For those that have gotten a Flight of Passage Fastpass, is it possible to get on and off the ride in 45 minutes or less? - PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums
PassPorter.com
Award-winning travel guidebooks

guidebooks   |   news   |   podcasts   |   boards   |   blog   |   worksheets   |   photos   |   articles   |   updates   |   register   |   follow us on

Go Back   PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Using Disney Tech: FastPass+, MagicBands, MyDisneyExperience, MyMagic+, MemoryMaker, Apps & More
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

Old 03-09-2018, 08:54 PM   #1
CinderAbby
Community Rank: Legend

Concierge Level: 3

Post Thanks / Like
For those that have gotten a Flight of Passage Fastpass, is it possible to get on and off the ride in 45 minutes or less?

This may seem like a strange question but it's really not. It seems sometimes when we use a FP, there's not much fast about it. Yes, when you have a 3+ hour line, it is much definitely faster but other times I swear if it's a 30 to 45 minute wait, depending upon the ride we wait that long in the FP line which defeats the purpose of having gotten the FP. But anyway, with FoP being as popular as it is, if I get FP's for it (Abby wants to try it out) would it be possible to get through the queue, the pre show and the ride in 45 minutes or under? I'm trying to juggle my itinerary for this year and a good time to do this is before our dinner and that is the amount of time I have figured between everything else we want to do and when we have to check in for dinner.

I know there are no guarantees as things could happen but if it seems normal to spend that kind of time in the FP line there, I'll juggle some more and do it at a different time. If most people spend less time in line, I might leave it as is.

TIA for tips/experiences/etc
My Previous TripsAll WDW - July 1980 off property - July 1981 FW - July 1983 FW - July 1985 FW - August 1987 FW - July 1988 Treehouse Villas - July 1990 Treehouse Villas - July 1997 FW - August 2006 AS Sports, 1st time with DH and DD - August 2008 AS Sports - August 2009 AS Sports - August 2010 AS Sports - July 2011 AS Sports - August 2013 AS Music - August 2014 AS Music - August 2015 AS Music - August 2016 AS Music - August 2018 AS Music, Kate (lovewdw2) joined us for the weekend

Old 03-10-2018, 02:35 AM   #2
chezp
PassPorter Message Board Manager
PassPorter Guide Author

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Post Thanks / Like
It's times like this I'm glad I take so many photos, as I could go back and look at the time I took the first photo as we went on Flight of Passage (we used the Disability Access Card, not a Fastpass) and the photos I took when we came out. I thought it would be longer, but the time difference is only about half an hour from start to finishing up in the shop, which surprised me. It felt like longer is all I'll say, as the pre-show felt like it went on forever....

Relaxing on board the Magic. The trip report for our back-to-back cruises on the Disney Magic has started!
My Countdown Counting down to: A Christmas visit from my parents
3 days, 4 hours, 47 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous Trips21 trips to WDW, 6 to Disneyland in California, 9 to Disneyland Paris, 1 to Hong Kong Disneyland, 1 to Tokyo Disney, 1 to Aulani, 1 to Hilton Head, 2 to Vero Beach and 13 Disney cruises on the Magic, Wonder, Dream and Fantasy

Old 03-10-2018, 09:19 AM   #3
CinderAbby

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by chezp View Post
It's times like this I'm glad I take so many photos, as I could go back and look at the time I took the first photo as we went on Flight of Passage (we used the Disability Access Card, not a Fastpass) and the photos I took when we came out. I thought it would be longer, but the time difference is only about half an hour from start to finishing up in the shop, which surprised me. It felt like longer is all I'll say, as the pre-show felt like it went on forever....
At first I had the dilemma of Abby's DAS or FP for this ride. I chose to go with FP so we can use the DAS for other rides that have shorter wait times (including the river journey). As for the pres-show. I know what you mean. I've seen it online and I think it's long and drawn out. That's good news - for me at least - that you were in there about 30 minutes. And you're not the only one to use photos for the times you do things - I do too.
My Previous TripsAll WDW - July 1980 off property - July 1981 FW - July 1983 FW - July 1985 FW - August 1987 FW - July 1988 Treehouse Villas - July 1990 Treehouse Villas - July 1997 FW - August 2006 AS Sports, 1st time with DH and DD - August 2008 AS Sports - August 2009 AS Sports - August 2010 AS Sports - July 2011 AS Sports - August 2013 AS Music - August 2014 AS Music - August 2015 AS Music - August 2016 AS Music - August 2018 AS Music, Kate (lovewdw2) joined us for the weekend

Old 03-10-2018, 10:30 AM   #4
DsnyDiva
Community Rank: Jetsetter

Concierge Level: 9

Post Thanks / Like
we had 3 fast passes for Flights of passage in August and all 3 times we were in and out before 45 minutes , total was 35 minutes from start to finish. have fun. This ride is by far my favorite now in all of Disney.

