Birthday Cakes (at resort)? - PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums
PassPorter.com
Award-winning travel guidebooks

guidebooks   |   news   |   podcasts   |   boards   |   blog   |   worksheets   |   photos   |   articles   |   updates   |   register   |   follow us on

Go Back   PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Making More Magic: Everything Else at Walt Disney World!
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

Old 07-09-2018, 11:22 PM   #1
Dani S
Community Rank: Adventurer

Concierge Level: 7

Post Thanks / Like
Birthday Cakes (at resort)?

Has anyone ever ordered a birthday cake from Disney to be delivered to your resort room? We are thinking about getting one during our upcoming trip and I'm wondering how it works and if they are worth it?

My dad and daughter share a birthday (she was the best birthday present he ever got ). We will be at WDW on their actual birthdays. My DD is turning 9, my dad is turning 80!!!

"Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free." -Jiminy Cricket

My PassPorter Bookshelf

Old 07-10-2018, 04:21 AM   #2
Her Dotness
Community Rank: Explorer

Concierge Level: 3

Post Thanks / Like
Didn’t you say elsewhere you’re leaving this Friday? If so, you’re unfortunately too late to order a cake other than the very basic ones readily available. A decorated one delivered to your resort requires an order nearly a month in advance.

We looked into doing that once and thought the prices ridiculous.

For a plainly iced cake just six inches across, you’ll pay around $50-$55. Anything more elaborate will cost somewhat more.

Cakes come with plates, utensils, napkins and a cake server, so you’ll be fully supplied. You can also request birthday candles.

I suggest calling the Disney Cakes line (407-827-2253) to see what’s possible. You might also drop in at Amorette’s in DSpgs to see what they could do.

If you say you’re celebrating two birthdays when checking in at TS restaurants, the birthday folks may get free cupcakes with lighted candles. Also, be sure to ask for birthday buttons for them and “I’m Celebrating” ones for the rest of the family when checking in at your resort.
My Previous TripsWDW 10/2017--VGF; WDW 12/2015--GF; WDW 11/2014--WL; WDW 11/2013--GF; WDW 1/2010--GF; WDW 7/2004--CR Tower /// DH to WDW several times in the 1970's & 1984; Me DL 1969.

Old 07-10-2018, 10:07 AM   #3
Dani S
Community Rank: Adventurer

Concierge Level: 7

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Her Dotness View Post
Didn’t you say elsewhere you’re leaving this Friday? If so, you’re unfortunately too late to order a cake other than the very basic ones readily available. A decorated one delivered to your resort requires an order nearly a month in advance.

We looked into doing that once and thought the prices ridiculous.

For a plainly iced cake just six inches across, you’ll pay around $50-$55. Anything more elaborate will cost somewhat more.

Cakes come with plates, utensils, napkins and a cake server, so you’ll be fully supplied. You can also request birthday candles.

I suggest calling the Disney Cakes line (407-827-2253) to see what’s possible. You might also drop in at Amorette’s in DSpgs to see what they could do.

If you say you’re celebrating two birthdays when checking in at TS restaurants, the birthday folks may get free cupcakes with lighted candles. Also, be sure to ask for birthday buttons for them and “I’m Celebrating” ones for the rest of the family when checking in at your resort.

Yikes! Guess we're way too late and that's A LOT for a small cake! Yes, we are leaving on Friday (just 3 days ). Since we'll be at Saratoga Springs when we need the cake, going to Amorette's is a very good idea! We can walk over there from SS. Thanks!

"Any wish is possible. All it takes is a little courage to set it free." -Jiminy Cricket

My PassPorter Bookshelf