USB Outlets in AllStar Sports rooms? - PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums
PassPorter.com
Award-winning travel guidebooks

guidebooks   |   news   |   podcasts   |   boards   |   blog   |   worksheets   |   photos   |   articles   |   updates   |   register   |   follow us on

Go Back   PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Staying in Style: The Resorts/Hotels at Walt Disney World
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

Old 09-17-2018, 10:17 AM   #1
HappyDisneyGal
Community Rank: Day-Tripper

Post Thanks / Like
USB Outlets in AllStar Sports rooms?

Hi,
I have not been to Disney for about 6 years so much has changed and I have never stayed at All Star Sports.

Can anyone tell me, all there USB charging outlets in the rooms ?

Also does anyone have a preference to rooms at this resort ? I want to be close to the main building/Bus Transport and a bath tub for a long soak after a day in the parks. (I had heard that some rooms only have a shower)

I am grateful for your help.

Many Thanks

Old 09-17-2018, 04:27 PM   #2
joelsmom
Community Rank: Trailblazer

Post Thanks / Like
Since Sports has not yet been refurbished with the new queen/pull down queen set up, you won’t get USB ports at that resort. We generally have taken a power strip and full chargers for our devices.

We’ve been very happy with the room locations in the Surf’s Up buildings, as well as the Touchdown Section. They are close to amenities. Unless you have a handicapped accessible room, you should get a bathroom with a tub.
My Previous TripsDL off-site June 1979, WDW off-site Sept 1985, All-Star Movies May 2002, All-Star Music June 2007, All-Star Sports May 2009, Pop Century June 2010, Coronado Springs October 2011, All-Star Sports May/June 2012, Pop Century May/June 2013, All-Star Movies October 2013, Tropicana Inn at Disneyland Resort June 2014, All-Star Music May 2015, All-Star Sports June 2016, All-Star Movies October 2016, Pop Century May/June 2017, All-Star Sports March 2018

Old 09-17-2018, 06:19 PM   #3
yalibrarian
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

Community Rank: Trailblazer

Concierge Level: 6

Post Thanks / Like
No USB ports in the All Stars, although I bet they will be included in the updated rooms now being refurbished at Movies. If you want to be close to the buses and food court, book a preferred room. All rooms have bath/shower combinations with the exception Joelsmom mentioned. We did get an accessible room one year with a larger bathroom (smaller closet) that had a roll-in shower only, but since my husband is disabled, he loved sitting on the shower seat under the water. Just note on your reservation that you want a tub in your room.

Remember also that when you stay at one All Star, you can enjoy the pools and food courts at the others as well.
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsOff-site 1972, 1973, 1975, 1984, 1985, 1988. All Star Music 2001-2012; Swan 2011. All Star Movies 2013, All Star Music 2014-17.

Old 09-18-2018, 08:34 AM   #4
bluejn
Community Rank: Trekker

Post Thanks / Like
Just back from movies refurbished room there are usb everywhere, 2 by front door, 2 on each side of 1 bed, two by bathroom sink, and 2 or 4 under tv

Old 09-21-2018, 08:19 PM   #5
lindadarrall
Community Rank: Trekker

Post Thanks / Like
I just got back from Sports yesterday and while there was no USB port, they were smart enough to pull the nightstand out from the wall a few inches sonyou could plug in your charger.
My Previous Trips3-night DREAM cruise Dec. 2011; 4-night Disney Wonder 2010; AKL Club level 2009; POFQ free dining bounceback 2008; POFQ free dining 2007; CBR and MNSSHP 2006; June 2006 offsite; POR spring break 2005 w/ My Sweet Cadet

Old 09-22-2018, 09:33 AM   #6
HappyDisneyGal
Community Rank: Day-Tripper

Post Thanks / Like
Many Thanks to all who replied!