Living the dream and remembering the Bagman UPDATED 2/23 - Page 67 - PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums
PassPorter.com
Award-winning travel guidebooks

guidebooks   |   news   |   podcasts   |   boards   |   blog   |   worksheets   |   photos   |   articles   |   updates   |   register   |   follow us on

Go Back   PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Sharing the Adventure: Disney World Trip Reports
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

Old Yesterday, 08:49 PM   #991
Cam22
Batman's Gal/Mickey's Pal
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Concierge Level: 6

Post Thanks / Like
What a beautiful room, and I agree that the beachy theme is so much better now.
Good grief, what a mess with your Magic Bands. Boo!
My Previous TripsAKL Kidani May 2016 -- Polynesian Village Resort May 2015 -- OKW/Magic December 2014 -- AKL Jambo House October 2014 -- VWL May 2014--SSR October 2013--AKL/Kidani June 2013--CBR October 2012--BWI June 2012--AKV Jambo House/Kidani Village June 2011 -- November 2010 Beach Club -- June 2010 Beach Club -- October 2009 CBR and Gaylord Palms -- June 2009 AKV/Kidani Village -- June 2008 VWL --June 2007 OKW--June 2006 Disney Wonder/SSR -- June 2005 SSR -- June 2004 VWL -- June 2003 AKL -- August 1997 Off Property -- March 1980 Cocoa Beach

Old Yesterday, 10:10 PM   #992
SuperDave
Community Rank: Explorer

Concierge Level: 4

Post Thanks / Like
Glad you had a good time in the Springs with the shopping! Here's my hotel from last Fall, the B Resort, which you captured!

Your room at BCV looks so nice and you covered it well with the photos. I stayed at the BC and the main part back in 2007 and loved it. Had a good view of Crescent Lake and an even better view of Stormalong Bay. It looks amazing all lit up at night! It's insane that you're still dealing with the same MB problem. Certainly not your fault, no matter what they say!

Customs House in Key West, Florida on Disney Magic Cruise
My 1st Cruise Adventure (Magic-Western Caribbean) -Completed 8/10/16

My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous Trips1995-2000, 2006-Various in Europe: Italy, Switzerland, France, England, Holland, Germany, Austria, Czech Republic, Lichtenstein, Ireland, Spain, Portugal, Morocco; 1998-U.S. National Parks (California, Arizona, Utah and Nevada) 1999-Las Vegas, 2001-Australia, New Zealand and Hawaii, 2005-Memphis, 2011-Austin, TX: ACL Festival and Orlando: Bay Hill Lodge; 2013-Paris and Eastern France's Wine Country, 2015-Memphis for 7 WDW: 2002-WL, 2003-CSR, 2004-AKL, 2005-BWI, 2007-POR, BC, 2008-Offsite Championsgate Omni & CBR, 2009-Poly, POR (Decade of Dreams), 2010-POFQ, GF, 2011-POFQ, 2012-CSR,WL, 2014-POR, 2015-DCL Magic in Western Caribbean, 2016-B Resort in DS

Last edited by SuperDave; Yesterday at 10:14 PM..

Old Today, 01:13 AM   #993
chezp
PassPorter Message Board Manager
PassPorter Guide Author

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Concierge Level: 3

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by MayraLR View Post
Lovely photos around Downtown Disney err... I mean Disney Springs. But what a nightmare with the Magic Band.
I still can't get used to the new name either!

Remembering our friend Bill together at the BoardWalk sunset meet as part of our Bagman Days trip, which is now into the WDW portion.

I'm Cheryl and I'm the author of PassPorter's Walt Disney World for British Holidaymakers and PassPorter's Disney Vacation Club Guide I'm a PassPorter guide for the Disney Vacation Club, Eateries, Globetrotting, Globetrotting Trip Reports, Disneyland Resort Paris and Disneyland Trip Reports forums.
My Countdown Counting down to: Heading back to Disney!
20 hours, 59 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous Trips19 trips to WDW, 6 to Disneyland in California, 8 to Disneyland Paris, 1 to Hong Kong Disneyland, 1 to Tokyo Disney, 1 to Aulani, 1 to Hilton Head, 2 to Vero Beach and 9 Disney cruises on the Magic, Wonder, Dream and Fantasy

Old Today, 01:14 AM   #994
chezp
PassPorter Guide Author

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMB733 View Post
Your room is very nice with a lovely view. Sorry about all the problems with the magic bands. Hopefully it got sorted out, but I have a feeling that it didn't.
Well it did... in the end!

