Living the dream and remembering the Bagman UPDATED 2/24 - Page 69 - PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums
PassPorter.com
Award-winning travel guidebooks

guidebooks   |   news   |   podcasts   |   boards   |   blog   |   worksheets   |   photos   |   articles   |   updates   |   register   |   follow us on

Go Back   PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Sharing the Adventure: Disney World Trip Reports
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

Old 02-25-2017, 04:11 AM   #1021
chezp
PassPorter Message Board Manager
PassPorter Guide Author

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Concierge Level: 3

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubfancolleen View Post
Tapestry of Nations might just be my favorite park soundtrack music ever.
Awesome to get such a great spot for Illuminations!
Mine is definitely the IllumiNations music itself, although obviously Tapestry of Nations is on the CD as well.

Remembering our friend Bill together at the BoardWalk sunset meet as part of our Bagman Days trip, which is now into the WDW portion.

I'm Cheryl and I'm the author of PassPorter's Walt Disney World for British Holidaymakers and PassPorter's Disney Vacation Club Guide I'm a PassPorter guide for the Disney Vacation Club, Eateries, Globetrotting, Globetrotting Trip Reports, Disneyland Resort Paris and Disneyland Trip Reports forums.
My Countdown Counting down to: Heading back to Disney!
On our way!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous Trips19 trips to WDW, 6 to Disneyland in California, 8 to Disneyland Paris, 1 to Hong Kong Disneyland, 1 to Tokyo Disney, 1 to Aulani, 1 to Hilton Head, 2 to Vero Beach and 9 Disney cruises on the Magic, Wonder, Dream and Fantasy

Old 02-25-2017, 04:12 AM   #1022
chezp
PassPorter Guide Author

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMB733 View Post
How nice of everyone to leave before Illuminations started
It was - they must have heard us cursing as we arrived and saw how busy it was!

Quote:
Wondering World Showcase and watching Illuminations was a great way to end the evening.
Definitely!

Remembering our friend Bill together at the BoardWalk sunset meet as part of our Bagman Days trip, which is now into the WDW portion.

I'm Cheryl and I'm the author of PassPorter's Walt Disney World for British Holidaymakers and PassPorter's Disney Vacation Club Guide I'm a PassPorter guide for the Disney Vacation Club, Eateries, Globetrotting, Globetrotting Trip Reports, Disneyland Resort Paris and Disneyland Trip Reports forums.
On our way!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous Trips19 trips to WDW, 6 to Disneyland in California, 8 to Disneyland Paris, 1 to Hong Kong Disneyland, 1 to Tokyo Disney, 1 to Aulani, 1 to Hilton Head, 2 to Vero Beach and 9 Disney cruises on the Magic, Wonder, Dream and Fantasy

Old 02-25-2017, 04:52 AM   #1023
wheezie
Community Rank: Trekker

Concierge Level: 6

Post Thanks / Like
I can't wait to see how the whole magic bands saga ends up. We had problems with our MBs a few years ago, and my Dh ended up having to go back to the desk at least 3-4 times to sort it out. Ours wouldn't open our door at ASMu, and of course we were alllll the way at the back of the resort.

My normally chill hubby was not so chill that day.

I loved all the photos of BC and Japan! That kimono section in the store is where my dd parks it for a while to practice her Japanese with the workers. It's usually very quiet in there with most people just browsing so hopefully she's not in anyone's way. The employees always seem thrilled to help her try out her conversational Japanese.

No WDW trip for us this year...
My Countdown Counting down to:
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsOur first trip-November 2012 Coronado Springs :), Our "redo" trip November 2014 Coronado Springs :); Osborne Lights trip Nov/Dec 2015 ASMusic; Em's Sweet 16 trip November 2016 CBR

Old 02-25-2017, 05:50 AM   #1024
chezp
PassPorter Guide Author

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheezie View Post
I can't wait to see how the whole magic bands saga ends up. We had problems with our MBs a few years ago, and my Dh ended up having to go back to the desk at least 3-4 times to sort it out. Ours wouldn't open our door at ASMu, and of course we were alllll the way at the back of the resort.
Ah well, let's just say something similar to you may have also happened to us during this vacation....

Quote:
My normally chill hubby was not so chill that day.
I don't blame him!

Quote:
I loved all the photos of BC and Japan! That kimono section in the store is where my dd parks it for a while to practice her Japanese with the workers. It's usually very quiet in there with most people just browsing so hopefully she's not in anyone's way. The employees always seem thrilled to help her try out her conversational Japanese.
Oh wow, how neat!

On our way!
My PassPorter Bookshelf

Old 02-25-2017, 02:07 PM   #1025
SuperDave
Community Rank: Explorer

Concierge Level: 4

Post Thanks / Like
The is quite bizarre with Epcot clearing out like that with no more crowds! Nice shots of Morocco and France at night. So cool you were able to get a spot for Illuminations up front as that is next to impossible, just before the show! That's never happened to me before. I always give myself plenty of time to have a good place for viewing. I have the Illuminations cd and is one of my favorites!

Customs House in Key West, Florida on Disney Magic Cruise
My 1st Cruise Adventure (Magic-Western Caribbean) -Completed 8/10/16

My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous Trips1995-2000, 2006-Various in Europe: Italy, Switzerland, France, England, Holland, Germany, Austria, Czech Republic, Lichtenstein, Ireland, Spain, Portugal, Morocco; 1998-U.S. National Parks (California, Arizona, Utah and Nevada) 1999-Las Vegas, 2001-Australia, New Zealand and Hawaii, 2005-Memphis, 2011-Austin, TX: ACL Festival and Orlando: Bay Hill Lodge; 2013-Paris and Eastern France's Wine Country, 2015-Memphis for 7 WDW: 2002-WL, 2003-CSR, 2004-AKL, 2005-BWI, 2007-POR, BC, 2008-Offsite Championsgate Omni & CBR, 2009-Poly, POR (Decade of Dreams), 2010-POFQ, GF, 2011-POFQ, 2012-CSR,WL, 2014-POR, 2015-DCL Magic in Western Caribbean, 2016-B Resort in DS

Old Yesterday, 05:13 AM   #1026
chezp
PassPorter Guide Author

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
The is quite bizarre with Epcot clearing out like that with no more crowds! Nice shots of Morocco and France at night. So cool you were able to get a spot for Illuminations up front as that is next to impossible, just before the show! That's never happened to me before. I always give myself plenty of time to have a good place for viewing. I have the Illuminations cd and is one of my favorites!
Me too, except I can never listen to it without crying.... x

On our way!
My PassPorter Bookshelf

Old Yesterday, 07:45 PM   #1027
Colexis Mom
RED SOX NATION!!
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Concierge Level: 9

Post Thanks / Like
Great pictures of the park at night! How great to be able to walk right up and get a great location for IllumiNations!
My Previous TripsAUG '16 - POFQ, APR '12 - POFQ, JUL '10 - DL, AUG '09 - DCL Western, AUG '08 - POFQ/BC, AUG '06 - AKL/BC/DisneyWonder/Poly, DEC '05 - AKL, APR '05 - AKL/BC, DEC '04 - AKL, MAY '04 - AKL/BC, MAY '03 - WL/BC, MAY '98 -offsite, MAY '94 - BC, AUG '85 - Poly, AUG '83 - Poly, AUG '81 - Poly, JUL '79 - World Inn, JUL '76 - World Inn