What Attractions Do You Love, But You Would Change Something? - PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums
PassPorter.com
Award-winning travel guidebooks

guidebooks   |   news   |   podcasts   |   boards   |   blog   |   worksheets   |   photos   |   articles   |   updates   |   register   |   follow us on

Go Back   PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Touring the 'World': The Parks at Walt Disney World
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

Old 07-16-2018, 09:44 AM   #1
joelsmom
Community Rank: Trailblazer

Post Thanks / Like
What Attractions Do You Love, But You Would Change Something?

All right, Iíll get in on these fun questions!

What attractions do you always do, but you know they really could really stand to be changed up in some way, whether it be just refreshed or some bigger changes? Become an imagineer!

For us, we ride Space Mountain, but I really think it could use more theming inside the actual ride...projections, a soundtrack, something to add to the experience.

Iíll also throw in, although we donít ride it anymore, that Tomorrowland Speedway is in desperate need of an update/upgrade.
My Previous TripsDL off-site June 1979, WDW off-site Sept 1985, All-Star Movies May 2002, All-Star Music June 2007, All-Star Sports May 2009, Pop Century June 2010, Coronado Springs October 2011, All-Star Sports May/June 2012, Pop Century May/June 2013, All-Star Movies October 2013, Tropicana Inn at Disneyland Resort June 2014, All-Star Music May 2015, All-Star Sports June 2016, All-Star Movies October 2016, Pop Century May/June 2017, All-Star Sports March 2018

Old 07-16-2018, 12:16 PM   #2
CinderAbby
Community Rank: Legend

Concierge Level: 3

Post Thanks / Like
I don't love the new version but I loved the old version of Imagination so that's tops on my list for needing a lot of something.

In the MK I'd like to see the Speedway maybe get rid of the rails under the cars and maybe put them between the cars so we drive in lanes instead. Go karts would be good too but possibly too dangerous the way I see kids drive them.

For the carousel, I'd like them to make the rides just a little bit longer.

For the Jungle Cruise maybe a better sound system for those that have difficulty hearing all the Skippers

Soarin would be nice with either the original score or something completely different, not this just a little different but almost the same score that they have now. Although another cool "option" would be to give people a choice between the old film and the new.

France could do with a new movie. I have yet to see it because I keep falling asleep and even Abby agrees it's boring but she likes the other WS movies.

I know Norway is new but I think that needs something too. We enjoy Mexico with the Three Caballeros so IMO something like that for Norway might be nice - a "tour" around the country with the Frozen Characters instead of just a few scenes and songs with them.

Over in the Studios they need a non-moving theater for those of us who would like to experience the "movies" but can't because of the motion. Supposedly there is one but I don't know if it's true or not.

We like to watch Beauty and the Beast but it would be nice if it were indoors with real seating instead of metal benches. They get pretty uncomfortable after a few minutes.

Fantasmic could be better. It's too "dark" and the water screens could be better. We could barely see what was on the water. That was years ago but I doubt there have been improvements since then.

ITTBAB could have a section that's sensory free for those that want to see the show but don't want to feel it.

Those are the ideas I could think of.
My Previous TripsAll WDW - July 1980 off property - July 1981 FW - July 1983 FW - July 1985 FW - August 1987 FW - July 1988 Treehouse Villas - July 1990 Treehouse Villas - July 1997 FW - August 2006 AS Sports, 1st time with DH and DD - August 2008 AS Sports - August 2009 AS Sports - August 2010 AS Sports - July 2011 AS Sports - August 2013 AS Music - August 2014 AS Music - August 2015 AS Music - August 2016 AS Music - August 2018 AS Music, Kate (lovewdw2) joined us for the weekend

Old 07-16-2018, 02:04 PM   #3
joelsmom

Post Thanks / Like
Oh, I forgot Beauty and the Beast at DHS. That show is beyond tired. We always see it, but I don’t like the fact that the only singing role left in it is Belle. The other music is all to a track, which I just hate.
My Previous TripsDL off-site June 1979, WDW off-site Sept 1985, All-Star Movies May 2002, All-Star Music June 2007, All-Star Sports May 2009, Pop Century June 2010, Coronado Springs October 2011, All-Star Sports May/June 2012, Pop Century May/June 2013, All-Star Movies October 2013, Tropicana Inn at Disneyland Resort June 2014, All-Star Music May 2015, All-Star Sports June 2016, All-Star Movies October 2016, Pop Century May/June 2017, All-Star Sports March 2018

Old 07-25-2018, 10:29 AM   #4
lovewdw2
Community Rank: Jetsetter

Post Thanks / Like
Great Question... and I LOVE that you are posting it!