Remembering our friend Bill together at the BoardWalk sunset meet as part of our Bagman Days trip, which is now into the WDW portion.

I'm Cheryl and I'm the author of PassPorter's Walt Disney World for British Holidaymakers and PassPorter's Disney Vacation Club Guide I'm a PassPorter guide for the Disney Vacation Club, Eateries, Globetrotting, Globetrotting Trip Reports, Disneyland Resort Paris and Disneyland Trip Reports forums.
20 hours, 59 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous Trips19 trips to WDW, 6 to Disneyland in California, 8 to Disneyland Paris, 1 to Hong Kong Disneyland, 1 to Tokyo Disney, 1 to Aulani, 1 to Hilton Head, 2 to Vero Beach and 9 Disney cruises on the Magic, Wonder, Dream and Fantasy

Old Today, 01:15 AM   #995
chezp
PassPorter Guide Author

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
Glad you had a good time in the Springs with the shopping! Here's my hotel from last Fall, the B Resort, which you captured!

I did notice that hotel and I immediately thought of you!

Quote:
Your room at BCV looks so nice and you covered it well with the photos. I stayed at the BC and the main part back in 2007 and loved it. Had a good view of Crescent Lake and an even better view of Stormalong Bay. It looks amazing all lit up at night! It's insane that you're still dealing with the same MB problem. Certainly not your fault, no matter what they say!
I know... it did seem to go on and on and on... it ended up feeling a bit like Groundhog Day in the end!

20 hours, 59 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf

Old Today, 01:17 AM   #996
chezp
PassPorter Guide Author

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Saturday 24 September – part ten: is everyone coming our way?

Now by this point after all the problems with the MagicBands, we were running hideously late for our 7:10pm ADR at Tokyo Dining. My first concern had been missing it, as I knew they would only hold it for 15 minutes after the time, and they kept assuring me they’d call them. We set off for Epcot, admiring the beautiful sunset as we walked along.

When we got to Epcot, we remembered why we swore we would never come to Epcot on a Friday or Saturday night during Food and Wine Festival. It was rammed with people, about 99% of which were going the opposite way to us. We were heading for France, and they were all coming out. It was not a pleasant experience.

I’m glad we weren’t planning on dinner from the booths, as the lines were insane. I wouldn’t have thought Morocco would’ve been one of the more popular ones, yet I counted at least 15 people in line there, so I dread to think what some of the other ones were like.

Cursing ourselves for being so stupid in coming here, we made our way over to Japan. We checked in, and said a couple of times the Beach Club should have called them to explain why we were late. It sort of went in one ear and out of the other.

We still had a table, thank goodness, but we’d have to wait 15 minutes for it to be ready. We were later to find out that apparently the restaurants can be very difficult, shall we say, when it comes to resorts calling to ask them to accommodate guests with issues. We were told a story of a British couple whose flight was cancelled, and they came in the next day, but were running late for Le Cellier, and apparently they wouldn’t accommodate them, even with the guy explaining the story three times, and in the end, the Beach Club just said go and eat at the Yachtsman Steakhouse, as they have control there. Unbelievable!

When we were seated, we were about as far from the windows as it was possible to be, so any thoughts I might have had of watching IllumiNations from here (it had briefly crossed my mind) were quickly banished, as that wouldn’t work. However, we did see a couple who we think were there to watch IllumiNations. If they were, they seemed convinced it started at 9:00pm. They’d be in for a bit of a shock…

I was a bit disappointed when the menu was explained to us, as I was hoping you could get the sushi for an appetiser, but sadly you couldn’t. Oh well, we made the best of it. I went for the seafood yuzu shio ramen, which is ramen noodles with grilled shrimps in yuzu-seafood broth, and it was absolutely excellent. I quite often have ramen at home at a Japanese chain restaurant at home, and this was definitely much lighter than that.

Mark went for the spicy calamari tempura, lightly fried-calamari teak with spicy miso sauce. I got the impression from Mark’s face that the sauce was indeed spicy. I declined to try any of that, but tried the calamari, and I was disappointed with it. I thought it lacked taste, and was quite oily. I was glad I’d got what I had.

For main, I was tempted by the black cod, but when I saw the lobster tempura, made up of lobster and vegetables with cheese fondue, I was very intrigued, as I’ve never seen cheese on a Japanese menu before, and I just had to give it a go. It was fascinating, but did also fit together very well. I was impressed by the combination of flavours.

Mark had the miso marinated rack of lamb, grilled lamb with a hint of arima sansho pepper.

