1/2 Anni & My Birthday Trip in May - PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums
PassPorter.com
Award-winning travel guidebooks

guidebooks   |   news   |   podcasts   |   boards   |   blog   |   worksheets   |   photos   |   articles   |   updates   |   register   |   follow us on

Forums Closed
As of January 1, 2019, we have closed our forums. This is a decision we did not come to lightly, but it is necessary. The software our forums run on is just too out-of-date and it poses a significant security risk. The server software itself must be updated, and it cannot be without removing the forums.

So it is with a heavy heart that we say goodbye to our long-running forums. They came online in 2000 and brought together so many wonderful Disney fans. We had friendships form, careers launch, couples marry, children born ... all because of this amazing community.

Thank you to each of you who were a part of this community. You made it possible.

And a very special thank you to our Guides (moderators), past and present, who kept our forums a happy place to be. You are the glue that held everything together, and we are forever grateful to you. Thank you aliceinwdw, Caldercup, MrsM, WillCAD, Fortissimo, GingerJ, HiddenMickey, CRCrazy, Eeyoresmom, disneyknut, disneydani, Cam22, chezp, WDWfan, Luvsun, KMB733, rescuesk, OhToodles!, Colexis Mom, lfredsbo, HiddenMickey, DrDolphin, DopeyGirl, duck addict, Disneybine, PixieMichele, Sandra Bostwick, Eeyore Tattoo, DyanKJ130, Suzy Q'Disney, LilMarcieMouse, AllisonG, Belle*, Chrissi, Brant, DawnDenise, Crystalloubear, Disneymom9092, FanOfMickey, Goofy4Goofy, GoofyMom, Home4us123, iamgrumpy, ilovedisney247, Jennifer2003, Jenny Pooh, KrisLuvsDisney, Ladyt, Laughaholic88, LauraBelle Hime, Lilianna, LizardCop, Loobyoxlip, lukeandbrooksmom, marisag, michnash, MickeyMAC, OffKilter_Lynn, PamelaK, Poor_Eeyore, ripkensnana, RobDVC, SHEANA1226, Shell of the South, snoozin, Statelady01, Tara O'Hara, tigger22, Tink and Co., Tinkerbelz, WDWJAMBA, wdwlovers, Wendyismyname, whoSEZ, WildforWD, and WvuGrrrl. You made the magic.

We want to personally thank Sara Varney, who coordinated our community for many years (among so many other things she did for us), and Cheryl Pendry, our Message Board Manager who helped train our Guides, and Ginger Jabour, who helped us with the PassPorter-specific forums and Live! Guides. Thank you for your time, energy, and enthusiasm​. You made it all happen.

There are other changes as well.

Why? Well, the world has changed. And change with it, we must. The lyrics to "We Go On" for IllumiNations say it best:

We go on to the joy and through the tears
We go on to discover new frontiers
Moving on with the current of the years.
We go on
Moving forward now as one
Moving on with a spirit born to run
Ever on with each rising sun.
To a new day, we go on.

It's time to move on and move forward.

PassPorter is a small business, and for many years it supported our family. But the world changed, print books took a backseat to the Internet, and for a long time now it has been unable to make ends meet. We've had to find new ways to support our family, which means new careers and less and less time available to devote to our first baby, PassPorter.

But eventually, we must move on and move forward. It is the right thing to do.

So we are retiring this newsletter, as we simply cannot keep up with it. Many thanks to Mouse Fan Travel who supported it all these years, to All Ears and MousePlanet who helped us with news, to our many article contributors, and -- most importantly -- to Sara Varney who edited our newsletter so wonderfully for years and years.

And we are no longer charging for the Live Guides. If you have a subscription, it's yours to keep for the lifetime of the Live Guides at no additional cost. The Live Guides will stay online, barring server issues and technical problems, for all of 2019.

That said, PassPorter is not going away. Most of the resources will remain online for as long as we can support them, and after that we will find ways to make whatever we can available. PassPorter means a great deal to us, and to many of you, and we will do our best to keep it alive in whatever way we can. Our server costs are high, and they'll need to come out of our pockets, so in the future you can expect some changes so we can bring those costs down.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your amazing support over the years. Without you, there's no way us little guys could have made something like this happen and given the "big guys" a run for their money. PassPorter was consistently the #3 guidebook after the Unofficial and Official guides, which was really unheard of for such a small company to do. We ROCKED it thanks to you and your support and love!

