room only reservation and a magic your way plus dining package reservation....will we have to switch rooms? - PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums
PassPorter.com
Award-winning travel guidebooks
Thank you to our forum sponsor:

guidebooks   |   news   |   podcasts   |   boards   |   blog   |   worksheets   |   photos   |   articles   |   updates   |   register   |   follow us on

Go Back   PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Planning Your Adventure: Your Plans for Walt Disney World
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

Forum Sponsor: Mouse Fan Travel™
Learn Why PassPorter Recommends This Sponsor

Old 02-15-2017, 11:56 AM   #1
DsnyDiva
Community Rank: Jetsetter

Concierge Level: 9

Post Thanks / Like
room only reservation and a magic your way plus dining package reservation....will we have to switch rooms?

Hi,

SO I have a room only reservation on Thursday August 10th and a Magic your way plus dining reservation on Friday August 11th. Same resort. I'm not sure but will I have to change rooms on Friday or will I be able to keep the same room for the entire duration of our August trip. We booked free dining with the bounce back when we there in August but the date didn't start until the 11th and we are flying in on the 10th so needed the room only for 1 night.

I'm not sure if I can note it on the online check in at the time or if I should just mention it at the front desk when we arrive. I really don't know as we have never had to book this way. can anyone help?

thank you

Deck 11 on The Disney Dream
Renee'
My Countdown Counting down to: Family vacation for 4, Yeah!
44 days, 19 hours, 11 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsMarch 2004 (off Resort) April 2010, Dh & I , Pop Century, August 2011 , Family vacation, 4 plus 1, Pop Century, August 2012 , Family Vacation, 3 plus 1 , at POR, August 2013, A trip for two DH & I , Pop Century, August 2014, Family trip ,POP Century and Disney Dream, November 2015, because DH said so, DH&I ..Yippe! All Star Music August 2016, family fun of 4 , at Caribbean Beach Resort , August 2017, a trip for 4 plus 2, family fun at All Star Sports

Old 02-15-2017, 01:59 PM   #2
CherryTreeLane
Community Rank: Wayfarer

Post Thanks / Like
If you call they will note it on your reservation. It's very likely that you'll be in the same room (but not a guarantee).
I've done this a few times and all but one time we kept the same room.
(calling ahead of time seems to be the key)

My Countdown Counting down to: 1 yr until 25th Anniversary trip
1182 days, 20 hours, 11 minutes
My Previous Trips1972, 1982, Mar. 1999, Nov. 2007, Oct. 2008, Jan. 2009 (solo), Jan 2010, Dec 2015

Old 02-15-2017, 05:59 PM   #3
DsnyDiva

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryTreeLane View Post
If you call they will note it on your reservation. It's very likely that you'll be in the same room (but not a guarantee).
I've done this a few times and all but one time we kept the same room.
(calling ahead of time seems to be the key)
Do I just call the regular Disney world phone number? Who do I ask to speak too? How far ahead should I call?

Thank you for your help

Renee'
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsMarch 2004 (off Resort) April 2010, Dh & I , Pop Century, August 2011 , Family vacation, 4 plus 1, Pop Century, August 2012 , Family Vacation, 3 plus 1 , at POR, August 2013, A trip for two DH & I , Pop Century, August 2014, Family trip ,POP Century and Disney Dream, November 2015, because DH said so, DH&I ..Yippe! All Star Music August 2016, family fun of 4 , at Caribbean Beach Resort , August 2017, a trip for 4 plus 2, family fun at All Star Sports

Old 02-15-2017, 07:02 PM   #4
Disney Dork
Community Rank: Trekker

Post Thanks / Like
You call the same number you would call to book a vacation. I would just call as soon as you get a chance and have it noted. We had the same scenario once and were able to stay in the same room.
My Previous TripsASMo 1995, Honeymoon split stay CBR,OKW & GF 1998, ASMo 2000, 1st WDW trip with kids OKW 2006, AS Movies Dec. 2008, Pop w/ sister Spring 2010, CBR Aug, 2010, Pop Aug 2011, Pop w/ sister Spring 2012, PO-FQ w/ 1 night splurge at BC Aug 2012, Poly Studio Villa thanks to an amazing discount! followed by 2 nights at AKL Aug 2015

Old 02-17-2017, 09:03 AM   #5
wheezie

Concierge Level: 6

Post Thanks / Like
I also told them at checkin. They made a few phone calls and it was a breeze.
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsOur first trip-November 2012 Coronado Springs :), Our "redo" trip November 2014 Coronado Springs :); Osborne Lights trip Nov/Dec 2015 ASMusic; Em's Sweet 16 trip November 2016 CBR

Old 02-17-2017, 09:02 PM   #6
DsnyDiva

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheezie View Post
I also told them at checkin. They made a few phone calls and it was a breeze.
Online checkin or athe the lobby when you arrived to check in?

