Virgin/WDW have messed up my booking - PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums
PassPorter.com
Award-winning travel guidebooks
Thank you to our forum sponsor:

guidebooks   |   news   |   podcasts   |   boards   |   blog   |   worksheets   |   photos   |   articles   |   updates   |   register   |   follow us on

Go Back   PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Planning Your Adventure: Your Plans for Walt Disney World
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

Forum Sponsor: Mouse Fan Travelô
Learn Why PassPorter Recommends This Sponsor

Old 06-28-2018, 01:26 PM   #1
suzanne1972
Community Rank: Traveler

Post Thanks / Like
Unhappy Virgin/WDW have messed up my booking

I donít have a question but just wanted to vent to people who understand.

So back in February this year we booked our 2019 trip to universal and WDW
9 nights Royal Pacific Universal and 12 nights Animal Kingdom Lodge, Savannah View with Bunk Beds. It cost about £800+ extra for Savannah View with Bunk Beds.

After waiting for my booking to show up on MDE it did about 2 weeks ago, yay!
It confirms my dates, meal plan and POOL VIEW room

I called into the Virgin shop and asked about it and they said, oh itís ok, youíre paperwork says SAVBB so thatís what youíve got and didnít offer to call or email Disney for me. Later that same day I called Disney and as suspected they couldnít look into it as Iíd booked via a TA (was worth a try though).

I emailed Virgin as I wanted a record that Iíd noted the error (just in case I need that neat year!) but to date havenít had a reply!

I called Virgin Customer Services who said sheíd get someone the Disney team to email Disney and should be sorted within 72 hours.

72 hours came and went and no update from Virgin. I called Virgin again and got someone different who said no thatís not right etc. MDE should show SAVBB etc and has over the past 2 days has been looking into this for me but today she said Disney may not be able to honour the SAVBB after all

I donít know who is at fault, Virgin or Disney, someways I donít really care but Iím quite annoyed and upset.

Virgin say we would be able to choose alternative accommodation etc but I was looking today and there seems to be less availability and also the prices have gone up since February too (I still have my original notes/figures from then) but we want to stay at AKL with a savannah view and bunk beds!

Thanks for reading, youíve saved my DHs ears!!

Suzanne xx

Disneyland Paris approx 2004, Caribbean Beach April 2013, Polynesian May 2014, Old Key West October 2015, Wilderness Lodge Oct 2017, Disneyland Paris October 2018 and looking forward to AKL Sept/Oct 2019 trip!
My Countdown Counting down to: 4 nights Universal then 14 nights at Wilderness Lodge (hopefully!!).
Off we go!!!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW Caribbean Beach Resort April 2013, Polynesian Resort 2014 OKW Oct 2015, Wilderness Lodge Oct 2017

Old 06-28-2018, 01:42 PM   #2
lovewdw2
Community Rank: Jetsetter

Post Thanks / Like
This sucks! But from my point of view it seems to be Virgin's problem.

I too would be highly UPSET/MAD.... but I am also very surprised that the rooms for a trip in September 2019 is full already?

I would call Virgin and have them explain why from their end that Disney didn't except the reservation. Please keep us updated... as I would LOVE to hear Virgin's response....

You need some dust...
212 days, 1 hours, 19 minutes
My Previous Trips1994 Dixie Landings, 1998 All Star Music, 2000 All Star Movies, 2002 Contemporary, 2003 Caribbean Beach, 2004 Outside WDW, 2005 Caribbean Beach, 2006 All Star Sports, 2007 Coronado Springs, 2008 Beach Club, 2012 Wilderness Lodge, 2013 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 Caribbean Beach, 2015 Boardwalk Inn, 2015 Pop Century, 2016 Disneyland, 2017 Port Orleans French Quarter, 2018 Boardwalk Inn, 2018 All Star Music!

Old 06-28-2018, 01:58 PM   #3
chezp
PassPorter Message Board Manager
PassPorter Guide Author

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Concierge Level: 3

Post Thanks / Like
I'd put it in writing to Virgin. It's a lot harder for a company to ignore a customer complaint when it comes in writing, rather than over the phone. Explain how important a savannah view room is to you and see what happens.

Where are you checking availability? Don't forget it will be different on every site - i.e. each travel agent will have a certain number of rooms etc. I'd also be surprised if availability is this low already for September 2019. It's not traditionally a busy time of the year and, given its hurricane season (and before anyone says it - yes I know hurricane season covers many months, it's just September is traditionally associated with them because of historical events ), I can't imagine Disney have had that much take-up already?

I hope you get it sorted.

Relaxing on board the Magic. The trip report for our back-to-back cruises on the Disney Magic has started!
My Countdown Counting down to: Dinner out at a new restaurant...
1 days, 8 hours, 19 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous Trips21 trips to WDW, 6 to Disneyland in California, 9 to Disneyland Paris, 1 to Hong Kong Disneyland, 1 to Tokyo Disney, 1 to Aulani, 1 to Hilton Head, 2 to Vero Beach and 11 Disney cruises on the Magic, Wonder, Dream and Fantasy

Old 06-28-2018, 01:59 PM   #4
DMA
Community Rank: Explorer

Concierge Level: 4

Post Thanks / Like
Definitely sending pixie dust your way for a resolution to the issue.
Very frustrating that you are not able to take care of it yourself, but have to rely on Virgin to get through to Disney.