If you miss us, you can still find some of us online. Sara started a new blog at DisneyParkPrincess.com -- I strongly urge you to visit and get on her mailing list. She IS the Disney park princess and knows Disney backward and forward. And I am blogging as well at JenniferMaker.com, which is a little craft blog I started a couple of years ago to make ends meet. You can see and hear me in my craft show at https://www.youtube.com/c/jennifermaker . Many PassPorter readers and fans are on Facebook, in groups they formed like the PassPorter Trip Reports and PassPorter Crafting Challenge (if you join, just let them know you read about it in the newsletter). And some of our most devoted community members started a forum of their own at Pixie Dust Lane and all are invited over.

So we encourage you to stay in touch with us and your fellow community members wherever works best for you!

Best wishes for a wonderful and magical new year!

Go Back   PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Planning Your Adventure: Your Plans for Walt Disney World > Disney for Adults
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

Old 01-17-2008, 11:42 AM   #1
pcjenn
Community Rank: Traveler

Post Thanks / Like
1/2 Anni & My Birthday Trip in May - NEED HELP!

Hi everyone, I have a quick question. My husband and I are going to Disney from 5/24-6/1. My birthday is the 24th. We just got married in Disney in November. But we won't be able to get back for our anniversary. So we're taking advantage of our APs then.

Does anyone have any idea when the AP rates come out for that time? Also how much it would be for a room at like Coronado Springs?

Anyone have any experience at Coronado Springs. My husband and I have stayed at OKW, BW, ASSports, CB. I have stayed at ASM, POR, POFQ, in addition to those places. It would be our first time staying there, I've heard mixed reviews. But it's where he really wants to stay.

My Previous TripsFrom 1982-2000 - I've been more times than I can count. About once a year. WDW April 1998- Magic Music Days with HS Marching Band, WDW College Program Fall 2001, WDW May 2003- Girls Mother's Day Trip, WDW Aug 2005 My husband and my first vacation together, WDW Dec 2006 - Our DFTW Planning Session Trip, WDW Nov 2007 (for our Disney Fairy Tale Wedding)

Last edited by pcjenn; 04-22-2008 at 03:43 PM..

Old 01-17-2008, 01:22 PM   #2
Colexis Mom
RED SOX NATION!!
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Concierge Level: 9

Post Thanks / Like
Check out Mousesavers for when discounts have been released in the past MouseSavers.com - Historical Information on Walt Disney World Resort Discounts
My Previous TripsAUG '16 - POFQ, APR '12 - POFQ, JUL '10 - DL, AUG '09 - DCL Western, AUG '08 - POFQ/BC, AUG '06 - AKL/BC/DisneyWonder/Poly, DEC '05 - AKL, APR '05 - AKL/BC, DEC '04 - AKL, MAY '04 - AKL/BC, MAY '03 - WL/BC, MAY '98 -offsite, MAY '94 - BC, AUG '85 - Poly, AUG '83 - Poly, AUG '81 - Poly, JUL '79 - World Inn, JUL '76 - World Inn

Old 01-17-2008, 03:19 PM   #3
wdwlovers
Community Rank: Legend

Post Thanks / Like
Just wanted to add my welcome! I adore your sig photos! Absolutely beutiful!
Any chance you'd put together a little trip report with photos for this forum, and future couples who'd be planning a DFTW?

Counting down to....
May 2017 - Poly (Grandma's 1st Trip to WDW)
Sept 2017 - DH's bday celebration
Aug 2018 - DCL Family cruise on the Dream
My Countdown Counting down to: Adults Only Winter Getaway
Wheeeee!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsJune 1992-offsite, Sept 1998-Honeymoon at WL, Dec 2000 CBR, April 2001-offsite, Aug 2002-AS Sports, May 2004 Mother/Daughter trip w/ my mom AKL&CBR, Jan 2005-Graduation trip AKL&CBR, May 2008-POR, Aug 2008-AS Movies, Jan 2011-AS Sports, June 2012-SSR Treehouse Villa, Dec 2012-SSR Treehouse Villa, May 2013-SSR/AKV, Feb 2014-OKW, July 2014-POFQ, Feb 2015-BCV, Feb 2016-Poly & Disney Magic DCL, Sept 2016-Poly, Oct 2016-Poly

Last edited by wdwlovers; 01-17-2008 at 03:21 PM..

Old 01-19-2008, 07:18 AM   #4
pcjenn

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks I will definitely check out mousesavers.