Renee'
My PassPorter Bookshelf

Old 02-17-2017, 10:34 PM   #7
revral
Community Rank: Scout

Post Thanks / Like
Call and have them link the two reservations and add the request to keep the same room to both reservations. If you check in online make the same requests for both reservations. Then when you arrive at the hotel go the desk, without going to your room if you've checked in online and it's ready, tell them that you have a continuing reservation and ask if you have the same room for both. If you're told no ask if there is any way that you can keep the same room. If they can they'll arrange it so you can stay in your room the entire trip. I've made two trips that I've had continuing reservation during and both times I was able to stay in my original room although one of the times I had give up a complimentary upgrade to a preferred room to do it. If you are able to stay in your original room you'll still have to check out and then check back in but it's quick and easy.

Old 02-20-2017, 07:13 AM   #8
DsnyDiva

Post Thanks / Like
thank you everyone, I called and it was easy now I hope it definitely works out when we arrive.

Renee'
My PassPorter Bookshelf

Old 02-20-2017, 07:14 AM   #9
DsnyDiva

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by revral View Post
Call and have them link the two reservations and add the request to keep the same room to both reservations. If you check in online make the same requests for both reservations. Then when you arrive at the hotel go the desk, without going to your room if you've checked in online and it's ready, tell them that you have a continuing reservation and ask if you have the same room for both. If you're told no ask if there is any way that you can keep the same room. If they can they'll arrange it so you can stay in your room the entire trip. I've made two trips that I've had continuing reservation during and both times I was able to stay in my original room although one of the times I had give up a complimentary upgrade to a preferred room to do it. If you are able to stay in your original room you'll still have to check out and then check back in but it's quick and easy.
I calle yesterday and this is exactly what the CM did. marked both as a continued reservation. I was just going to post about the online check in, exactly was I was supposed to do. Thank you for being ahead of me

Renee'
My PassPorter Bookshelf

Old 02-20-2017, 07:45 AM   #10
Kynna
Community Rank: Globetrotter

Post Thanks / Like
We have done this a few times where they link the reservations and although they make clear that they "can't guarantee" we keep the same room they always did. It doesn't make sense that they would switch you if you are in the exact same room class. One time we were split between a cash/DVC stay and housekeeping didn't come but that has been the biggest issue we ever ran in to.

Fun at Jambo House
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsDLR '82, WDW '89, '91, '95. POR'97,DLH'03, DLH'06, OKW Jan. & SSR June '08 VWL March 09, BWV Jan 10, VWL March '11, Branson MO June 2011, DLR Sept 2011, CBR/Tree House Adventure & Harry Potter Birthday Bash June 2012! Haunted Mansion holiday DLR Oct 2012, ASM & AKL June 2013, POP/BWV Spring Break 2014, Treehouse Christmas 2014, CSR/Wilderness Lodge Reunion June 2015, November 2015 Disneyland Diamond Anniversary, SSR Food & Wine 2016, BLT-Disney Cruise-CSR 2016

Old 03-01-2017, 10:18 AM   #11
DisneyWitch
Community Rank: Adventurer

Concierge Level: 5

Post Thanks / Like
I did this on my last trip and I'm doing it again in October. We tend to stay 15 days at WDW, one day more than MYW packages, so we do a 14 day package with a 1 day room only reservation.

WDW tries to keep people in the same room for the room-only reservations - that makes sense from a logistics / mousekeeping perspective too. My TA told me that although its not a guarantee, the majority of the time, you'll probably get to keep that same room. I was told that you might increase your odds of keeping the room by booking both reservations as early as you can so WDW isn't juggling someone who had already booked that room earlier.

~~ Magick is not just for vacations! ~~

My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW - May 2011 (POP), Oct/Nov 2012 (CBR), Dec 2014 (POFQ), Oct/Nov 2017 (POFQ)