Pixies for the right decision-the time is near - Page 2 - PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums
PassPorter.com
Award-winning travel guidebooks

guidebooks   |   news   |   podcasts   |   boards   |   blog   |   worksheets   |   photos   |   articles   |   updates   |   register   |   follow us on

Go Back   PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums > PassPorter Villa: Sharing the Fun Together > The Family Room: Family and Friends
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

Old 07-07-2018, 05:06 PM   #16
cattailmarsh
Community Rank: Scout

Post Thanks / Like
Dear Huntermom...this past year we struggled from November til January about when to put my Grandmother's darling dachshund down. Snickers had cancer and the vet told us that we would know. She told us what symptoms we were looking for and we struggled deciding if we had reached her that point. Looking back Snickers did exactly what your furbaby is...struggling and then bouncing back. Qe didnt even buy him Christmas gifts until the last second. In the end, the decision was clear in the end. And if you are questioning it...then it probably is not time. Even your trusted vet will not know your dog as well as you, thereby you are the person who will know when. We prayed and begged for guidance. Many pixies for you during these difficult moments. On a side note - I was away on a class trip when they had no choice but to put my beloved show dog down...I understood. However, my parents also out my cat of 18 years down while I was away at school and preceded to replace him before I returned from school. This never sat well with me and that cat whom I know they rescued from a horrid situation never took to me like our others animals. Try and wait for your daughter if it doesn't put your furbaby in any prolonged pain and definitely keep her in the loop. Prayers and pixies for all of you.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Old 07-07-2018, 06:26 PM   #17
KathleenAnn
Community Rank: Traveler

Post Thanks / Like
Having gone through this not too long ago I am so sorry for you. It truly was one of the hardest decisions I made in my life. The one thing I had to tell myself was not to be selfish. I did not want her to go. She was nearing 15 years old and had some health problems, but nothing major. I think that is what made it so hard. The time came when I just felt that she was tired and did not have the energy to fight the issues she had. But it was almost as though she did not want to give up and leave us. But one night I was petting her and looked into her eyes as she was falling asleep with her head on my lap. As she slept I felt a peacefulness come over her and me, and knew what I had to do. I had to tell myself that we gave her a safe, happy and great life that she would not have had without us. We rescued her and she showed us how grateful she was every day. You will know. Your girl will help you know. Pixies for you at this difficult time. You are in my thoughts.

Old 07-08-2018, 07:04 AM   #18
shazza
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

Community Rank: Globetrotter

Concierge Level: 6

Post Thanks / Like

Sending good thoughts at this difficult time.

Old 07-08-2018, 09:45 AM   #19
Mouseketeer
Community Rank: Jetsetter

Post Thanks / Like
Many for you as you struggle with your decision. We went through the same thing with our border collie a few years ago. It was so hard to say goodbye, and while we did second guess our decision at times, we know we did the right thing as she was losing strength in her legs and eating less.

One thing I did was I bought a beautiful white daylily and planted it in her memory near a St. Francis statue. There is a daylily farm near where I live and I chose one with an appropriate name (Gentle Shepherd). It blooms every year (in fact it just had its last bloom on Friday for this year). It brought me comfort at the time and is a nice reminder every year. I know you are going to be moving soon, but maybe that is something you could plant at your new home.

My Previous Trips21 past trips to WDW, beginning with my first trip in 1981. Most recent trip - Nov 2012 POR.

Old 07-08-2018, 12:19 PM   #20
Luvsun
Wishing I was at WDW!

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank:
Legend Extraordinaire

Concierge Level: 7

Post Thanks / Like

Luvsun ~ Passporter Guide for~Making More Magic, Going Behind the Scenes, Feasting and Snacking, and The Sunroom
My Countdown Counting down to: Johnson family vacation in Breckinridge!
10 days, 2 hours, 48 minutes
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsChristmas 1971 first visit for our family, 1978 River Country and MK (honeymoon), March 1989 first WDW visit for my three sons, Jan. 1996 Poly, Jan. 2000 AS Sport and Disney Institute Bungalows ( now SSR), April 03 AKL, Aug. 04 Pop, April 05 AKL, Aug. 05 Pop and BC, April 06 WL, Sep. 06 POFQ, April 07 Poly, August 07 BWI, October 07 POR, Dec. 07 OKW. Feb. 08 CS, April 08 WLV, June 08 OKW and AKLV, Nov. 08 AKLV (solo trip!), Feb. 09 SSR, May 09 SSR (DoD tour - solo!), Oct. 09 BCV, Jan. 10 OKW for my birthday!, April 10 AKLV, Aug. 10 WLV, Dec, 10 WLV and ALKV., April 2011 POFQ, June 2011 AKLV Club level and Kidani Village, Nov 2011 OKW, June 2012 AKLV, Oct. 2012, CBR, April 2013, BWV, Oct. 2013 VWL, AKL Kidani Village May 2014, WL Aug. 2014, Art of Animation Oct. 2014, Dec. 2014 WLV, May 2015 OKW, July 2015 BLT, Oct. 2015 AKL Kidani, Sep. 2016 Polynesian Villas/Beach Club Villas, Dec. 2016 WLV, May 2017 BCV, Sep. 2017 All Star Movies, Nov. 2017 AKLV Jambo House, Feb. 2018 WLV, May 2018 WLV

Old 07-08-2018, 02:07 PM   #21
KMB733
PassPorter Guide

Community Rank:
Legend Extraordinaire

Concierge Level: 6

Post Thanks / Like
It's Unicorn Birthday Party Time
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW June 1979, WDW 1985, WDW 1987, WDW Oct 2003, WDW March 2004, WDW Oct 2004, WDW Sept 2005--Pop Century , WDW Nov 2006--Pop Century, WDW Jan 2007--Pop Century, WDW Nov/Dec 2009--Pop Century, DLR Oct 2011, WDW Dec 2014

Old 07-08-2018, 11:51 PM   #22
tcmary
Community Rank: Trekker

Post Thanks / Like

Me Us
My Countdown Counting down to: The Best Birthday Party Ever - Celebrating at Disney
My Previous TripsWDW - Contemporary 1974, DL July 1979, WDW Aug. 1981, WDW Poly Jan. 03, Oct. 08 & 09, CBR 2011

Old 07-09-2018, 06:37 AM   #23
Huntermom
Community Rank: Explorer

Post Thanks / Like
I think the pixies are helping my little girls feel better. After I wrote this Friday night she has been doing pretty well for a 14 and a half year old dog. She is up and about, begging for food when I eat and is able to get up and down without any struggle.

And your stories are much appreciated. Sometimes I wonder if it's me who is overthinking this but I can see how all of you found the decision just as difficult. I think it's not helped that when I decided I would move, I knew it would likely be with one dog, not two.

Charlie

Old 07-10-2018, 06:35 PM   #24
Colexis Mom
RED SOX NATION!!

What's this?

PassPorter Guide

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Concierge Level: 9

Post Thanks / Like
My Previous TripsAUG '16 - POFQ, APR '12 - POFQ, JUL '10 - DL, AUG '09 - DCL Western, AUG '08 - POFQ/BC, AUG '06 - AKL/BC/DisneyWonder/Poly, DEC '05 - AKL, APR '05 - AKL/BC, DEC '04 - AKL, MAY '04 - AKL/BC, MAY '03 - WL/BC, MAY '98 -offsite, MAY '94 - BC, AUG '85 - Poly, AUG '83 - Poly, AUG '81 - Poly, JUL '79 - World Inn, JUL '76 - World Inn