Denise- I'd be happy to. I am in the process of my trip report on other forums at the moment. Would you like a trip report from my planning session as well? I'd be happy to help in any way that i can!

My Previous TripsFrom 1982-2000 - I've been more times than I can count. About once a year. WDW April 1998- Magic Music Days with HS Marching Band, WDW College Program Fall 2001, WDW May 2003- Girls Mother's Day Trip, WDW Aug 2005 My husband and my first vacation together, WDW Dec 2006 - Our DFTW Planning Session Trip, WDW Nov 2007 (for our Disney Fairy Tale Wedding)

Old 01-19-2008, 07:51 AM   #5
retiredkid

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcjenn View Post
Thanks I will definitely check out mousesavers.

Denise- I'd be happy to. I am in the process of my trip report on other forums at the moment. Would you like a trip report from my planning session as well? I'd be happy to help in any way that i can!
please, please please....its looks wonderful

Old 01-19-2008, 09:12 AM   #6
pcjenn

Post Thanks / Like
Should I be posting the recaps from the wedding trip in the Trip Report section, or in the Wedding section?? My trip report from the planning session trip is all completed and up in the Trip Report section.

Old 03-25-2008, 10:00 AM   #7
pcjenn

Post Thanks / Like
Alright, much to update here!

Well we originally booked at Coronado Springs, and hoped that once we get a passholder discount that we'd be okay with the $1600 for 8 nights. Then we realized, since we're there during a holiday- there may be no discount.

With that being said we looked into what it would be to have a Dining Plan, and how much money we'd save that way, vs. our Dining Experience card with our APs. Well once it was added up, our travel agent said it was $2400 total with the room and Dining Plan, HOWEVER- that if we wanted to do the Dining Plan and stay at Pop Century- it would be $1600.

We liked that price better, and opted to go for it. Figuring as $600 for the both of us for food the whole time we're there, when we could spend $100-$150 on dinner a night- easy. We decided it was def. for us, even if just this once! I'm pretty psyched about it and have all of our reservations set up, including a fake one so that I can fool Billy.

I am surprising him, actually it magically ended up being that the only night they could work it out for us happens to be the anniversary of the day he proposed to me. So that is when it will be. We are going to be at UK Pubside at 7am, for a special private dinner and dessert with prime viewing of Illuminations. I'm very pleased with the results, as I've seen in several places they can't do hot food or dinners- but when I was speaking with my planner, Epcot approved it. We are having ceasar salad, petite penne with shrimp in spicy marinara for app, then surf and turf for dinner with a little dessert tray. It's about $300 total for all of that (including small party fee) which isn't bad in my book. We could spend that at Shula's!!!

Old 03-28-2008, 10:29 AM   #8
j4crew
Community Rank: Trekker

Post Thanks / Like
Sounds great!!! We love CSR!!! WE stayed there 2 yrs ago and will again this June!! It is more spread out then some....BUT I love being about to walk around the lake!! Of course we have boys, and they love the Dig site with the slide

We will be arriving that WEd after you are leaving

The Pepper Market there is fun also with lots of food too choose from!!

Have fun planning!!

My Countdown Counting down to: WDW-May 2010
Having fun at WDW
My Previous Trips1st Family trip to Disney-June 2006-CSR, June 2008-CSR, Next up-May 2010

Old 03-29-2008, 01:16 PM   #9
pcjenn

Post Thanks / Like
I am sooooo bad, I can't beleive I haven't updated this (well I can believe it.... the days run into weeks, etc.) SO much has changed.

We have changed our reservation and we'll be going to stay at Pop Century. We were able to add the dining plan, as Annual Passholders can do this for a "room only reservation" now. So it was $1600 just for the stay at Coronado Springs about $2400 with the Dining Plan. For Pop Century our rate was $1600 with the dining plan and the stay for 8 nights. ALthought I don't want to really stay at a value, I heard that this one is the best, and honestly it allows me some more freedom with money to do more things!

With the Dining Plan- here's our plans for meals, I also put the Tour in there too.

Sunday, May 25- Le Cellier Lunch

Monday, May 26 - Donald's Breakfastosaurus at Tusker Character Breakfast and then Yak & Yeti Dinner

Tuesday, May 27- Mama Melrose Dinner 6pm **** This is when his special dinner is, I had to throw him off somehow****

We will be having a special spot at UK Pubside for a Private Dinner. It is $285, we will get there around 7. That includes the $50 small party fee. I'm soooo super psyched.
The Menu:
Ceasar Salad

Petit Penne Pasta with Shrimp and Spicy Marinara Sauce with Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese

Seared Beef Filet and Truffle Demi paired with Split Maine Lobster Tail and Tarragon Sherry Cream Sauce Wilted Greens and Duchess Potato Plank, Rolls with Butter, Coffees and Teas

Assorted Miniature Dessert Platter.

