Disney's Yacht Club Resort (Disney Deluxe Resort) - PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums
PassPorter.com
Award-winning travel guidebooks
Thank you to our forum sponsor:

guidebooks   |   news   |   podcasts   |   boards   |   blog   |   worksheets   |   photos   |   articles   |   updates   |   register   |   follow us on

Forums Closed
As of January 1, 2019, we have closed our forums. This is a decision we did not come to lightly, but it is necessary. The software our forums run on is just too out-of-date and it poses a significant security risk. The server software itself must be updated, and it cannot be without removing the forums.

So it is with a heavy heart that we say goodbye to our long-running forums. They came online in 2000 and brought together so many wonderful Disney fans. We had friendships form, careers launch, couples marry, children born ... all because of this amazing community.

Thank you to each of you who were a part of this community. You made it possible.

And a very special thank you to our Guides (moderators), past and present, who kept our forums a happy place to be. You are the glue that held everything together, and we are forever grateful to you. Thank you aliceinwdw, Caldercup, MrsM, WillCAD, Fortissimo, GingerJ, HiddenMickey, CRCrazy, Eeyoresmom, disneyknut, disneydani, Cam22, chezp, WDWfan, Luvsun, KMB733, rescuesk, OhToodles!, Colexis Mom, lfredsbo, HiddenMickey, DrDolphin, DopeyGirl, duck addict, Disneybine, PixieMichele, Sandra Bostwick, Eeyore Tattoo, DyanKJ130, Suzy Q'Disney, LilMarcieMouse, AllisonG, Belle*, Chrissi, Brant, DawnDenise, Crystalloubear, Disneymom9092, FanOfMickey, Goofy4Goofy, GoofyMom, Home4us123, iamgrumpy, ilovedisney247, Jennifer2003, Jenny Pooh, KrisLuvsDisney, Ladyt, Laughaholic88, LauraBelle Hime, Lilianna, LizardCop, Loobyoxlip, lukeandbrooksmom, marisag, michnash, MickeyMAC, OffKilter_Lynn, PamelaK, Poor_Eeyore, ripkensnana, RobDVC, SHEANA1226, Shell of the South, snoozin, Statelady01, Tara O'Hara, tigger22, Tink and Co., Tinkerbelz, WDWJAMBA, wdwlovers, Wendyismyname, whoSEZ, WildforWD, and WvuGrrrl. You made the magic.

We want to personally thank Sara Varney, who coordinated our community for many years (among so many other things she did for us), and Cheryl Pendry, our Message Board Manager who helped train our Guides, and Ginger Jabour, who helped us with the PassPorter-specific forums and Live! Guides. Thank you for your time, energy, and enthusiasm​. You made it all happen.

There are other changes as well.

Why? Well, the world has changed. And change with it, we must. The lyrics to "We Go On" for IllumiNations say it best:

We go on to the joy and through the tears
We go on to discover new frontiers
Moving on with the current of the years.
We go on
Moving forward now as one
Moving on with a spirit born to run
Ever on with each rising sun.
To a new day, we go on.

It's time to move on and move forward.

PassPorter is a small business, and for many years it supported our family. But the world changed, print books took a backseat to the Internet, and for a long time now it has been unable to make ends meet. We've had to find new ways to support our family, which means new careers and less and less time available to devote to our first baby, PassPorter.

But eventually, we must move on and move forward. It is the right thing to do.

So we are retiring this newsletter, as we simply cannot keep up with it. Many thanks to Mouse Fan Travel who supported it all these years, to All Ears and MousePlanet who helped us with news, to our many article contributors, and -- most importantly -- to Sara Varney who edited our newsletter so wonderfully for years and years.

And we are no longer charging for the Live Guides. If you have a subscription, it's yours to keep for the lifetime of the Live Guides at no additional cost. The Live Guides will stay online, barring server issues and technical problems, for all of 2019.