Old 06-29-2018, 10:07 AM   #5
suzanne1972

Post Thanks / Like
Thank you for the pixies, I really appreciate it

I'm checking on WDW Travel Company site. Last night it gave me 7 options compared to 6 I was getting previously and also Attraction Tickets Direct which gives me 18 options but I'm sure Virgin will say they can't book via ATD

AKL Savannah View (non Bunk Bed though) is now an option so I don't understand the difficulty Virgin is having. This is sooo frustrating!!

We're off on holiday tomorrow, going to do a few theme parks down south, Gullivers, Legoland, Wizarding World of Harry Potter and Drayton Manor so I will try and put this to the back of my mind until I come back but if Virgin call me with an update I will let you know.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IMG_0260.pdf (830.2 KB, 6 views)

Disneyland Paris approx 2004, Caribbean Beach April 2013, Polynesian May 2014, Old Key West October 2015, Wilderness Lodge Oct 2017, Disneyland Paris October 2018 and looking forward to AKL Sept/Oct 2019 trip!
My Countdown Counting down to: 4 nights Universal then 14 nights at Wilderness Lodge (hopefully!!).
Off we go!!!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW Caribbean Beach Resort April 2013, Polynesian Resort 2014 OKW Oct 2015, Wilderness Lodge Oct 2017

Old 06-29-2018, 11:04 AM   #6
Pris

Concierge Level: 6

Post Thanks / Like
Hoping you have a good holiday and that you can get Virgin straightened out. I agree that putting it in writing to Virgin might be a very good idea. Sending you and

My Countdown Counting down to: Westbound Panama Canal
Wondering through the Panama Canal
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsApril 2018 Wonder thru Panama Canal~Oct. 2016 POFQ~June 2016 Wonder to Alaska~April 2016 POFQ~Feb. 2016 POR/Magic/POFQ~Nov. 2015 POFQ~June 2015 Magic to Norway~May 2015 POFQ~March 2015 POFQ~Dec. 2014 POR~Sept. 2014 CSR~March 2014 POR~March 2013 POR~June 2011 WONDER to ALASKA~March 2011 POR~June 2010 GF/POLYNESIAN~ June 2009 MAGIC ~ March 2008 POP/WONDER/POFQ ~ Oct. 2007 POP ~ June 2007 CBR ~ March 2007 POP/POFQ ~ June 2006 POP ~ Dec. 2005 POFQ ~ July 2005 POR ~ Jan 2005 POP ~ July 2004 POR ~ Jan. 2004 CBR ~ June 2003 POFQ ~ March 2003 POFQ ~ March 2002 Courtyard ~ Dec. 2001 WL ~ July 2001 ASMU ~ March 2001 POR ~ July 2000 SWAN ~ July 1998 DxL ~ July 1992 DxL ~ May 1989 off site ~ Dec. 1976 Honeymoon off site

Old 06-29-2018, 11:34 AM   #7
chezp
PassPorter Guide Author

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Have a great time! You're certainly packing in a lot this trip!

Relaxing on board the Magic. The trip report for our back-to-back cruises on the Disney Magic has started!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous Trips21 trips to WDW, 6 to Disneyland in California, 9 to Disneyland Paris, 1 to Hong Kong Disneyland, 1 to Tokyo Disney, 1 to Aulani, 1 to Hilton Head, 2 to Vero Beach and 11 Disney cruises on the Magic, Wonder, Dream and Fantasy

Old 07-19-2018, 04:13 AM   #8
suzanne1972

Post Thanks / Like
Hi there,

Back from holiday a few days ago, had a great time feel like I need a rest to recover lol, I know my bank balance does

Anyway the day afte we got home I called Virgin as I hadn’t heard anything and they said they were still working with WDW on my booking and a few others (so it’s not just me?!?). They asked me to give them another week as WDW are so busy and have been taking that long to get back to them so I agreed to give them til this Friday then I would be taking matters further. (Not sure how I would do that though).

This morning, as I’ve done every morning, I signed into MDE and I see that my room type has changed to Savannah View but no bunk beds : Apart from being a higher cost, DH is adamant that DD’s aren’t sleeping on a sofa bed for 2 weeks.

I can’t call virgin til this afternoon but at least it’s a step in the right direction.

I’ll update you all once I’ve spoken, again, to virgin.

Ps I have also put it all in writing, except the lastest part, into an email but haven’t heard anything from that.

Off we go!!!
My PassPorter Bookshelf

Old 07-19-2018, 08:02 AM   #9
Silvercat
Community Rank: Adventurer

Concierge Level: 7

Post Thanks / Like
Aw, this sucks! I hate it when you book a holiday and then no-one will take responsiblity for it. Disney can be a bit like this sometimes, they always push you back towards the travel agent but then the travel agent says it is down to Disney, so you end up feeling like a Twister ice-lolly!

