Rivers of Light Dining package - Page 2 - PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums
PassPorter.com
Award-winning travel guidebooks

guidebooks   |   news   |   podcasts   |   boards   |   blog   |   worksheets   |   photos   |   articles   |   updates   |   register   |   follow us on

Go Back   PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Feasting and Snacking: The Eateries at Walt Disney World
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

Old 02-17-2017, 01:50 PM   #16
WDW Traveler
Community Rank: Traveler

Concierge Level: 5

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Baloo View Post
Finally had time to call today, due to another snow day. When I asked, they said that there are 2 shows/night, 830 and 945 (I may be off a little with that 2nd time). However, he said that since I booked on the first day, the CM who sent the confirmation email may have meant to show up at 8 for the 830 show. But all is well with the reservation. Now I'm waiting for the Star Wars dessert party reservations to open up!
Thanks for the update. Yes, I did see there were two shows that day. I think you are correct on the two times. Glad they gave you an earlier time and if we didn't cross paths on the board, you would have been early and not late!

Enjoy your dinner and ROL!

My Previous Trips80 & 91 WDW - OffSite; 10/95 DL - Honeymoon; 4/00 & 5/01 DL - Off Site; 12/02 WDW - All Star Movies; 10/03 WDW - Coronado Springs; 5/05 WDW - All Star Movies; 2/07 WDW - SSR; 8/07 WDW - Pop - Mommy & Haillie Trip; 1/08 WDW - Caribbean Beach - DH & Me; 8/09 WDW - Treehouse Villas & Free Dining at SSR; 8/11 WDW - Pop w/Free Dining; 4/13 WDW - Bay Lake Towers; 4/14 WDW - Port Orleans French Quarter; 4/15 Disney Wonder Cruise; 4/17 AKV Kidani Savannah View!!

Old 02-17-2017, 09:13 PM   #17
Big Baloo
Community Rank: Globetrotter

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks Gail, you too!

Old 04-06-2017, 01:51 PM   #18
staciakate
Community Rank: Visitor

Post Thanks / Like
Hi all. I read on here that Tusker House and Tiffins will have ROL packages, but in the Passporter Guide itself, it says that Tiffins will NOT have a view of ROL. Can anyone clarify? Thanks!!

Old 04-06-2017, 01:56 PM   #19
chezp
PassPorter Message Board Manager
PassPorter Guide Author

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Concierge Level: 3

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by staciakate View Post
Hi all. I read on here that Tusker House and Tiffins will have ROL packages, but in the Passporter Guide itself, it says that Tiffins will NOT have a view of ROL. Can anyone clarify? Thanks!!
Hi and welcome to the boards!

Both have the packages for Rivers of Light, but neither have a view of it. Both restaurants are located in different parts of the park to where it's performed, so I think that's where the confusion may have come from.

Does that help?

At Stonehenge with Bill's widow Jan on our whistle-stop for her of this side of the pond! The pre-trip report is underway for our forthcoming WDW and southern Caribbean trip.
My Countdown Counting down to: Heading to Champions Tennis
9 days, 22 hours, 3 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous Trips20 trips to WDW, 6 to Disneyland in California, 9 to Disneyland Paris, 1 to Hong Kong Disneyland, 1 to Tokyo Disney, 1 to Aulani, 1 to Hilton Head, 2 to Vero Beach and 10 Disney cruises on the Magic, Wonder, Dream and Fantasy

Old 04-06-2017, 03:02 PM   #20
staciakate
Community Rank: Visitor

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by chezp View Post
Hi and welcome to the boards!

Both have the packages for Rivers of Light, but neither have a view of it. Both restaurants are located in different parts of the park to where it's performed, so I think that's where the confusion may have come from.

Does that help?
I'm confused - LOL. So why would one want a package?

Old 04-06-2017, 03:19 PM   #21
chezp
PassPorter Message Board Manager
PassPorter Guide Author

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Concierge Level: 3

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by staciakate View Post
I'm confused - LOL. So why would one want a package?
Because the package will give you seating at the show. If you don't have the dining package or a Fastpass, you're facing the prospect of long waits to get in to see the show. We opted out of seeing it during our trip last month for that reason - we didn't have a dining package or a Fastpass - as we'd read if you don't have one or the other, it's tough to get into, given it's such a hot ticket right now.

At Stonehenge with Bill's widow Jan on our whistle-stop for her of this side of the pond! The pre-trip report is underway for our forthcoming WDW and southern Caribbean trip.
My Countdown Counting down to: Heading to Champions Tennis
9 days, 22 hours, 3 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous Trips20 trips to WDW, 6 to Disneyland in California, 9 to Disneyland Paris, 1 to Hong Kong Disneyland, 1 to Tokyo Disney, 1 to Aulani, 1 to Hilton Head, 2 to Vero Beach and 10 Disney cruises on the Magic, Wonder, Dream and Fantasy