Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.
To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.
Leaving Friday for 2 weeks in wdw! Yeah! Now my impacted wisdom tooth decided to flare up. Im over 50 & they never gave me a proplem. Dentist gave me pain medication with codine & antibiotic. Swelling was very bad...need to see oral surgeon for extraction. This was 3 days ago. Now, no meds yesterday because no pain. Still on antibiotic. But I'm wondering if I can wait , cancel surgery until 1st wk in June? What would you do?
Can you get them in to look at it and see if it can wait for the two weeks you are gone and schedule for your return? When was surgery scheduled for...sometime this week? Did they feel like you could take a trip afterward? Are you flying? Sometimes flying is painful to teeth.
Scheduled for this evening at 5. I was told most feel awful for 3 days...then add on "everyone's different". I'm really torn, I don't want to go on vacation in pain. I also don't want to wake up like I did Saturday.
Having had all four impacted wisdom teeth when I was 20, I can tell you that the pain I ended up in waiting for surgery to have them all removed was like nothing I've ever experienced again in my life - thank goodness. It was horrendous. No painkillers touched the pain and my advice ever since to anyone is just to get them taken care of.
In truth, there's no way of knowing if they will flare up again. They might, they might not, but if they do, you could easily be in agony. It's a tough choice. deciding and lots of for that tooth!
Get them out! I had one extracted when I was 40. It was lying on it's side and it took quite a bit of work to get it out. I was in pain for 2 days but then went back to work at a call center. Because of it's position, I had 4 stitches to contend with that made eating difficult. Otherwise, I could talk just fine and did everything I usually did without a problem. I didn't need anything beyond ibuprofen.
Ideally, I would try to postpone the vacation for at least 2 weeks and get the teeth removed. If you can't do that, then get the teeth removed before you go. You won't enjoy the vacation if you're constantly in fear of recurring pain.
Remember, everyone is different. Ask your dentist for advise. He (or she) would know best.
I would go ahead and go for it. That being said, I would discuss it with the doctor first, especially the flying part (if applicable). You might ask him if he will give you a prescription for a few extra pain meds just in case you have a little more pain flair up while on the trip after your surgery. Most people truly are fine after a few days.
I'd say get in there ASAP and get the suckers out. I think you'll recover just fine! A lot of folks feel worn out after, but you might be motivated enough by your upcoming trip to beat the curve on this one!
Did you call the oral surgeon? If it was that bad, they will most likely work you in as an emergency. You will need at least a full day to recover from the anesthetic and usually rest for 3 days after so you don't lose the clot. Not so sure about flying. If you don't get it out, it could complicate things as the flying can make things worse. I'd ask your dentist first thing tomorrow or call the oral surgeon. Keep on the antibiotics as that is what is controlling your swelling. If you don't get it out, you most likely will need additional antibiotics to continue to take while on vacation. Once you stop taking them the infection (swelling) can come back and you are back to square one. Good luck. I hope you are able to do what is best for you and enjoy your vacation
I'm living the dream 20 minutes from Disney! Next trip...tomorrow.