I hadn't noticed your post before, if I had known you were going to Drayton Manor I could have tried to get over to say hello - we live about half an hour away from there!

Anyway, hope you get all this sorted out. We'll miss randomly bumping into you next year as we won't be at WDW until early December - shame!

(Enjoy reading trip reports? Why not try my books, "Tiggerific Travels Parts 1, 2, 3 & the new volume 4" - available now as e-books)

My Countdown Counting down to: Taking the sis back to WDW!
8 days, 4 hours, 49 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW : October 1989, 1991, 1996, 1997, December 1999, October 2000, November 2001, October 2007, December 2008, May 2010; November 2011; October 2012; November 2013; November 2014; November 2015; October 2017; October 2018. DLP : 1992, 1995, 1998, 2002, 2006, 2009, 2014, 2015, 2017. DL : 2014. HKDL & TDL : 2016 DCL : October 2017

Old 07-19-2018, 09:56 AM   #10
suzanne1972

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvercat View Post
so you end up feeling like a Twister ice-lolly!
That’s so funny as the girls have just taken a twister ice lolly from the freezer

We also went to Cadbury world which we really enjoyed, we went as a ‘time filler’ and spent almost 7 hours there! Also they gave us free chocolate bars

I know, it’s driving me a bit crazy!

I spoke to Virgin this afternoon, Jamal from Head Office, I would love to say Virgin called me but sadly no, I had to chase them and after being on hold, getting passed to ‘stores’ because the phone lines were busy 4 times I got through to Jamal.

He said that yes they have secured me Savannah View room but Disney are phasing out bunk beds so that is no longer an option (although he did say they are still trying to secure a bunk bed room )

Savannah view with bunk beds, when we were booking it, cost about £400 more than a Savannah view and I asked if we accepted a Savannah view would we get the difference refunded/deducted from the cost and he said he’s not sure!

I called WDW and they have confirmed that they are phasing out bunk beds across WDW and they are being replaced with sofa beds. She also said that AKL has more SV rooms with 2 queen beds than 1 queen & 1 sofa and that I would need to get Virgin the request a 2 queen bed for me, but can’t guarantee it would honoured.

Aarrrggghhhh so now I have the view I want but not the room type, I would take a room with 2 queen beds quite happily, just not a sofa bed.

I know this may not sound like a big deal to some folks but at the end of a busy Park day, my dd’s who do get on quite well will be tired, maybe squabbling a bit and to have them not sharing a bed would be the best, then I don’t have to listen to, ‘her feet are on my side’ etc. DH and 1 dd in one bed, me and other dd in the other.

I really hope this is making sense to you all lol as I’m getting confused trying to write it!!

Off we go!!!
My PassPorter Bookshelf

Last edited by suzanne1972; 07-19-2018 at 09:59 AM..

Old 07-19-2018, 12:49 PM   #11
chezp
PassPorter Guide Author

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Post Thanks / Like
What a nightmare!

I hadn't heard that Disney is phasing out bunk beds. I would've thought that those would've been really popular for any family with more than one child, but heck, what do I know?

getting it all sorted.

My PassPorter Bookshelf

Old 07-20-2018, 01:09 PM   #12
Lumieregirl
Community Rank: Globetrotter

Post Thanks / Like
I was also suprised to hear about the bunk bed phase-out. I wonder how much of it is due to the pain of making them up - or if its just that with the sofa bed there's more space in the room? Quite suprised as I'm sure for families the BB were a a desirable option.

Old 08-23-2018, 08:13 AM   #13
suzanne1972

Post Thanks / Like
H,

Just thought I'd update you with whats happening re our room etc.

I called WDW and explained the situation (again) and the lady advised me to have Virgin put on the room request that:-

'as customer originally booked a bunk bed room which will no longer be available, could we strongly request a room with 2 x queen beds - as per WDW'

So after various phone-calls to Virgin Customer Services (and then not calling me back when they were meant too!) I eventually got through to a nice lady who was very sympathetic who put the request on for me then and there! Why that couldn't be done earlier I really don't know!!

She also wanted to book us into the V lounge by way of apology but Glasgow doesn't have a V lounge and unfortunately they don't a 'relationship' with the lounge that is there so couldn't do it for us Uch well at least my 'strong' room request is in and I have it in writing!

So don't think theres much else that can be done and we'll just have to wait now and see if the request is honoured or not.

Thanks for 'listening'

Suzanne xx

Off we go!!!
My PassPorter Bookshelf

Old 08-23-2018, 08:55 AM   #14
DMA

Concierge Level: 4

Post Thanks / Like
Glad you were able to get the request in writing. Hopefully it will come through for you!

Old 08-23-2018, 11:31 AM   #15
chezp
PassPorter Guide Author

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Post Thanks / Like
I'm glad they were able to do that and I hope it all works out for you.

My PassPorter Bookshelf