Deck 11 on The Disney Dream
Renee'
My Countdown Counting down to: Family vacation for 4, Yeah!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsMarch 2004 (off Resort) April 2010, Dh & I , Pop Century, August 2011 , Family vacation, 4 plus 1, Pop Century, A trip for 5 @ Port Orleans Riverside August 2019 August 2012 , Family Vacation, 3 plus 1 , at POR, August 2013, A trip for two DH & I , Pop Century, August 2014, Family trip ,POP Century and Disney Dream, November 2015, because DH said so, DH&I ..Yippe! All Star Music August 2016, family fun of 4 , at Caribbean Beach Resort , August 2017, a trip for 4 plus 2, family fun at All Star Sports August 2018 The Young's & The Leclaire's do Disney again Pop Century

Old 03-10-2018, 11:10 AM   #5
CinderAbby

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by DsnyDiva View Post
we had 3 fast passes for Flights of passage in August and all 3 times we were in and out before 45 minutes , total was 35 minutes from start to finish. have fun. This ride is by far my favorite now in all of Disney.
How did you get 3 of them for this ride? You must have been in the right place at the right time. Every time I've checked Touring Plans (which tells what's left) it always tells me FoP and the river journey have none left. Granted, I'm not going until August so it doesn't matter but I'm just trying to get a sense of what I should pick before we go and what I'll be able to get while there.

Old 03-11-2018, 08:24 AM   #6
DsnyDiva

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderAbby View Post
How did you get 3 of them for this ride? You must have been in the right place at the right time. Every time I've checked Touring Plans (which tells what's left) it always tells me FoP and the river journey have none left. Granted, I'm not going until August so it doesn't matter but I'm just trying to get a sense of what I should pick before we go and what I'll be able to get while there.
I got lucky I guess, I had my computer open with 3 tabs, I always do this on fp day and it was pretty easy to snag all 3. I was sitting and waiting and immediately when 7 hit I made the selections. We also go in August and I'll be sure to be ready again. After our first time riding, we were beyond excited to know we'd ride it 2 more times last trip.
Good luck, it's the most amazing experience.

Renee'
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsMarch 2004 (off Resort) April 2010, Dh & I , Pop Century, August 2011 , Family vacation, 4 plus 1, Pop Century, A trip for 5 @ Port Orleans Riverside August 2019 August 2012 , Family Vacation, 3 plus 1 , at POR, August 2013, A trip for two DH & I , Pop Century, August 2014, Family trip ,POP Century and Disney Dream, November 2015, because DH said so, DH&I ..Yippe! All Star Music August 2016, family fun of 4 , at Caribbean Beach Resort , August 2017, a trip for 4 plus 2, family fun at All Star Sports August 2018 The Young's & The Leclaire's do Disney again Pop Century

Old 03-11-2018, 08:54 AM   #7
CinderAbby

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
I got lucky I guess, I had my computer open with 3 tabs, I always do this on fp day and it was pretty easy to snag all 3. I was sitting and waiting and immediately when 7 hit I made the selections. We also go in August and I'll be sure to be ready again. After our first time riding, we were beyond excited to know we'd ride it 2 more times last trip.
Good luck, it's the most amazing experience.
So I still don't get how you managed to get three FP for this ride - were they all on different days or for one day? And if for one day, how were you allowed three when everything I've read said you can only get 1 FP ahead of time per ride - especially this ride.

Old 03-11-2018, 08:00 PM   #8
DsnyDiva

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderAbby View Post
So I still don't get how you managed to get three FP for this ride - were they all on different days or for one day? And if for one day, how were you allowed three when everything I've read said you can only get 1 FP ahead of time per ride - especially this ride.
I had 3 FP over the course of our 12 day trip. They were not on the same day. They were spread out over the course of our 12 days. I had no problems at my 60 day mark doing my fast passes and on the 3 days we were going to AK, I got 1 Fast Pass for FOP for each of the 3 days we were in Animal Kingdom.
Not sure how else I can explain it.
But yes, we rode it 3x in August utilizing 3 fast passes

Renee'
My PassPorter Bookshelf

Old 03-11-2018, 08:09 PM   #9
CinderAbby

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
I had 3 FP over the course of our 12 day trip. They were not on the same day. They were spread out over the course of our 12 days. I had no problems at my 60 day mark doing my fast passes and on the 3 days we were going to AK, I got 1 Fast Pass for FOP for each of the 3 days we were in Animal Kingdom.
Not sure how else I can explain it.
But yes, we rode it 3x in August utilizing 3 fast passes
Getting them on three different days explains it all. For some reason I was thinking you got them all on the same day and it was really boggling my mind how that could happen and I wanted to know your "secret" for doing it. Now I know - use multiple browsers (which is good thinking actually).