If you had to choose... - Page 2 - PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums
PassPorter.com
Award-winning travel guidebooks

guidebooks   |   news   |   podcasts   |   boards   |   blog   |   worksheets   |   photos   |   articles   |   updates   |   register   |   follow us on

Go Back   PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Feasting and Snacking: The Eateries at Walt Disney World
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

Old 05-30-2018, 06:43 PM   #16
aislinn0903
Community Rank: Adventurer

Concierge Level: 2

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelF View Post
It would be difficult to choose just one restaurant but if I had to I think I would choose Ohana. We really like everything there and its the one place I always leave with that I can't eat another bite feeling.
Ohana is definitely in my top 5 picks, but weve only ever had breakfast there. The characters are only there for breakfast, right? We absolutely love it, the food as well as the theming and the characters! Do you recommend it for lunch or dinner?

Old 05-30-2018, 06:45 PM   #17
aislinn0903
Community Rank: Adventurer

Concierge Level: 2

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks guys! Much appreciated!

Old 05-31-2018, 08:44 PM   #18
thinkpink
Community Rank: Globetrotter

Concierge Level: 5

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by aislinn0903 View Post
Ohana is definitely in my top 5 picks, but weve only ever had breakfast there. The characters are only there for breakfast, right? We absolutely love it, the food as well as the theming and the characters! Do you recommend it for lunch or dinner?
Ohana only serves Breakfast (character meal) and Dinner (no characters). There is no lunch service.

I definitely recommend Ohana for dinner. We have enjoyed many fun and satisfying meals there. We have only had breakfast one time and it was also nice but not as memorable as dinner.

"Disneyland has that thing - the imagination and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid."
--Walt Disney
My Countdown Counting down to: 2018 Family Vacation
Summertime!!!!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsPop Century 2017, Coronado Springs 2017, WDW and Universal Studios Coronado Springs 2016, Christmas 2015, WDW Animal Kingdom 2015, WDW Coronado Springs 2015, WDW Buena Vista Suites 2015, Disneyland Paris June 2014, Disneyland Paris December 2013, Disneyland Paris October 2013, WDW Buena Vista Suites 2013, WDW Buena Vista Suites 2012, Universal and Disney Offsite 2012, WDW Offsite 2011, WDW Port Orleans 2011, WDW Port Orleans 2010, WDW Port Orleans 2009, WDW PortOrleans 2008 , WDW Offsite 2007, WDW Caribbean Beach 1996

Old 06-02-2018, 04:16 PM   #19
Teresa
Community Rank: Legend

Concierge Level: 7

Post Thanks / Like
I think we're the odd ones - we don't like Ohana as much as we used to! For only 1 table service option, and not being adventurous eaters, I'd go with 1900 Parke Fare for dinner. Buffet, so there are lots of choices, and the character interaction is amazing.

Old 06-02-2018, 05:46 PM   #20
cattailmarsh
Community Rank: Scout

Post Thanks / Like
I too love 'Ohana. If only doing one and no one is an adventurous eater I would choose Crystal Palace for lunch or dinner. Both have huge diverse buffets full of yummy treats. My family also loves Coral Reef. Another option would be lunch at Be Our Guest. It is such a great atmosphere there and dining there no matter what meal would be great. We just did BOG for dinner this past trip for the first time and I know it will not be the last meal there...everyone loved it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Old 06-03-2018, 08:37 PM   #21
minemoz1
Community Rank: Trailblazer

Post Thanks / Like
I love O'hana for dinner and if you can eat early enough, enjoy the fireworks on the beach plus a dole whip for dessert. Otherwise, I'd say Sci-fi or 50s prime time. We've had great burgers and shakes at Sci-fi and it's a one of a kind dining experience. You will not eat anywhere else like it. However, the way the cars are situated, you may not be able to sit 3 to a row (in the cars). Usually it's 2 people to a row so 1 would sit by themselves.

If you want something out of a park, Bongos at Disney Springs has a live band and dancers. The food is good too.

I'm living the dream 20 minutes from Disney! Next trip...tomorrow.

Last edited by minemoz1; 06-03-2018 at 08:52 PM..