Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.
To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.
Registered Message Board Members Get Our Free Newsletter! When you register you'll have the option to sign up for our weekly PassPorter Newsletter. It's chock-full of feature articles; news; tips; contests; photos; and special offers in our online store.
We have family visiting us from Cincinnati to start the month off. I'm going to Disney for a couple of nights just to get a break. Plus there is Mother's Day, my brother's birthday and mom's birthday. Pretty busy month.
Oh my! Yes.
1. Girls and I have a wedding shower this weekend for DD Samantha's best friend. I'm making crepes for 30.
2. DH and I are going away for a few days - by ourselves. The first time EVER we've taken more than a weekend to ourselves. in 29 years, we've only taken 2 weekends on our own. EVER. Our 'honeymoon' consisted of a night at a nice hotel - and then taking 'our' kids to Chuck E Cheese the next day (he had 2, I had 1 when we married).
3. Returning early for Samantha's best friend's wedding.
4. Niece graduates from Baylor with honors. (she's been accepted to Med School!)
5. DD Lauren starts work as a full time EMT (right now, she's a volunteer)
6. DD Samantha's husband's brother is getting married at Samantha's house - the girls, DH, and I will help get the house and grounds ready (the BiL and his fiancé live out of state)
7. IT's May in Indianapolis. RACE MONTH. lots of celebrations, lots of people from out of state, lots of roads closed, etc. Cousins from out of town to visit with and go out with, and well, more time spent!!
8. Oh - it's also: Mother's Day, we have DD Kathryn's b-day, 3 niece's b-days, DH's sister's b-day, a great nephew's b-day, and the anniversary of the deaths of DH's mom and our niece (separate events). And, I'm hoping to hear about a couple of job opportunities soon.
-May 1st is my niece's 1st birthday (my brother) celebrating on May 5th at his house- Pizza & cake, May 6th is my sister's 45th birthday, and mine is May 21st.... which I will be celebrating in Disney! Haven't been to Disney to celebrate my birthday since 2015! Nothing like it!
-My DS is coming home from college on May 11th- cannot wait! He is going with me to Disney!
-Mother's Day will be spent packing- don't mind at all!
-Hopefully I will get to Facetime with my DS in CA for my birthday- I told him that is what I want.
- Enjoying the smells of May as the lawns get cut and the flowers are blooming.
Kate in PA All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them- Walt Disney
I thought this would be a slow start to the summer but May is turning out to be the crazy start to summer instead.
We have my son's Pre-school graduation on the 7th (yes, Monday) and I am in charge of the class party. Not sure what I was thinking.
JB has been invited to 3 birthday parties this month, the first of which is today.
We hopefully will get a chance to refinish the deck and clean up the yard as we have had crazy weather and have not had any decent weather yet. Additionally, I would like to ease into visiting all the places we have memberships to now that school will be officially out.