That said, PassPorter is not going away. Most of the resources will remain online for as long as we can support them, and after that we will find ways to make whatever we can available. PassPorter means a great deal to us, and to many of you, and we will do our best to keep it alive in whatever way we can. Our server costs are high, and they'll need to come out of our pockets, so in the future you can expect some changes so we can bring those costs down.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your amazing support over the years. Without you, there's no way us little guys could have made something like this happen and given the "big guys" a run for their money. PassPorter was consistently the #3 guidebook after the Unofficial and Official guides, which was really unheard of for such a small company to do. We ROCKED it thanks to you and your support and love!

If you miss us, you can still find some of us online. Sara started a new blog at DisneyParkPrincess.com -- I strongly urge you to visit and get on her mailing list. She IS the Disney park princess and knows Disney backward and forward. And I am blogging as well at JenniferMaker.com, which is a little craft blog I started a couple of years ago to make ends meet. You can see and hear me in my craft show at https://www.youtube.com/c/jennifermaker . Many PassPorter readers and fans are on Facebook, in groups they formed like the PassPorter Trip Reports and PassPorter Crafting Challenge (if you join, just let them know you read about it in the newsletter). And some of our most devoted community members started a forum of their own at Pixie Dust Lane and all are invited over.

So we encourage you to stay in touch with us and your fellow community members wherever works best for you!

Best wishes for a wonderful and magical new year!

Go Back   PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Staying in Style: The Resorts/Hotels at Walt Disney World > Disney World Resort Hotel Reviews & Ratings
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

Forum Sponsor: MouseEarVacations.com
Learn Why PassPorter Recommends This Sponsor

Old 01-08-2008, 01:54 PM   #1
Authors
PassPorter Guide Author

Community Rank: Passenger

Post Thanks / Like
Disney's Yacht Club Resort (Disney Deluxe Resort)

Evoking the elegance and grace of a bygone seaside resort, the Yacht Club on Crescent Lake is within walking distance of Epcot.

Official Guidebook Review: Our official review of Disney's Yacht Club Resort can be read in PassPorter's Walt Disney World guidebook (chapter 3).

Personal Review: The Yacht Club is very upscale and luxurious, and has an excellent concierge level. This resort is not our first choice in the deluxe category, mostly because it seems a tad stuffy to us. It does have an excellent location and great restaurants, though!

Other Reviews: Disney's Yacht Club Resort: Seaside Elegance

Photo Reviews: See our Yacht Club Resort photo collection.

Your Review: What do YOU think of this resort? We want to know! To leave a review AND numerical rating, click the Review button below. Please avoid commenting on previously posted reviews. Tip: Include your pros and cons!

Results from these ratings and reviews will be factored into the ratings that appear in the guidebook, too!

Old 01-17-2008, 08:44 PM   #2
disneygal24
Community Rank: Passenger

Post Thanks / Like
Red face I loved this resort!!

I loved this resort it was very nice no complaints here its just a bit expensive tho i think the cost actually should be no more than $250 a night but i'd like to try another hotel but not sure where ?? any ideas?

Old 01-18-2008, 03:37 PM   #3
kadterp
Community Rank: Explorer

Post Thanks / Like
Yacht Club

We love the Yacht Club! WE love the location of the resort as it is a boat ride or walk to Epcot and the Studios and the bus rides to the other parks/places arent that bad either! The only thing that I will give the YC lower ratings on is the price. I do think that the price for concierge has gone thru the roof and what you get isnt worth it lately. We have stayed on concierge for many years now and keep seeing the offers less and less. Disney needs to re-evualte this and do some improvements.

"I am a runner because I run. Not because I run fast. Not because I run far. I am a runner because I say I am. And no one can tell me I'm not."-- John Bingham
My Countdown Counting down to: Disney's Tinker Bell Pixie Dust Challenge!
2nd time to Disneyland!
My Previous Trips1989 CBR, 1993 GF, 1999 FWL, 2000 YC, 2001 YC, 2002 YC, 2003 YC, 2004 YC (Sept) and GF (Dec), 2005 BC, 2006 YC, 2007 Disney Cruise and YC, 2008 BWI (May) and YC (Sept), 2010 YC (August), 2011 YC, 2012 YC (Expedition Everest) and BWI (Wine and Dine), 2013 Disneyland Hotel (Dumbo Double Dare) and BC (Wine and Dine), 2014 YC (Marathon Weekend) Pop (Wine and Dine), 2015 Jan Coronado Springs (marathon weekend) Feb AoA (Princess Half weekend),

