What were your favorite Disney World moments? - PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums
PassPorter.com
Award-winning travel guidebooks

guidebooks   |   news   |   podcasts   |   boards   |   blog   |   worksheets   |   photos   |   articles   |   updates   |   register   |   follow us on

Go Back   PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Sharing the Adventure: Disney World Trip Reports
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

Old 05-03-2018, 11:01 PM   #1
Lollypopcorn
Community Rank: Passenger

Post Thanks / Like
Smile What were your favorite Disney World moments?

Hi! Sometimes at Disney World cast members or other guests will do random little things for you that can make the trip feel really special. Some people refer to this as 'pixie dust'
Has anything like this ever happened to you at Disney World? I love hearing other's Disney stories! Please share your favorite special Disney World moments here, thanks!

Old 05-04-2018, 12:11 PM   #2
Tabitha34
Community Rank: Trekker

Concierge Level: 7

Post Thanks / Like
This was not a "pixie dust" moment but it was magical none the less. In 2012 we took our daughter, age 5 at the time, for the first time that she would remember. She had been many times before but she was under the age of two for those trips. Our daughter is severely cognitively disabled and she rides in a wheelchair. Right before we went on this trip she fell in love with Minnie Mouse, sort of out of the blue. We really had no idea how she was going to do on the trip from rides to characters to dining, we had no clue. We quickly learned that she loved thrill rides and characters! We lucked out in finding that the meet and greet at MK for Mickey and Minnie at the front of Main Street was only a 5 minute wait so we jumped in that line. This would be her first M&G with either of them. The way that line was set up at the time, you could not see the family who was visiting with the characters unless you were basically next in line. There was a wall up blocking the view of the guests in the line. Our DD had been sitting in her stroller playing with stickers, making noises and just being herself for the whole time. People in line around her quickly realized she had special needs. Once we were next in line, I stood in front of her stroller so she could not see them. When it was our turn, I told her there was someone I wanted her to meet and then I got her out of her stroller. When I moved so she could see, she started jumping up and down and squealing. Then runs over and grabs their hands and starts dancing around with them and giving them nose kisses. It was so sweet and so magical! The people in line were all bunched up together so they could see. Everyone was so excited for her there were tears all around.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo0242FourBySix.jpg (38.8 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02998.jpg (50.8 KB, 15 views)

We Turned Her Into A Disney Lovin', Character Huggin', Thrill Ridin' Girl!l My First TR! Completed!

A Little Not So Scary Fun is Right Around The Corner
Fall 2014 PTR

~Tabitha~
My Countdown Counting down to: Our Next Trip to the World!
118 days, 18 hours, 19 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsFirst trip to WDW 1985, WDW Dec. 1991, WDW June 1997, Honeymoon WDW Dec. 1998, Cruise Oct. 1999, WDW Dec. 2000, Cruise Oct. 2003,WDW Dec. 2004 First trip with Son, WDW Oct. 2005, WDW Dec. 2005, WDW and Cruise Sept. 2006 First trip with Daughter, WDW First time staying on Property POR 1/28/12-2/4/12, WDW 10/28/14-11/4/14!

Old 05-04-2018, 06:03 PM   #3
CinderAbby
Community Rank: Legend

Concierge Level: 3

Post Thanks / Like
The moment that jumps to my mind right away is the year we checked in, got to our room and I sat down on the bed. The mattress was so broken down, I felt like I was going to go all the way to the floor. My husband has medical issues that includes his back and his hips and there was no way he was going to be able to use the mattress even for one night so we called Mousekeeping. Someone came right away and actually brought a bed board with him. He put it in the bed, had Lenny sit down and then stand up again and he knew right away it wasn't going to work. He said he would get a new mattress in there for us and that we could leave the room - which we did. When we got back - at something like 11 that night - we had a brand new box spring and mattress set in the room. It wasn't made up however (which is how we knew they were brand new - we could see all the tags were still on them ) and if I recall, they were leaning against the wall too we called Mousekeeping again. Someone came in and he had the bed back the way it should have been, including all the sheets in mere minutes. It was like watching a show he did it so fast and so well. This mattress was so comfortable that it was like sleeping at home the entire vacation. So yeah, for us getting a brand new bed set was a magical moment.

My Countdown Counting down to: If we can make it work, we're going
76 days, 9 hours, 19 minutes
My Previous TripsAll WDW - July 1980 off property - July 1981 FW - July 1983 FW - July 1985 FW - August 1987 FW - July 1988 Treehouse Villas - July 1990 Treehouse Villas - July 1997 FW - August 2006 AS Sports, 1st time with DH and DD - August 2008 AS Sports - August 2009 AS Sports - August 2010 AS Sports - July 2011 AS Sports - August 2013 AS Music - August 2014 AS Music - August 2015 AS Music - August 2016 AS Music

Old 05-04-2018, 08:11 PM   #4
Pax
Community Rank: Scout

Post Thanks / Like
In January of 2009, three of us were on our first trip together to WDW, staying in POP Century (which has become my favorite Value, now).

