No nighttime parade this holiday season. - PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums
PassPorter.com
Award-winning travel guidebooks

guidebooks   |   news   |   podcasts   |   boards   |   blog   |   worksheets   |   photos   |   articles   |   updates   |   register   |   follow us on

Go Back   PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums > PassPorter's Disneyland Resort California > DL: Touring the Lands: Disney Parks
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

Old 12-04-2017, 10:14 AM   #1
KimmyAnn1147
Community Rank: Globetrotter

Post Thanks / Like
No nighttime parade this holiday season.

I just experience DLR without a nighttime parade. It was still difficult to navigate Main Street near the park entrance due to the candlelight processional, but overall, after multiple holiday trips with either paint the night or the ELP, it was really nice to be able to get around the hub without the intense holiday crowd traffic control.

There is still plenty of evening entertainment. I know for my next trip, I will be hoping for parade-free evenings in DL. I'm glad PTN is going to be next door at DCA.

An added bonus is that without PTN, the holiday garland is back across Main Street. So nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and then....
My Countdown Counting down to: Challengers Meet at WDW
106 days, 7 hours, 38 minutes
My Previous TripsDisneyland 1985 (age 8); Disneyland 1991 (age 13); Disneyland 1998 x 3; WDW 1999; Disneyland Paris 2007; Disneyland 2013; WDW 2014; Disneyland 2015; DL Hong Kong 2016; DL Shanghai 2016 (!), Disneyland 2016

Old 12-04-2017, 12:34 PM   #2
chezp
PassPorter Message Board Manager
PassPorter Guide Author

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Concierge Level: 3

Post Thanks / Like
Glad to hear it's working for you.

Relaxing in Montreux on our weekend break in Switzerland. The pre-trip report for our back-to-back cruises on the Disney Magic is now underway.
My Countdown Counting down to: Starting our second cruise on the Magic
Heading to Quebec City
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous Trips21 trips to WDW, 6 to Disneyland in California, 9 to Disneyland Paris, 1 to Hong Kong Disneyland, 1 to Tokyo Disney, 1 to Aulani, 1 to Hilton Head, 2 to Vero Beach and 11 Disney cruises on the Magic, Wonder, Dream and Fantasy