Are you okay the night before & crazy-thinking the day of your Disney Trip? - PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums
PassPorter.com
Award-winning travel guidebooks
Thank you to our forum sponsor:

guidebooks   |   news   |   podcasts   |   boards   |   blog   |   worksheets   |   photos   |   articles   |   updates   |   register   |   follow us on

Go Back   PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Planning Your Adventure: Your Plans for Walt Disney World
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

Forum Sponsor: Mouse Fan Travel™
Learn Why PassPorter Recommends This Sponsor

Old 07-12-2018, 09:14 AM   #1
lovewdw2
Community Rank: Jetsetter

Post Thanks / Like
Smile Are you okay the night before & crazy-thinking the day of your Disney Trip?

I am not sure what my brain is doing but it is on overload before & the day of...like I set both alarms on my cell (which is in the kitchen being charged) and my alarm clock. In case one of them decides to not work. Or the fact I sleep through them, which would be a NIGHTMARE! Go through my checklist and make sure I have everything including money, credit cards, Boarding pass, Magic Bands, itinerary ...etc.

The day of consists me getting up BEFORE the alarms go off. This is when my Hyper anxiousness kicks in to high speed..just that I have to make sure multiple times that I have all essentials with me. (Of course it doesn't help the fact I have had dreams where I forgot it! Grr!) Driving to the airport, parking the car, getting dropped off at the airport, checking luggage, going through security, sitting at the gate, boarding the plane, finding the seats, and finally the plane takes off. All this hyper anxiety doesn't stop UNTIL the plane lands in Orlando...

Do you feel the same or are you much more calm than me?

Tell me how you are before & the day of your Disney Trip!....

Thank you for your Participating!
305 days, 17 hours, 18 minutes
My Previous Trips1994 Dixie Landings, 1998 All Star Music, 2000 All Star Movies, 2002 Contemporary, 2003 Caribbean Beach, 2004 Outside WDW, 2005 Caribbean Beach, 2006 All Star Sports, 2007 Coronado Springs, 2008 Beach Club, 2012 Wilderness Lodge, 2013 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 Caribbean Beach, 2015 Boardwalk Inn, 2015 Pop Century, 2016 Disneyland, 2017 Port Orleans French Quarter, 2018 Boardwalk Inn!

Old 07-12-2018, 11:05 AM   #2
revral
Community Rank: Scout

Post Thanks / Like
I've done too much traveling to get as worked up as you do. That said; I do check multiple times to make sure I have the critical items (travel documents, wallet stuff & if needed passport) and if I have to be at the airport early I don't much if any sleep for fear of oversleeping and missing the airport shuttle and/or my flight.

Old 07-12-2018, 11:53 AM   #3
chezp
PassPorter Message Board Manager
PassPorter Guide Author

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Concierge Level: 3

Post Thanks / Like
Usually the night before for us means an early morning flight out to the States and neither of us ever sleep that well, I think because we always worry that no matter how many alarm calls we set (and trust me, if we're in a hotel room, we set more than one just in case ) that a) we won't hear them/b) they won't go off, so we never sleep particularly well. It's not really thinking of Disney, it's more worry about getting there, if that makes sense?

My Countdown Counting down to: Meeting friends to see the sights in Canterbury
3 days, 15 hours, 18 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous Trips21 trips to WDW, 6 to Disneyland in California, 9 to Disneyland Paris, 1 to Hong Kong Disneyland, 1 to Tokyo Disney, 1 to Aulani, 1 to Hilton Head, 2 to Vero Beach and 11 Disney cruises on the Magic, Wonder, Dream and Fantasy

Old 07-12-2018, 11:58 AM   #4
Lumieregirl
Community Rank: Globetrotter

Post Thanks / Like
I have paper lists, lists in my phone, reminders in my phone, alarms in my phone and regular clock ... and even then my mind keeps coming up with new things. It's nonstop, and I wish I could just relax.

Old 07-12-2018, 01:35 PM   #5
NurseLesley
Community Rank: Adventurer

Post Thanks / Like
This sounds exactly like me LOL. I'm glad I am not the only one that has disney dreams for real!! I have a dream where we miss the plane TO disney, which is always anxiety producing. But I also have the one where we have to stay in disney because we didn't leave the hotel in time and we are all happy hahahaha.
My second trip to disney I had a tire blow out on the highway...luckily we left early...then the spare was stuck in the storage area! Luckily the exit was only around the next bend and there happened to be a garage right off that exit. If that wasn't enough-- the garage worker decided to show up early for work and help us out! It was about 6am...He didn't have my correct sized tire, but he made one fit somehow!! We made it to the airport with only about 40 minutes to get through security etc. Since that trip I get super paranoid and leave extra early!!
5/02 AKL*8/09 POR*10/10 ASMu*8/11 Pop*2/12 ASMu*8/12 POFQ*2/13 ASM*8/13 CB *4/14 AoA*8/14 AKL*8/15 CS*2/16 Disney Magic*8/16 Split stay! POR/BC*2/17 Disney Fantasy & OKW*8/17 Poly/AKL*1/18 ASMu*8/18 SS/?? split stay!
My PassPorter Bookshelf

Old 07-12-2018, 01:38 PM   #6
gremlinkid73
Community Rank: Adventurer

Post Thanks / Like
I'm getting better. I'm able to sleep some. I'm usually up at least an hour ahead. That gives me time to get the last minute things. done.

Old 07-13-2018, 10:45 AM   #7
lovewdw2
Community Rank: Jetsetter

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseLesley View Post
This sounds exactly like me LOL. I'm glad I am not the only one that has disney dreams for real!! I have a dream where we miss the plane TO disney, which is always anxiety producing. But I also have the one where we have to stay in disney because we didn't leave the hotel in time and we are all happy hahahaha.
My second trip to disney I had a tire blow out on the highway...luckily we left early...then the spare was stuck in the storage area! Luckily the exit was only around the next bend and there happened to be a garage right off that exit. If that wasn't enough-- the garage worker decided to show up early for work and help us out! It was about 6am...He didn't have my correct sized tire, but he made one fit somehow!! We made it to the airport with only about 40 minutes to get through security etc. Since that trip I get super paranoid and leave extra early!!

I think after what you experienced with the tire... I was be MORE super anxiety...if that is even a word LOL. Yep I have had many dreams about Disney..and once I dreamt that I forgot my camera and clothes....

I feel for you............
305 days, 17 hours, 18 minutes
My Previous Trips1994 Dixie Landings, 1998 All Star Music, 2000 All Star Movies, 2002 Contemporary, 2003 Caribbean Beach, 2004 Outside WDW, 2005 Caribbean Beach, 2006 All Star Sports, 2007 Coronado Springs, 2008 Beach Club, 2012 Wilderness Lodge, 2013 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 Caribbean Beach, 2015 Boardwalk Inn, 2015 Pop Century, 2016 Disneyland, 2017 Port Orleans French Quarter, 2018 Boardwalk Inn!