Many pixies needed for lots of people who are still too young - Page 2 - PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums
PassPorter.com
Award-winning travel guidebooks

guidebooks   |   news   |   podcasts   |   boards   |   blog   |   worksheets   |   photos   |   articles   |   updates   |   register   |   follow us on

Go Back   PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums > PassPorter Villa: Sharing the Fun Together > The Family Room: Family and Friends
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

Old 09-07-2018, 02:06 PM   #16
KMB733
PassPorter Guide

Community Rank:
Legend Extraordinaire

Concierge Level: 6

Post Thanks / Like
That's very sad. It's always hard to try and make sense of someone so young dying. When I was a freshman in college, a good friend of mine from high school died. The hardest thing was that she wasn't sick and the autopsy never revealed a cause of death. Many pixies for your son and his friend's family.
4 days, 4 hours, 8 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW June 1979, WDW 1985, WDW 1987, WDW Oct 2003, WDW March 2004, WDW Oct 2004, WDW Sept 2005--Pop Century , WDW Nov 2006--Pop Century, WDW Jan 2007--Pop Century, WDW Nov/Dec 2009--Pop Century, DLR Oct 2011, WDW Dec 2014

Old 09-07-2018, 04:30 PM   #17
Huntermom
Community Rank: Explorer

Post Thanks / Like
Than you again. This man was diagnosed when his first child was 6 months, so at 4 she is an only child. He has also had a fine, albeit short career and I am sure his wife and child will be well cared for. They have a wonderful network of friends.

I thought about going down for the services but I just bought my ticket for a trip at the end ofthe month. My biggest (somewhat selfish concern) is that my grandchildren were very close to him and his family (his daughter is my grandson's best friend) yet at 2 and 4, they are too young to really understand.

Charlie

Old 09-07-2018, 05:04 PM   #18
revral
Community Rank: Scout

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntermom View Post
...My biggest (somewhat selfish concern) is that my grandchildren were very close to him and his family (his daughter is my grandson's best friend) yet at 2 and 4, they are too young to really understand.

I don't think this is selfish at all. It is a grandmother who loves her grandchildren and knows that because they were close to this man and his family and are friends with the daughter that they are going to be hurt and confused. There's not much if anything you can do long distance but I am sure, because if there's one thing I know about my fellow Passporters it's that they're a caring and supportive group, that if there was anything you could do to help you would. When these tragedies occur it's very easy for those that effected but not at the epicenter to be forgotten about (emotionally) and for children especially ones as young as your grandkids that can be devastating. : pixie:

Old 09-08-2018, 07:50 AM   #19
patclairesmom
Community Rank: Jetsetter

Post Thanks / Like

My Countdown Counting down to: Our Anniversary at Disney
26 days, 23 hours, 8 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsPOFQ-2004, POR/Poly-Nov 2007, POR 2008, POR 2012, Radisson Celebration 2012, AK-Kidani and Jambo 2013