Need help choosing next resort - PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums
PassPorter.com
Award-winning travel guidebooks

guidebooks   |   news   |   podcasts   |   boards   |   blog   |   worksheets   |   photos   |   articles   |   updates   |   register   |   follow us on

Go Back   PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Staying in Style: The Resorts/Hotels at Walt Disney World
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

Old 04-25-2018, 07:16 AM   #1
Ugabaracuda
Community Rank: Sightseer

Post Thanks / Like
Need help choosing next resort

We are DVC members, and like many of you, have spent more vacations at DW than I care to admit! We also get into a rut of staying at same resorts over and over. Our home resorts are AKL and BLT. We have multiple stays at BC, FWL, and BW. 30 days out to our next trip in late May (staying in FWL) and planning the next trip for early 2019. We want to do something different, which resort are we missing out on?

Old 04-25-2018, 07:48 AM   #2
Her Dotness
Community Rank: Explorer

Concierge Level: 3

Post Thanks / Like
SS Treehouses, maybe?

I wish those had been around when I was a kid. I bet most kids would love staying in one of those.
My Previous TripsWDW 10/2017--VGF; WDW 12/2015--GF; WDW 11/2014--WL; WDW 11/2013--GF; WDW 1/2010--GF; WDW 7/2004--CR Tower /// DH to WDW several times in the 1970's & 1984; Me DL 1969.

Old 04-25-2018, 08:05 AM   #3
HiddenMickey
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank:
Legend Extraordinaire

Concierge Level: 6

Post Thanks / Like
The larger room sizes in OKW might make a stay there a choice for you. I hear good things about their restaurant too.

PassPorter Guide for the Staying in Style forum

Old 04-25-2018, 12:29 PM   #4
Disney Dork
Community Rank: Trekker

Post Thanks / Like
I agree with above posters. We have stayed at OKW a couple of times and enjoyed it. We enjoy Olivia's too and have gotten seated without an ADR.

I bet the Tree Houses would be lovely and a nice, relaxing place to be when not in the parks.

I would add Poly to the list. We loved staying in the studio villa when they first opened. I love the island feel of the grounds and having the monorail access is a plus. We also love Kona breakfast!

Happy choosing...it's fun to explore the different options. Maybe visit a couple of these resorts on your next trip to see what appeals to you most.
My Previous TripsASMo 1995, Honeymoon split stay CBR,OKW & GF 1998, ASMo 2000, 1st WDW trip with kids OKW 2006, AS Movies Dec. 2008, Pop w/ sister Spring 2010, CBR Aug, 2010, Pop Aug 2011, Pop w/ sister Spring 2012, PO-FQ w/ 1 night at BC for the pool, Aug 2012, Poly Studio Villa thanks to an amazing discount! followed by 2 nights at AKL Aug 2015, Split Stay OKW for 14! AKL for 4, July 2016

Old 04-25-2018, 08:41 PM   #5
Teresa
Community Rank: Legend

Concierge Level: 7

Post Thanks / Like
I love OKW! The rooms are huge!

Old 04-26-2018, 08:06 PM   #6
Sue M.
Community Rank: Legend

Concierge Level: 2

Post Thanks / Like
GF and Poly!
My Previous TripsWDW Aug 2003 LBV Marriott Courtyard, Universal/Sea World/Busch Gardens Aug 2005 Hilton Garden Inn SeaWorld, WDW Aug. 2007 CBR, WDW Jan. 2008 POP & WL, Universal/SeaWorld/Aquatica Aug 2008 Hyatt Place,Sheraton 4 Points, Hard Rock Hotel & Doubletree Universal., St. Pete Beach Aug 2008, WDW Jan 2009 AKL, WDW Aug 2009 POR & WL, WDW Jan 2010 Poly, WDW Jan 2011 POR, WDW Aug 2011 POR & BC CL, WDW Jan 2012 WL, WDW Aug 2012 AKL CL, WDW Jan 2013 POFQ, WDW Aug 2013 Pop, GF, YC: WDW Jan 2014 POR, WDW & Universal August 2014 GF & Portofino Bay, WDW Jan 2015 POR, Aug 2015 Poly, Aug 2016 GF, Dec 2017 PoP, And too many trips to count to DL in the 80's.