app issue - PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums
PassPorter.com
Award-winning travel guidebooks

guidebooks   |   news   |   podcasts   |   boards   |   blog   |   worksheets   |   photos   |   articles   |   updates   |   register   |   follow us on

Go Back   PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Using Disney Tech: FastPass+, MagicBands, MyDisneyExperience, MyMagic+, MemoryMaker, Apps & More
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

Old 05-27-2018, 09:30 AM   #1
tom ferguson
Community Rank: Traveler

Post Thanks / Like
app issue

Apologies if this is a repeat problem:
I can't log into the Disney World app on my phone. I can log into everything else (WDW, DVC, DCL) on laptop & tablet.
The app won't accept the password, but, it's the same as on all the other sites.
Any thoughts?
Thanks.

Tom Ferguson - Cruella DeVil is DiVine!
DVC - Home Resort: Saratoga Springs
Disney Cruise Junky!
My PassPorter Bookshelf

Old 05-28-2018, 09:08 AM   #2
WillCAD
PassPorter Guide

Community Rank: Trailblazer

Concierge Level: 6

Post Thanks / Like
The app is a bit touchy, so it could be a problem with the app itself, or the system the app and web site connect to, but let's start with the basics:

1) Double-check that you're typing the user name correctly
2) Re-enter your password. Remember that passwords are case-sensitive (i.e. check your caps-lock and make sure you're capitalizing only the capital letters in your password).

Here's where it gets a little weird. I have had this problem on some of my phones in the past: sometimes the phone will pre-populate my password, but it won't do it until I start typing. I type a character, the phone enters the whole password, then I finish typing the password. Since the password is always shown as stars or dots whole I'm typing, I don't always notice that the phone is entering extra characters. Solution was to type a character or two, then backspace until the whole box is empty, then re-enter the password.

Next up, uninstall the Disney app completely from the device, then restart the device. Check for operating system updates and let the install. Then re-install the app and log into it fresh. This will get you the most recent version of the app, installed on the most up-to-date OS.

That's about the limit of my experience.

**Remember, you can always log into your Disney account through the web site, using the phone's browser. The mobile version of the site is designed to look and behave very much like the app. It's not as elegant as the app, but it works.

Old 05-30-2018, 07:26 AM   #3
tom ferguson

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks for the advice!

I tried to uninstall my app, but was not given that option in the Play Store. Instead, I clicked "install," & now have two listings for the same app.

Difference? The new one works!

I hadn't used the older app for over a year, so it may have missed out on an update or something of the like.

So, back in business, just in time for my June 1 arrival!

I appreciate your help. I can always count on Passporter!

Disney Cruise Junky!
My PassPorter Bookshelf

Old 05-30-2018, 12:12 PM   #4
DMA
Community Rank: Explorer

Concierge Level: 4

Post Thanks / Like
To uninstall an app, you have to go to settings. At least on the iPad, which I assume is similar to an iPhone. Then under general, you go to storage, where It will show a list of all your apps. When you click on one, it gives the option of deleting it.

Old 05-31-2018, 06:49 AM   #5
tom ferguson

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks for the info!
I've got an Android, &, the storage setting seems to work differently from an iPhone.
Will keep plugging.

Disney Cruise Junky!
My PassPorter Bookshelf