Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.
To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.
Right now I have my home resort booked (BLT) for 5 nights, and will be trying to switch to a non-home resort (Wilderness Lodge - CC or BR), on Wednesday morning. Up until today it was showing full availability at CC. Today it is showing only the first 2 nights available (23-24), so I'll go ahead and book those. What should I do about the next 3 nights (25-27)?
- Waitlist the 25th, then if that becomes available, waitlist the 26th, etc
- Waitlist all 3 nights
I know there's more possibility of getting one than all three, but is there any reason NOT to do it this way? The only caveat I can think of is they say you may have to switch rooms.
Sidenote: I can only have 1 waitlist for this as I have a separate waitlist for NYE. (sad story - I could have booked BLT at 11 months but wrote the wrong date in my calendar and missed it )
Mmmm... this is a tough one. I think I'd waitlist for the one night and, for me, that would be 25 December, as you really don't want to be moving on Christmas Day if you can avoid it. Usually I'd waitlist the whole thing, but I can't see people changing their plans for Christmas once they're booked - maybe I'm wrong on that?
Good point, and I was surprised this morning that Christmas Day availability has shifted again. Not for CC but a few others. I guess this week folks are moving their plans around.
I thought of another question: When switching at 7mo i like to overlap if I can and book new resort before canceling home resort in order to avoid the possibility the new becomes unavailable in the moment after cancellation. If I have to borrow 2019 points to do this, then once I canceled my home resort ressie, could I still bank those 2018 points?