Our last night there, we had dinner at Chef Mickey's in the Contemporary. When it came time to get home, well, obviously there's no bus directly from one resort to another, so I figured "we'll just go to a park, or DTD, and immediately catch a bus back to POP". The first bus we saw that fit that plan was one to Animal Kingdom.

We were all so tired, none of us remembered AK closes MUCH earlier than the other parks. O_O We got to AK, and walked over to the POP century stop to wait for a bus ...... that would never have come. None of us had smartphones, and we didn't have the number for our resort, for Guest Services in general, nor for any taxi companies. We would have been stranded there for hours, and it would have been an unmitigated disaster casting a horrible shadow over the close of an otherwise-great vacation.

BUT WAIT .... Cast Member to the rescue: as she pulled out of the bus area, our bus driver (the only name I got from her was Tina) noticed we were just standing there, and pulled back around to find out if we were going to be heading to a car, or what. When we said no, we were going to take a bus to POP, she explained our error .... and as our faces showed signs of horror and early panic, just smiled and said "get back on the bus, I can take you to Pop Century no problem".

With that little thing - noticing we weren't heading into the parking lot, and taking the time to check back with us - she literally saved our last night on property. Possibly, saved our memories of the trip! <3

And yes, I made sure to express my extreme gratitude to Guest Services. I called them by phone, AND, I wrote them a letter explaining the above (plus details like date, time, and so forth).

Old 05-05-2018, 04:16 AM   #5
suzanne1972
Community Rank: Traveler

Post Thanks / Like
This is a bit long but I feel you need the story leading up ‘the moment’

My magical moment was on our first ever WDW trip in 2013. Our twin girls had recently turned 4 and it was our very first ever trip to America, first time girls on a plane etc (we’re from Scotland). This trip was a BIG deal!

We’d been to BBB and then went into get our pictures. I was sooo excited and spent the last 8/9 months or so imaging all the wonderful pictures we’d get!

Anyway DD-J went first and we got some wonderful pictures but DD-A wasn’t in the mood for getting her pictures taken and said she ‘had no smiles left’ and wasn’t happy at all

We didn’t pick any pictures to print off and asked if we could come back later as we had an ADR (our one and only for the whole trip) at Cinderellas Royal Table and the CM said yes. We were staying at Caribbean Beach on a free Quick Service dining plan so were really looking forward to a good sit down meal and meeting the princesses. (3 weeks of QS food, never again )

By this point I was trying to not be sad that it wasn’t working out as I’d imagined

We’d never done an ADR before, didn’t know how it all worked, where to go etc. We checked in and the CM gave me a slip of paper which I put in my pocket/bag/somewhere not realising I would need it later. When it was our turn for the picture with Cinderella another CM asked me for the slip of paper which I couldn’t find the more the CM was describing what the paper looked like the more flustered I was getting and ended up snapping ‘l know’ the her at which point she stepped back and said ‘I’ll leave you to find it mam’ it was all going horribly wrong
I found the paper and we got our picture with Cinders, DH holding one DD with her head buried into him, me standing looking frazzled with my other DD looking like she wanted to be anywhere but here!

We went upstairs and were put in a table in a dark corner, (I was probably flagged for being grumpy!) and did the best to enjoy our meal. Neither DD ate much and by this point all I was thinking was ‘this took months of planning, costing us ‘x’ amount etc. Why did we bother etc.

Then just before we were ready to leave our server came by with 2 cupcakes with candles in them and sang happy birthday to the girls and DD -A looked at me with her gorgeous wee face and said ‘this is the best birthday ever’ and I just melted and started to cry. All the stress of what had went before disappeared

We went back to get more pictures with everyone a lot more relaxed and we got some of our most favourite pictures of the girls ever!

That day I realised that I can’t force the girls to like/enjoy something and no matter how much I plan (and I’m still an avid planner ) whatever happens on the day happens an it’s the wee moments like the cupcake that makes the memories

Disneyland Paris approx 2004, Caribbean Beach April 2013, Polynesian May 2014, Old Key West October 2015, Wilderness Lodge Oct 2017, planning AKL Sept/Oct 2019 trip!
My Countdown Counting down to: 4 nights Universal then 14 nights at Wilderness Lodge (hopefully!!).
Off we go!!!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW Caribbean Beach Resort April 2013, Polynesian Resort 2014 OKW Oct 2015, Wilderness Lodge Oct 2017

Last edited by suzanne1972; 05-05-2018 at 05:24 AM..

Old 05-05-2018, 06:41 AM   #6
CinderAbby
Community Rank: Legend

Concierge Level: 3

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
all I was thinking was ‘this took months of planning, costing us ‘x’ amount etc. Why did we bother etc.
You are certainly not alone in having thoughts like this. There have been moments in previous vacations where I've thought the same exact thing and then something happens to turn my thoughts around.

