Me, Muffin and our very first "Welcome Home" trip!! PTR - Page 22 - PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums
PassPorter.com
Award-winning travel guidebooks

guidebooks   |   news   |   podcasts   |   boards   |   blog   |   worksheets   |   photos   |   articles   |   updates   |   register   |   follow us on

Go Back   PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Sharing the Adventure: Disney World Trip Reports
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

Old 10-11-2018, 05:06 PM   #316
Tara O'Hara

Concierge Level: 6

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colexis Mom View Post
Great plans! I hope you enjoy PotS again! And a great reminder about preventive care. Glad everything is ok for you!
Thanks, Marnie!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayraLR View Post
I go yearly to get my Pap test and since 2015 (when I started dealing with the abnormalities in my results) I have to go every 6 months. I already had a mammogram done 2 years ago, although I wasn't at the age necessary for this test I decided to have it because my grandmother dealt with breast cancer, so it runs in the family. The results came back normal so since I'm not 40 yet, I don't have to do it again until next year. I get bloodwork done every year. I am now working on getting healthy; healthy eating, exercising, controlling my weight. This is an area where I really need work and encouragement.
Me too, Mayra. The older we get the harder we have to work for sure!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezp View Post
Thanks for sharing that Tara - I think it's very easy for those of us who aren't in the healthcare profession to assume that nurses and doctors follow all the advice and are the best patients, but you've just reminded us that's not always the case...

I do keep all my appointments, but what I find interesting is that things are very different over here in terms of the age you're required to have such tests, which does make you think...
I think we live differently over here than you guys do which most likely has much to do with guidelines. No more putting things off for me. Life is too precious!

My Countdown Counting down to: Our Mystery Trip!!

Old 10-12-2018, 03:58 AM   #317
Tara O'Hara

Post Thanks / Like
Sunday, November 11th

Today is Animal Kingdom day. And for anyone who knows me at all, you also know that this is my hands down favorite Park!! I can’t wait to see the beautiful Christmas Tree at the entrance!!

We love to take our time here in this ever changing landscape. We really never know what to expect and there is always something going on!! Our first stop will be:

Donald's Dining Safari Breakfast at Tusker House Restaurant
8:50 AM

We will then stroll around for a bit before heading over to Pandora. We will check out the line for the Na’vi River Journey but are not hopeful that we will get to ride it this trip. In any case, our first FP+ is for:

11:15 AM - 12:15 PM

Next we will head to Africa for our two week Safari on:

Kilimanjaro Safaris
12:15 PM - 1:15 PM

Finally, we will make our way to Asia and the Yeti:

Expedition Everest - Legend of the Forbidden Mountain
1:45 PM - 2:45 PM

We will then head out of the Park and back to OKW for a bit. When we feel rested enough, we will take a bus to Disney Springs.

I am so hoping that the Christmas Tree Trail is up! I absolutely love the themed trees and the snow blowing about. I am getting ahead of myself though because our first priority will be to go and check out the Edison! We will most likely get a drink here and then just explore the complex.

For dinner, we decided on The Boathouse for tonight. I am slightly nervous after Cam’s review but this is Muffin’s favorite restaurant and we are hoping for another great meal here!!. I promise to be honest if it’s not.

After we eat, we will hopefully go to the Christmas Tree Trail and then do a little shopping before returning to OKW

Coming up: November 12th!!.

Old 10-12-2018, 05:11 AM   #318
patclairesmom
Community Rank: Jetsetter

Post Thanks / Like
Sounds like a great day! But, Tara, you're taking to boat to Disney Springs, not the bus, right?

My Countdown Counting down to: Our Anniversary at Disney
3 days, 20 hours, 59 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsPOFQ-2004, POR/Poly-Nov 2007, POR 2008, POR 2012, Radisson Celebration 2012, AK-Kidani and Jambo 2013

Old 10-12-2018, 07:14 AM   #319
purplegal
Community Rank: Trekker

Post Thanks / Like
Animal Kingdom is my favourite park also. Sounds like you have a fun day planned and hopefully the Christmas Tree trail is up.

Julia
My Countdown Counting down to:
Tigger I am here!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW 1972, WDW 1987, WDW 1996, WDW 2005, Coronado Springs 2008, POFQ Jan 09, POFQ Aug 09, Apr 2011, Aug 2012, May 2013

Old 10-12-2018, 07:20 AM   #320
Colexis Mom
RED SOX NATION!!
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Concierge Level: 9

Post Thanks / Like
Great plans for the 11th!
My Previous TripsAUG '16 - POFQ, APR '12 - POFQ, JUL '10 - DL, AUG '09 - DCL Western, AUG '08 - POFQ/BC, AUG '06 - AKL/BC/DisneyWonder/Poly, DEC '05 - AKL, APR '05 - AKL/BC, DEC '04 - AKL, MAY '04 - AKL/BC, MAY '03 - WL/BC, MAY '98 -offsite, MAY '94 - BC, AUG '85 - Poly, AUG '83 - Poly, AUG '81 - Poly, JUL '79 - World Inn, JUL '76 - World Inn

Old 10-12-2018, 09:08 AM   #321
Tara O'Hara

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by patclairesmom View Post
Sounds like a great day! But, Tara, you're taking to boat to Disney Springs, not the bus, right?
Why of course I am!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplegal View Post
Animal Kingdom is my favourite park also. Sounds like you have a fun day planned and hopefully the Christmas Tree trail is up.
I knew you had good taste! Thanks, Julia!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colexis Mom View Post
Great plans for the 11th!
Thanks, Marnie!!

