Last-minute Frozen dessert Illuminations party? - PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums
PassPorter.com
Award-winning travel guidebooks

guidebooks   |   news   |   podcasts   |   boards   |   blog   |   worksheets   |   photos   |   articles   |   updates   |   register   |   follow us on

Go Back   PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Feasting and Snacking: The Eateries at Walt Disney World
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

Old 08-31-2018, 04:00 PM   #1
joe.hurley
Community Rank: Wayfarer

Post Thanks / Like
Last-minute Frozen dessert Illuminations party?

Hi all; I've been trying to reserve the Frozen ever after dessert party, and it simply isn't available any night of my stay.

Is there any chance that there will be more availability later on? My available dates are November 8 (Thursday) through 11 (Sunday).

Any thoughts would be welcome.

Regards,

Joe
43 days, 16 hours, 8 minutes
My Previous TripsFlorence Italy Oct 2017; Jamaica Jan 2017; Switzerland & Madrid Oct 2016; Philippines many times; WDW Dec 2005 and several prior

Old 08-31-2018, 07:03 PM   #2
Her Dotness
Community Rank: Explorer

Concierge Level: 3

Post Thanks / Like
Sorry not to be more encouraging, but I suspect there’s little chance of an opening.

These parties have become extremely popular.

About the only thing you can do is check every now and then in case someone cancels.
My Previous TripsWDW 10/2017--VGF; WDW 12/2015--GF; WDW 11/2014--WL; WDW 11/2013--GF; WDW 1/2010--GF; WDW 7/2004--CR Tower /// DH to WDW several times in the 1970's & 1984; Me DL 1969.

Old 08-31-2018, 07:06 PM   #3
joelsmom
Community Rank: Trailblazer

Post Thanks / Like
It looks on the WDW website as if they are not doing that party during your stay. I suppose it’s possible they might add another night or two for that week, but I wouldn’t count on it. They’ve got dates set for December already, too, so I’d say their schedule is fairly much set.
My Previous TripsDL off-site June 1979, WDW off-site Sept 1985, All-Star Movies May 2002, All-Star Music June 2007, All-Star Sports May 2009, Pop Century June 2010, Coronado Springs October 2011, All-Star Sports May/June 2012, Pop Century May/June 2013, All-Star Movies October 2013, Tropicana Inn at Disneyland Resort June 2014, All-Star Music May 2015, All-Star Sports June 2016, All-Star Movies October 2016, Pop Century May/June 2017, All-Star Sports March 2018

Old 08-31-2018, 07:15 PM   #4
Her Dotness

Post Thanks / Like
Aha! I wonder if that one isn’t offered then because those dates include the first two nights of the MK Christmas party and end of Food & Wine.

I’d guess that means all CMs on deck, so to speak, to launch the one and make sure the other ends well.
My Previous TripsWDW 10/2017--VGF; WDW 12/2015--GF; WDW 11/2014--WL; WDW 11/2013--GF; WDW 1/2010--GF; WDW 7/2004--CR Tower /// DH to WDW several times in the 1970's & 1984; Me DL 1969.

Old 08-31-2018, 08:52 PM   #5
joe.hurley
Community Rank: Wayfarer

Post Thanks / Like
OMG I didn't even realize until you just mentioned it that Food & Wine would still be going on -- I have always thought of that as an October thing! I just went and looked at what will be in offer, and I can't believe I lucked into planning my trip while that was on! Belgian Waffle with strawberries and whipped cream -- I am so there! Reminds me of when I went to the "actual" World's Fair in Knoxville TN in 1982 (I was 14), and we stayed at a little motel and had "breakfast" every morning having, you guessed it, Belgian Waffles at the Belgium pavilion with strawberries and whipped cream. My mother scoffed at it every day -- is that breakfast or dessert?? -- but my dad loved the idea, so she was outvoted! Well, I know where I shall be going to for lunch every day of this trip!!!!! Oh yeah!

I shall now courteously bow to your Dotness' beneficence in bestowing this precious piece of information upon your humble servant.

Have a Disney weekend! It's fewer than 70 days until the trip!! Woo-hoo!!!!
43 days, 16 hours, 8 minutes
My Previous TripsFlorence Italy Oct 2017; Jamaica Jan 2017; Switzerland & Madrid Oct 2016; Philippines many times; WDW Dec 2005 and several prior

Old 09-01-2018, 02:47 AM   #6
Her Dotness

Post Thanks / Like
I certainly understand your excitement about FWF.

We had some fabulous food there last fall. Yummy lobster rolls at the American Pavilion and a spectacular escargot croissant from the French kiosk. (Well, actually I had the escargot which Drew won’t touch. It was incredible!)

Drew still raves about the Peking duck on a bao bun he had.

Durn! He just showed me a review of this year’s lobster roll which sounds awful compared to what we had. Ours were piled with really fresh-tasting lobster. The picture and review indicate you’d be wise to skip this if you like lobster rolls.

Here’s hoping you have a great time and eat yourself silly.

Old 09-01-2018, 06:56 AM   #7
chezp
PassPorter Message Board Manager
PassPorter Guide Author

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Her Dotness View Post
Durn! He just showed me a review of this year’s lobster roll which sounds awful compared to what we had. Ours were piled with really fresh-tasting lobster. The picture and review indicate you’d be wise to skip this if you like lobster rolls.
Ugh, that's such a shame. I love lobster rolls, but I can imagine a bad one would probably put you off for life...

Relaxing in Montreux on our weekend break in Switzerland. The pre-trip report for our back-to-back cruises on the Disney Magic is now underway.
My Countdown Counting down to: Starting our second cruise on the Magic
Heading to Quebec City
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous Trips21 trips to WDW, 6 to Disneyland in California, 9 to Disneyland Paris, 1 to Hong Kong Disneyland, 1 to Tokyo Disney, 1 to Aulani, 1 to Hilton Head, 2 to Vero Beach and 11 Disney cruises on the Magic, Wonder, Dream and Fantasy