Old 02-03-2008, 09:56 AM   #4
da88
Community Rank: Visitor

Post Thanks / Like
Unhappy Standards have Slipped / Way too expensive

We have stayed at the Yacht club for 2 years but will NOT return. The standards have slipped and the price has gone up considerably.... This last 2 trips we had to go and hunt or call for clean cups or glasses every day of our stay. Last year I don't think they vacuumed our room at all. (10 days) Staff didn't seem to know what was going on. No one could answer simple questions Like how much is it to do a load of laundry. 2 staff members could not tell me, they got someone from the back office who said they 'thought' it was $1.50 (I thought I remembered it was $2. from the last trip) I was right is was $2. (And I don't even work there....)

The year before the rooms had the cute Disney soap. Now they are just standard hotel bars of soap. Nothing Special.

I just cannot see how Disney can justify charging up to $510 a night for a Standard room on a weekend. (Prices go up from there....) Just not worth it. I am voting with my feet.

Last edited by da88; 02-03-2008 at 10:40 AM.. Reason: Additional Thoughts

Old 02-04-2008, 02:49 PM   #5
cmhand30
Community Rank: Trekker

Post Thanks / Like
They could do better

We stayed on Club level 17 - 21 Jan. Big IBM convention, kids soccer weekend, and college cheerleading championships. We where really overworked up for a romantic weekend. Club Level staff couldn't keep up with the quest. They didn't solve any issues, just sent you off on another goose chase, or made it someone elses problem.
Yacht club could really use a quick serve food stand like the Beach club. That is a LONG walk. Split the Garden view into standard and garden view. One should not have to pay over $450 to look at air conditioning unit no matter if it is club level or not. The place was just a little too stuffy.
My Previous Trips1974 - First WDW Visit. 1986 Disneyland New Years Eve. 1991 Dolphin. 1994 SOG. 1996 ASSR 1997 SOG. 1998 Grovesnour. 2000 Off site. 2001 CSR. 2002 POR. 2003 POR. 2005 -Sept: POP/DCLW CL/SOG. 2008 -Jan: YC CL, Oct: ASM, Dec: POP 2009 -Feb: POFQ, April: Destin & BWV, May: BC CL, June: DCLM, July: GF CL, Sept: BLT Oct: POP, Dec: SSR 2010 - Mar:POP, April: Destin, May: ASSR, HHIR, & Poly CL, July: SSR, Sept: FW CL, Oct: OKW, Dec: SSR 2011 - Feb: OKW, Dec: WL. 2012 - Feb: VWL/BLT, Aug: OKW. 2013 - Mar: YC/BVC. Aug: CP. 2014: DCL Magic

Old 02-06-2008, 12:11 PM   #6
GoofyTink
Community Rank: Visitor

Post Thanks / Like
We stayed at the Yacht Club after being upgraded from French Quarter due to the pool being closed. The staff was excellent although at times could not answer simple questions- it took them 15 minutes to tell us where to purchase a refillable mug!! The location is fantastic- we saved so much time not having to wait for disney transportation- we were able to walk to Epcot and Hollywood Studios in minutes. The pool was incredible although it does close at 8 pm!! There are 2 other quiet pools which are open until 12am. We also were able to watch Illuminations from the white sandy beach. There were kids activities daily by the pool, at night there was a movie on the beach as well. The rooms were beautiful and were kept much cleaner than our previous stays at a Moderate resort. It is expensive which is unfortunate.

Old 02-15-2008, 04:36 PM   #7
MMMD
Community Rank: Navigator

Post Thanks / Like
The resort is pricey but we loved it and the location. I didn't think it was too stuffy - the cast members went out of their way to make my children feel welcome. We had a nice view of the Epcot fireworks every night. We will stay here again.

Old 02-23-2008, 03:17 AM   #8
Never Enough Mickeys
Community Rank: Wayfarer

Post Thanks / Like
Good location but expensive!