I would LOVE to see if Carsland come and be built either to take the place of The Speedway or Test Track....
183 days, 18 hours, 28 minutes
My Previous Trips1994 Dixie Landings, 1998 All Star Music, 2000 All Star Movies, 2002 Contemporary, 2003 Caribbean Beach, 2004 Outside WDW, 2005 Caribbean Beach, 2006 All Star Sports, 2007 Coronado Springs, 2008 Beach Club, 2012 Wilderness Lodge, 2013 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 Caribbean Beach, 2015 Boardwalk Inn, 2015 Pop Century, 2016 Disneyland, 2017 Port Orleans French Quarter, 2018 Boardwalk Inn, 2018 All Star Music!

Old 07-25-2018, 02:27 PM   #5
Coreada
Community Rank: Traveler

Concierge Level: 7

Post Thanks / Like
I adore Stitch and always did the Great Escape, even though it...well...to paraphrase a quote about the Marx Bros., Stitch has never had an attraction at WDW as wonderful as he is.

Old 07-25-2018, 04:25 PM   #6
MichaelF
Community Rank: Explorer

Post Thanks / Like
Carousel of Progress needs updating of last scene. Rumors have that happening so lets hope.

Space Mountain needs a smoother track. I like the ride but its very rough on my back.

The Speedway ride needs new something to eliminate the fumes around the area. Sometimes the fumes are terrible. Battery powered cars would fix it but don't know if its practical.

These are what I can think of now. I'm sure there are a lot more.

Old 07-26-2018, 08:49 AM   #7
jpcommons

Concierge Level: 10

Post Thanks / Like
I always thought it would be funny/interesting if a few times a year they switched the narration style of Jungle cruise skippers with the animal kingdom safari guides and vice versa. So the Safari would have some corny jokes and the Jungle Cruise would have serious details about the animals and the surrounding areas. Maybe on April 1st could be one of those days.

Old 07-26-2018, 09:54 AM   #8
joelsmom

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcommons View Post
I always thought it would be funny/interesting if a few times a year they switched the narration style of Jungle cruise skippers with the animal kingdom safari guides and vice versa. So the Safari would have some corny jokes and the Jungle Cruise would have serious details about the animals and the surrounding areas. Maybe on April 1st could be one of those days.
Thatís a fun idea!

Old 07-26-2018, 12:26 PM   #9
Lumieregirl
Community Rank: Globetrotter

Post Thanks / Like
My favorite attraction is Expedition Everest, except for the very end. It always comes to a screeching halt, which jolts my head & stomach. The rest of the ride is perfect, if it would only end a little more smoothly.

Old 08-02-2018, 03:38 PM   #10
MayraLR
Community Rank: Explorer

Concierge Level: 10

Post Thanks / Like
Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage - tired show. Should change it to something new, based on more recent movies.

Fantasmic - should change the storyline a bit. It does nothing for me.

Rivers of Light - ehh, I thought it would be something more spectacular. Maybe add more floats.

Reflections of China - could have some rotating seats or something. You get tired, standing for that much time.

It's tough to be a bug - eliminate the stupid poking and the end. It hurts.

Mickey's Philharmagic - new movie

Voyage of the Little Mermaid - new movie

Indiana Jones stunt show - ugh, eliminate it completely

Muppet Vision - change the movie or update the show.

Those are the few I could think of.

My 2017 trip - Home is Where the Mouse Is COMPLETE
My Countdown Counting down to: Sailing through the Caribbean on the Freedom
Relaxing on my cruise
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsMay 2006 - WDW / offsite; May 2008 - WDW, SW, US, IOA / offsite; May 2011 - WDW / off-site; June 2012 - WDW / POR; June 2014 - WDW / AKL ~ Kidani Village; June 2017 - WDW / POR