joined us for the weekend