Wednesday, May 28 - Biergarten

Thursday, May 29- 'Ohanas (thankfully this time I can eat, since for our rehearsal dinner I was soooo sick, fever, bad sore throat.)

Friday, May 30 - 9:00 Keys to the Kingdom Tour - then LTT for Dinner (tradition to go every trip)

Saturday, May 31- Cape May Cafe Dinner

Sunday, June 1- Chef Mickey's Breakfast

We actually booked this through a travel agent- which we never do. My mom has gone through The Magic For Less... so we did as well. She used them about 3 times, even for our wedding. Well in our confirmation e-mail it said that we're getting:

Magic Your Way Package Extras

~ $15 Planet Hollywood certificate for food, non-alcoholic beverage and souvenir merchandise keepsake (one per room)
~ Miniature golf certificate valid for one round of miniature golf (one per room)
~ Certificate for 90 minutes of Sea Raycer fun when you buy 60 minutes
~ One Walt Disney Travel Company commemorative luggage tag per person
~ One “How To” Guide, included with your final documents

We were planning on def. doing the Sea Raycer, I think we may do that on Saturday after breakfast at Chef Mickeys actually. We have done them from OKW around DTD in the past, I'd love to do it on the 7 Seas Lagoon- so we can go around the WP and what not. We will probably do the minature golf too.

We are both so much looking forward to spending 9 days and 8 nights in the World!!! Ahhhh esp. since we didn't get to do much on our wedding trip!

Old 03-29-2008, 01:30 PM   #10
Colexis Mom
RED SOX NATION!!
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Concierge Level: 9

Post Thanks / Like
Great plans
My Previous TripsAUG '16 - POFQ, APR '12 - POFQ, JUL '10 - DL, AUG '09 - DCL Western, AUG '08 - POFQ/BC, AUG '06 - AKL/BC/DisneyWonder/Poly, DEC '05 - AKL, APR '05 - AKL/BC, DEC '04 - AKL, MAY '04 - AKL/BC, MAY '03 - WL/BC, MAY '98 -offsite, MAY '94 - BC, AUG '85 - Poly, AUG '83 - Poly, AUG '81 - Poly, JUL '79 - World Inn, JUL '76 - World Inn

Old 03-31-2008, 10:11 AM   #11
pcjenn

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks so much. We are both REALLY REALLY looking forward to getting away and really enjoying the world again. Although we were there for the wedding- we literally went to 2 parks and only on 1 ride. So before that we went for our planning session, only had about 2-3 days in the parks... but before that it was 2 years prior- our first Vaca together- it was in August, and Hurricaine Charley came. But we did have a good time. So it'll be nice to get there- no rental car, and just explore and enjoy. We're so thrilled.

Old 03-31-2008, 10:18 AM   #12
wdwlovers

Post Thanks / Like
Enjoy your trip Jenn!

Counting down to....
Wheeeee!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsJune 1992-offsite, Sept 1998-Honeymoon at WL, Dec 2000 CBR, April 2001-offsite, Aug 2002-AS Sports, May 2004 Mother/Daughter trip w/ my mom AKL&CBR, Jan 2005-Graduation trip AKL&CBR, May 2008-POR, Aug 2008-AS Movies, Jan 2011-AS Sports, June 2012-SSR Treehouse Villa, Dec 2012-SSR Treehouse Villa, May 2013-SSR/AKV, Feb 2014-OKW, July 2014-POFQ, Feb 2015-BCV, Feb 2016-Poly & Disney Magic DCL, Sept 2016-Poly, Oct 2016-Poly

Old 04-22-2008, 03:27 PM   #13
pcjenn

Post Thanks / Like
So the contract and beo have been signed and submitted with payment- which has cleared my bank account. I now need some help with ideas of little things I can do leading up to the surprise, like hints? Any ideas?? I know Sarah has done something in the past. Anyone?

Here's the current plans:

Saturday, May 24th - MY BIRTHDAY DAY!!!!!!
Spirit Airlines
5:30pm - Depart Atlantic City
7:45pm - Arrive Orlando
Flight NK303

Resort: Pop Century - we requested the 50's building 3rd or 4th floor and a fridge.