For dessert (we were on the Deluxe Dining Plan and wanted to make the most of it! ), I got the mango mousse cake, a mango-flavoured sponge cake with a smooth and flavourful mango mousse filling decorated with a mango glaze. I was expecting this to be a lot sweeter, so I got a bit of a surprise when I bit into this. It was fine, once I got used to it, but in truth, it wasn’t what I’d hoped for.

Mark had the ginger mousse cake (are you seeing a theme here to their desserts? ), layered sponge cake with ginger mousse filling and a ribbon of rich chocolate icing to top it off.

The service here was fine, but honestly, our server looked terrified every time she came over to us, and I got the feeling she was regularly asking us if everything was Ok, just because that was something that had been drilled into her, rather than she was actually interested in the answer, if that makes sense?

All in all, I did enjoy it, although I felt our last meal here for lunch was better. I thought it was great value on the Dining Plan, as the three courses came to nearly $100, but I don’t think I’d be too impressed if I was paying out of pocket for it.

Tokyo Dining

Appetiser 9 7½
Entrée 9½ 8½
Dessert 7 9
Service 8 9
Atmosphere 8½ 8½
Value for money 9 8½

Average score: 8.50

Next: where the heck are all the crowds?

20 hours, 59 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf

Old Today, 06:03 AM   #997
Tara O'Hara

Concierge Level: 6

Post Thanks / Like
That sunset was beautiful! Glad you were able to be accommodated at Tokyo Dining. Overall, your meal sounds like it was pretty good. We've eaten at the Hibachi side many times but it's funny, we've yet to try this side. Since this will be our first F and WF in a very long time, I must remember not to go to Epcot in a weekend. Yeesh! It sounds scarily crowded!!

My Countdown Counting down to: Las Vegas!!
17 days, 21 hours, 19 minutes

Old Today, 07:23 AM   #998
disney_duke
Community Rank: Explorer

Concierge Level: 8

Post Thanks / Like
What a beautiful sky! Too bad you couldn't linger and watch it for a just a little while longer.
Yes, those F&WF weekend crowds are the worst. The absolute worst. I tell everybody I know to do everything you can to avoid it! If Epcot must be done on a Saturday, then save Future world stuff for after 5pm..... ugh.

Looks like dinner was worth it though!
20 hours, 19 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsVisited WDW 4 times while little from 1979 to 1990 ~ Jan. 1998, Doubletree ~ Nov. 1998, Disney Institute ~ Sept. 2000, E. Caribbean Disney Magic ~ July 2001, Courtyard Downtown Disney ~ March 2003, Comfort Inn ~ June 2004, POR ~ Jan. 2006, POFQ ~ May 2007, All Star Vacation home ~ Jan. 2008, POFQ Half Marathon ~ Sept. 2008, SSR ~ Nov. 2009, CBR ~ March 2010, AsMu Princess Half Marathon ~ Sept. 2010, Disneyland Half Marathon ~ Nov. 2010, CSR ~ Jan. 2011 WDW Marathon ~ Oct. 2011 Wine&Dine Half Marathon, POR ~ Jan. 2012 Relay Marathon, POP ~ May 2012 Expedition Everest Challenge, CBR Pirate room ~ Sept. 2012 Sheraton LBV ~ Nov. 2012 Wyndham Bonnet Creek ~ Jan. 2013 Goofy Challenge, POR Royal Room ~ Apr. 2013 POP ~ Sep 2013 DL DDD ~ Jan 2014, marathon volunteer ~ Oct. 2014, ToT 10 miler, ASSports ~ Jan. 2015 Dopey Challenge, Bonnet Creek ~ July 2015, CSR/Marriott ~ November 2015 DL Avengers ~

Old Today, 08:26 AM   #999
Colexis Mom
RED SOX NATION!!
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Concierge Level: 9

Post Thanks / Like
Glad dinner worked out with all the issues! Beautiful sunset!!
My Previous TripsAUG '16 - POFQ, APR '12 - POFQ, JUL '10 - DL, AUG '09 - DCL Western, AUG '08 - POFQ/BC, AUG '06 - AKL/BC/DisneyWonder/Poly, DEC '05 - AKL, APR '05 - AKL/BC, DEC '04 - AKL, MAY '04 - AKL/BC, MAY '03 - WL/BC, MAY '98 -offsite, MAY '94 - BC, AUG '85 - Poly, AUG '83 - Poly, AUG '81 - Poly, JUL '79 - World Inn, JUL '76 - World Inn