My Countdown Counting down to: If we can make it work, we're going
76 days, 9 hours, 19 minutes
My Previous TripsAll WDW - July 1980 off property - July 1981 FW - July 1983 FW - July 1985 FW - August 1987 FW - July 1988 Treehouse Villas - July 1990 Treehouse Villas - July 1997 FW - August 2006 AS Sports, 1st time with DH and DD - August 2008 AS Sports - August 2009 AS Sports - August 2010 AS Sports - July 2011 AS Sports - August 2013 AS Music - August 2014 AS Music - August 2015 AS Music - August 2016 AS Music

Old 05-05-2018, 06:45 AM   #7
MichaelF
Community Rank: Explorer

Post Thanks / Like
We have had a lot of special moments at WDW but for some reason the one I remember most is the first ride we went on during the our first trip with all of kids. It was the Magic Carpets in MK. The entire trip was special and was the foundation for many more special trips to come. Now all of my kids are grown but they still enjoy a trip to WDW.

One thing I have always noticed at WDW is how well the Make a Wish kids are taken care of in the parks. I think Disney does a great job to provide them a wonderful experience that the deserve.

Old 05-14-2018, 08:23 PM   #8
Cam22
Batman's Gal/Mickey's Pal
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Concierge Level: 6

Post Thanks / Like
Such a beautiful story and memory! Thanks for sharing!
My Previous TripsAKL Jambo April/May 2017--SSR/OKW Sept/Oct 2016 --AKL Kidani May 2016 -- Polynesian Village Resort May 2015 -- OKW/Magic December 2014 -- AKL Jambo House October 2014 -- VWL May 2014--SSR October 2013--AKL/Kidani June 2013--CBR October 2012--BWI June 2012--AKV Jambo House/Kidani Village June 2011 -- November 2010 Beach Club -- June 2010 Beach Club -- October 2009 CBR and Gaylord Palms -- June 2009 AKV/Kidani Village -- June 2008 VWL --June 2007 OKW--June 2006 Disney Wonder/SSR -- June 2005 SSR -- June 2004 VWL -- June 2003 AKL -- August 1997 Off Property -- March 1980 Cocoa Beach

Old 05-15-2018, 11:57 AM   #9
Lilianna

Post Thanks / Like
I can't remember the name of the WDW Disney Studios show (see photo), but upon seeing my son's b-day button, a CM asked if he wanted his dad to be in the show. It's an experience none of us will forget!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg enhance.jpg (48.7 KB, 6 views)

My Countdown Counting down to: WDW!
6 days, 6 hours, 19 minutes
My Previous Trips(2 many 2 count b4 1994)~~DLR 5/1994~~DLR 11/1999~~WDW/Disney Cruise 10/2005~~DLR 4/2008~~DLR 10/2008~~DLR 5/2010~~DLR 3/2013~~DLR 4/2014~~DLR 11/2014

Old 05-15-2018, 06:19 PM   #10
MichaelF
Community Rank: Explorer

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilianna View Post
I can't remember the name of the WDW Disney Studios show (see photo), but upon seeing my son's b-day button, a CM asked if he wanted his dad to be in the show. It's an experience none of us will forget!
That was the Backlot Tour and one of our favorites too.

Old 05-15-2018, 07:33 PM   #11
Tara O'Hara

Concierge Level: 6

Post Thanks / Like
This is a really hard choice because we have had so many special moments at WDW!! One of my absolute favorites is the first time that we took our grandson with us. His first character encounter was with Stitch and Stitch was amazing!! My grandson was so excited to see him that he started jumping up and down. Stitch just started jumping up and down with him and seemed just as excited to see my grandson!!

Almost immediately after this magical encounter, my grandson wanted to stand in line for Snow White. She asked him if she could give him a kiss and left a lipstick mark on his cheek which he refused to clean for several days because he told us it was a magic kiss!! I captured this moment on my phone and he made me show it to him all week!

My Countdown Counting down to: Our Mystery Trip!!
70 days, 14 hours, 19 minutes

Old 05-16-2018, 11:07 AM   #12
mamajab
Community Rank: Jetsetter

Concierge Level: 4

Post Thanks / Like
We also have countless memories, but one of my favorites is from our first visit to the Magic Kingdom. DD was 4 and in love with Mickey and Minnie. She was so excited, we just had to stand in that insane line that used to be behind Mickey's house in the old Toon Town. When it was eventually our turn, she ran up and gave him a big hug. However, this giant mouse was too much for 2 year old DS, who couldn't be persuaded to get near enough for a picture. Mickey, very sweetly, knelt down and held out his ear for DS to touch. His mama was misty from the kindness, and our innumerous visits had begun.