Old Magic Bands - PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums
PassPorter.com
Award-winning travel guidebooks
Thank you to our forum sponsor:

guidebooks   |   news   |   podcasts   |   boards   |   blog   |   worksheets   |   photos   |   articles   |   updates   |   register   |   follow us on

Go Back   PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Planning Your Adventure: Your Plans for Walt Disney World
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

Forum Sponsor: Mouse Fan Travel™
Learn Why PassPorter Recommends This Sponsor

Old 11-20-2018, 07:26 PM   #1
saibot0001
Community Rank: Trekker

Post Thanks / Like
Old Magic Bands

We have our magic bands from our trip 4 years ago. When I got on MDE, it states that they are still active. Is this right? I thought the magic bands were good for 2 years at most. We are getting new bands with our upcoming trip, but my daughter said she would take hers to swap out if she can use both.

Anyone know if magic bands are still able to be used 4 years later?

Old 11-20-2018, 08:21 PM   #2
MichaelF
Community Rank: Explorer

Post Thanks / Like
We get new bands each trip. I go in and deactivate the old ones on the site after our trip.

Old 11-21-2018, 01:30 AM   #3
chezp
PassPorter Message Board Manager
PassPorter Guide Author

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Concierge Level: 3

Post Thanks / Like
Like you, I thought they lasted for two years at most....

Relaxing on board the Magic. The trip report for our back-to-back cruises on the Disney Magic has started!
My Countdown Counting down to: A Christmas visit from my parents
22 hours, 28 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous Trips21 trips to WDW, 6 to Disneyland in California, 9 to Disneyland Paris, 1 to Hong Kong Disneyland, 1 to Tokyo Disney, 1 to Aulani, 1 to Hilton Head, 2 to Vero Beach and 13 Disney cruises on the Magic, Wonder, Dream and Fantasy

Old 11-21-2018, 06:21 AM   #4
Her Dotness
Community Rank: Explorer

Concierge Level: 3

Post Thanks / Like
Here’s what our technogeek WillCAD has said about the longevity of Magic Bands:

Any active MagicBand that's linked to your account can access any of the features you have in your account, such as park passes, FastPass selections, dining plan credits, or room charging, so your old MBs will work just fine as long as they're still active.

However, MagicBands have batteries in them for long-distance functions like ride photos, and servers finding you to deliver your food at Be Our Guest. The batteries are supposedly good for two years, but of course there is always some leeway there (you never know how long the MBs might have been sitting on a shelf before they were sent to you).
My Previous TripsWDW 10/2017--VGF; WDW 12/2015--GF; WDW 11/2014--WL; WDW 11/2013--GF; WDW 1/2010--GF; WDW 7/2004--CR Tower /// DH to WDW several times in the 1970's & 1984; Me DL 1969.

Old 11-21-2018, 12:32 PM   #5
saibot0001
Community Rank: Trekker

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks everyone! As always, you are a wealth of information.