Old 10-12-2018, 09:20 AM   #322
NanaTink

Post Thanks / Like
Another great day! I had an ADR for Edison, but got scared away from it with several bad reviews. But going early for a drink and wandering around might be an option to see what it's all about without committing to dinner there.

]

Old 10-12-2018, 12:41 PM   #323
chezp
PassPorter Message Board Manager
PassPorter Guide Author

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Concierge Level: 3

Post Thanks / Like
Nice plans for your Animal Kingdom day!

Relaxing on board the Magic. The trip report for our back-to-back cruises on the Disney Magic has started!
My Countdown Counting down to: A day out in Kew Gardens, London
Enjoying time with a good friend
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous Trips21 trips to WDW, 6 to Disneyland in California, 9 to Disneyland Paris, 1 to Hong Kong Disneyland, 1 to Tokyo Disney, 1 to Aulani, 1 to Hilton Head, 2 to Vero Beach and 11 Disney cruises on the Magic, Wonder, Dream and Fantasy

Old 10-12-2018, 03:05 PM   #324
jandsdennis

Concierge Level: 3

Post Thanks / Like
Looks like great plans. You’ll love the boat to Disney springs.
Walking the beaches at Aulani
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous Trips9/18 Aulani,10/16 OKW/SSR,7/15 Aulani,10/14 AKL- OKW split 1/14 bcv/blt ,10/12 SSR and VWL,wdw old key west first owner trip 10/11 WDW 4/10 Yacht Club,WDW 4/08 AKL, DL 6/98, WDW 10/91 offsite condo

Old 10-12-2018, 03:29 PM   #325
Tara O'Hara

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaTink View Post
Another great day! I had an ADR for Edison, but got scared away from it with several bad reviews. But going early for a drink and wandering around might be an option to see what it's all about without committing to dinner there.
Exactly!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezp View Post
Nice plans for your Animal Kingdom day!
thanks, Cheryl!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandsdennis View Post
Looks like great plans. You’ll love the boat to Disney springs.
Thanks, Julie!! I am starting to get very excited!!!!!

Old 10-13-2018, 03:00 AM   #326
lindawdw
Community Rank: Trailblazer

Post Thanks / Like
Your day at AK sounds great! I hope you have a better meal at The Boathouse too. That's the way it is with Disney restaurants these days as one time you can have a great experience but you never know about the next time.

Old 10-13-2018, 05:34 AM   #327
Tara O'Hara

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindawdw View Post
Your day at AK sounds great! I hope you have a better meal at The Boathouse too. That's the way it is with Disney restaurants these days as one time you can have a great experience but you never know about the next time.
Thanks, Linda and I agree! We had the same type of experience you guys did at Flying Fish last year. The food was okay, the service was lacking and it was so disappointing as that had been one of our favorite restaurants. However! I'm sure we will go back at some point!!

Old 10-13-2018, 05:57 AM   #328
Tara O'Hara

Post Thanks / Like
Monday, November 12th

Today, we will head to Epcot for the morning. If we stick to our schedule, this will be our 4th visit here for the Food and Wine Festival and we can get our AP adorable albeit small looking cutting board! We have FP+s for the following:

Mission: SPACE
10:50 AM - 11:50 AM

Frozen Ever After
11:55 AM - 12:55 PM

Journey Into Imagination With Figment
1:05 PM - 2:05 PM

After our journey with Figment we are going back to OKW for a couple of hours before heading out once again. Tonight is MVMCP!!!

We were unable to get ADRs for BOG before the party at first, but I stalked the WDW website and found one eventually for 4:50 PM, which will be perfect!!

After that, we are going to whoop it up at MVMCP!!

We hope to catch:

• A Frozen Holiday Wish
• Mickey's Most Merriest Celebration
• Mickey's Once Upon a Christmastime Parade
• Holiday Wishes—Celebrate the Spirit of the Season
• A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas
And!

Maybe this year, I will be able to actually get my picture taken for real with the Seven Dwarves instead of photobombing them!

Old 10-13-2018, 06:59 AM   #329
patclairesmom
Community Rank: Jetsetter

Post Thanks / Like
Congrats on the BOG ADR! Your plans looks perfect for today!!

My Countdown Counting down to: Our Anniversary at Disney
3 days, 20 hours, 59 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsPOFQ-2004, POR/Poly-Nov 2007, POR 2008, POR 2012, Radisson Celebration 2012, AK-Kidani and Jambo 2013

Old 10-13-2018, 07:01 AM   #330
purplegal

Post Thanks / Like
Good luck getting pictures with the dwarfs, I know thats a hard one to get.

Julia
My Countdown Counting down to:
Tigger I am here!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW 1972, WDW 1987, WDW 1996, WDW 2005, Coronado Springs 2008, POFQ Jan 09, POFQ Aug 09, Apr 2011, Aug 2012, May 2013