The YC seems suited more to adults because of the darker lobby--you do NOT have a light and airy feeling. Instead, there's a definite masculine nautical feel in the resort.

If you love Epcot, this is the place to stay! You can easily walk to and from the resort to the World Showcase via the international gateway. After Illuminations, you can leisurely stroll back to your resort and not worry about going all the way back to the front entrance of Epcot and waiting for your bus with thousands of other guests. If you don't want to walk, you can take the boat back to the YC. The boat landing is right in front of the YC so this location is great.

However, going and coming back from MGM (Disney's Hollywood Studios) can be a little frustrating. The boat to the park in the morning is so crowded that you can end up waiting 45 minutes. The same goes for coming back to the YC at the end of the evening.

The buses to MK, AK and DTD run frequent enough.

The major pitfall of this hotel is the cost. Yes, it's a deluxe resort but you might be better off with staying at a less expensive deluxe resort, and using the cost savings to buy souveniers.

Old 11-20-2008, 07:18 PM   #9
MAKHayes-DisneyDiva
Community Rank: Adventurer

Concierge Level: 2

Post Thanks / Like
Thumbs up A Magical Experience at the Yacht Club

March, 2006
It was over two years ago, but as I think back on it, I get a dreamy, happy feeling. We chose YC because I was looking for a quiet, sophisticated place to stay. Since it was going to be our once in a lifetime trip to WDW (hahahaha!) my husband agreed that we could splurge on a deluxe.
Our first impression was of the beautiful grounds, and of the friendly, elderly doorman. He welcomed us to the hotel, and seemed so sincere when he told us to have a magical day.
Check in was easy. We got a lovely, spacious, first floor room with a quiet pool view. Though I would have preferred a lake view, my son, then six, loved the quiet pool. He liked Stormalong Bay, but for some reason, he picked the quiet pool 3 out of 4 times when we gave him a choice. I loved the convenience of walking out our patio door to the pool.
Our bed was comfortable, our room was very clean and fresh, and mousekeeping spoiled us with a variety of towel art.
We love the YC location - so close to Epcot and DHS. We also liked being able to stroll over to BC, where the atmosphere was a bit more lively. We enjoyed walking to BW to see the street performers and to eat at Spoodles.
True, YC is pricey. We had a AAA discount, so we saved a little money that way. And we chose to drive from Ohio instead of flying, also to save a few dollars.
In retrospect, I feel that our stay at the YC was worth every penny!

Old 03-17-2009, 10:46 PM   #10
mama2disneyfan

Concierge Level: 1

Post Thanks / Like
Smile Disney's Yacht Club

We just returned from the Yacht Club this evening. March 10-17, 2009
It was fabulous. My only complaint would be Mousekeeping. I had to call twice for a Pack n Play even though I had requested one a couple of months ago when I made the reservation and again when I checked in on-line. They finally came up and brought a little crib {even better} for DS. The room wasn't cleaned as I had hoped it would be, seemed like it went down hill the longer we were there. Sorry, Mousekeepers

The hotel is beautiful and we had a great room facing the lake and out the side window of the gazebo. Nice corner room with lots of great light and awesome views.

CM's were great and quite helpful. We were given a free upgrade to waterview and our room was ready when we arrived just after 11am. Yay!

We had a great time and not a long walk to the bus, boat, front desk, gift shop, pool.

The experience was magical to say the least!

I did my review keeping in mind that in the next couple of months the rooms will be redone. I am sure they will be even more beautiful after that.

Cons:
Pricey - That is not to say I don't feel it was worth it but it is expensive.
Mugs - LONG walk to refill at Beach Club
Mousekeeping - Not what I would expect from a Deluxe Resort.

Otherwise we were happy, happy with our choice of the Yacht Club.

Last edited by mama2disneyfan; 03-19-2009 at 09:59 PM..