Hopefully one of my great friends -Tiffani and Harlan will be staying through that weekend. She is a Disney Bride I met on a board that helped me tons, she is like a fl. version of myself. They have their anniversary cruise and get back that Friday (day before) If so- we plan on meeting up. Most likely Raglan Road. Keep your fingers crossed that we will get to meet up- it would be nice to celebrate both our birthdays.

Sunday, May 25

We'll probably most likely head to MK in the am (it has to be my first park and last park)

Then head over to Epcot.

2:20pm - ADR
Le Cellier
Canada - Epcot

Monday, May 26 - Animal Kingdom Day

9:05am - Breakfast ADR
Tusker House
Africa - Animal Kingdom

6:00pm - Supper ADR
Yak & Yeti
Asia - Animal Kingdom

Tuesday, May 27 - SURPRISE DAY!!!!

I would like to try and figure out some sort of scavenger hunt for him that day, that would give hints and lead him to our location. Of course starting in the morning, and coming back to shower and get ready then go to the location. I need some help with that.

We have our private party scheduled at the UK Pubside for 7:00pm I believe.

Menu:
Ceasar Salad

Petit Penne Pasta with Shrimp and Spicy Marinara Sauce with Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese

Seared Beef Filet and Red Wine Demi paired with Split Maine Lobster Tail and Tarragon Sherry Cream Sauce Wilted Greens and Duchess Potato Plank, Rolls with Butter, Coffees and Teas

Assorted Miniature Dessert Platter.

Wednesday, May 28

No real plans, other than going to Biergarten- it was the one place that Billy really wanted to go to. I don't know why? He's so weird.

6:55pm - Supper ADR
Biergarten
Germany - Epcot

Thursday, May 29

No real plans that day, probably head to MGM for the day.

7:40pm - Supper ADR
'Ohana
Polynesian Resort

Friday, May 30- WOOHOO KEYS TO THE KINGDOM!
8:45am - MK Tour
Keys to the Kingdom
Conf #: 50129429

7:05pm - Supper ADR
Cape May Cafe
Beach Club Resort

After dinner we'll probably head back to MK as I believe they have EMH.

Saturday, May 31 SHIRA AND CHRIS DAY! (friends of ours that live down there- I met her on one of my Disney Bride boards)

Gaff's and the Burns hang out all day!

4:15- Supper ADR
Liberty Tree Tavern
Liberty Square- Magic Kingdom

Sunday, June 1- SAD PANDA DAY! We have to go home.
8:30am - Breakfast ADR
Chef Mickey's
Contemporary Resort

Spirit Airlines
7:30pm - Depart Orlando
9:45pm - Arrive Atlantic City
Flight NK304

So from here on out I'm going to plan on doing something every weekend as a "hint"

Here's the plan so far:

This Saturday- I'm going to make him ENGLISH muffins - make 1 and a half, put them in the shape of a Mickey Head. I'll write a little note that says;

"To my Love Muffin, I'm looking forward to our special vacation, less than a month to go"

Then the following Saturday- I'm going to make him Mickey Head Pancakes, with some ENGLISH Breakfast Tea- and write a note saying.

"Boo Bear (yes that's a nickname for him) I'm looking forward to brewing something special on our vacation"

Then the following weekend he is going away on the Annual Gaffney Men Fishing Trip. So I was thinking of buying a 6 pack of English beer for him to bring with him. With a little note- but I don't know what to say.

Then I have one more weekend - I haven't figured out what to do. We will be in the city on Friday night- going to the Phillies game with the in laws, then on Saturday at Finnegan's Wake for a Police Benefit til about 5. So I was thinking of taking him to an English Bar in the city- Dark Horse, and maybe grab dinner- I think they serve food there. I'm not entirely sure.

So I'd like to then figure out what to do for Saturday (my birthday), Sunday, Monday as clues to lead up to a potential Scavanger Hunt on Tuesday.

Old 04-22-2008, 03:28 PM   #14
pcjenn

Post Thanks / Like
I do have the Treasure Hunt Passporter, I plan to consult that this evening!

Old 04-27-2008, 11:46 AM   #15
wdwlovers

Post Thanks / Like
Those plans sound terrific Jenn! We'll miss each other by a week or so.

Counting down to....
Wheeeee!
My PassPorter Bookshelf