Old 03-18-2009, 08:57 PM   #11
omd

Concierge Level: 6

Post Thanks / Like
My friend and I will be staying there in December and I am so excited.
My Previous TripsWDW June 1982 Hi Q- WDW May 1987 Polynesian- WDW April 2002 Caribbean Beach- WDW Oct. 2003 Swan- WDW March 2007 All Star Movies- WDW Dec 2007 Hilton DTD- WDW Dec 2008 Caribbean Beach- WDW May 2009 Hilton Grand Vacation Club- WDW Dec 2009 Yacht Club- WDW Oct 2010 Saratoga Springs- WDW April 2011 Beach Club Villas- WDW December 2011 Boardwalk Villas- Disney Dream April 2011- WDW October 2012 Beach Club Villas- Disney Fantasy March 2013 Wonder September 2014 WDW December 201 BCV

Old 03-18-2009, 09:03 PM   #12
skateycat

Post Thanks / Like
my favorite resort, my home away from home so to speak. sorry mousekeeping wasn't up to your standards. i have never had a problem, not ever. things i requested were brought promptly, room service arrives precisely when i pre-order it for, etc. hmmmm....maybe the "downsizing" or whatever, has affected the most favorite of my places afterall.

My Countdown Counting down to: fabulous food and wine fun
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous Tripstoo numerous to mention! my favorite places to stay are yacht club and pofq. am known to just spontaneously pop over to the happy place on a whim to meet up with other pp's or just to spend the day in pixie dust!

Old 03-19-2009, 09:58 PM   #13
mama2disneyfan

Post Thanks / Like
Room service was great - no complaints there, just not great Mousekeeping. I would stay there again for sure. I do want to try GF and AKL though so it may be a while before I get back to YC.

Old 07-11-2012, 04:39 PM   #14
AGentlRose

Post Thanks / Like
All Things Considered - A Nice Couple of Nights at the Yacht Club

We spent two nights at the Yacht Club,choosing to stay Concierge Level since being locals, and the weather not looking too promising, we knew that if we had to spend rainy afternoons at the hotel, having the concierge lounge would be beneficial. We arrived at the Yacht Club around 1:30 pm, and as soon as we pulled up, we were greeted by name at curbside. (First time this ever happened and we've stayed at Disney hotels many times, including several times at club level). We were taken up to the fifth floor for check in, which was quick and efficient and our room was ready. We got settled in our room and then checked out the club lounge. They have several different offerings during the day, breakfast, afternoon snacks, evening appetizers and desserts and cordials. The breakfast items were plentiful, bagels, croissants, pastries, fruits; snacks were gummy fish, yogurt pretzels, homemade potato chips (excellent), trail mix and a small amount of fresh fruit. Dinner appetizers were not really to my liking, each day there was a type of seafood, my husband loved the Crab Rangoon, but not the scallops. The only hot appetizer I had was a raspberry-brie puffed pastry which was very good. There was also an assortment of cheese and crackers as well as cold vegetables. We were only there for one night service and they had chocolate-apricot cake and lemon chiffon. One good thing about the Yacht Club concierge lounge was that you had access to the soda refrigerator 24 hours, other resorts like the Wilderness Lodge close up; while Animal Kingdom Lodge empties the refrigerator, so this was a plus.

Our room was standard for Disney deluxe resorts, King bed, flat panel TV, lounge chair. This room did not have a day bed as some of the others do. The balcony was a full balcony with 2 chairs and a table and we overlooked Storm a Long Bay. Although the room was spotlessly clean, when the housekeeper left the room on the second morning, she didn't leave us the same amount of towels and glassware. I'm sure it was an oversight and I just called and requested more towels and they were brought to the room within an hour.

Overall for the price paid, I give it a rating of 8 I can't give anything higher because compared with the Grand Floridian and the Polynesian club levels, it wouldn't be fair to give them the same grade. Would I stay here again -- yes, if I was going to spend most of my park time at Epcot and/or the Studios because the transportation is excellent.

Old 07-05-2016, 12:54 PM   #15
kallell
Community Rank: Day-Tripper

Post Thanks / Like
Spent 5 nights at the yacht club, and honestly this is probably my favorite resort to date. I think in total, I've stayed at 8 or so various Disney hotels; and this one just seems to take the cake in terms of ambiance, location (huge for me), and quality.

I will say that Grand Floridian is a nicer hotel overall, but the location really kills me. Unless you are going to Magic kingdom, it just felt out of the way of everything and a very long trek.