memory maker - PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums
PassPorter.com
Award-winning travel guidebooks

guidebooks   |   news   |   podcasts   |   boards   |   blog   |   worksheets   |   photos   |   articles   |   updates   |   register   |   follow us on

Go Back   PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Using Disney Tech: FastPass+, MagicBands, MyDisneyExperience, MyMagic+, MemoryMaker, Apps & More
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

Old 02-16-2017, 08:54 PM   #1
ellen619
Community Rank: Wayfarer

Post Thanks / Like
memory maker

We purchased the memory maker last Sept when we went to WDW and after we got them I realized nobody did any of the "magic" picture that we had during some of our earlier trips. We don't get them all the time, but this was my DGD first trip and some of them would have been nice.
So now I am going with a friend and it will be her daughter's first trip so she wants to get the Memory maker I am taking Shea again and if we could get some she would love it.
Is there an update of what they are doing so if I need to I can ask
My Previous TripsFW Oct. 1996, WL Sept2005, caribbean, RCCL June 2006,Sept 2007, Bermuda Oct 2009, Sept 10

Old 02-16-2017, 10:07 PM   #2
WillCAD
PassPorter Guide

Community Rank: Trailblazer

Concierge Level: 6

Post Thanks / Like
Disney is always changing up the Magic Shots, adding new ones and moving photographers around, particularly around holidays and special occasions. So I don't know of any really comprehensive list. But the Disney parks blog has a PR person who writes entries about Magic Shots. Here is her list of blog entries:
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...uthard/page/2/

To be sure you don't miss out on any, you should make it part of your routine when getting your photo taken to ask the PhotoPass photographer whether they do any MagicShots. Some photographers do multiples - I once got about six done at once at the Epcot Fountain of Nations.

Old 02-17-2017, 06:23 PM   #3
allgiggles
Community Rank: Adventurer

Post Thanks / Like
I agree with WillCAD -- just ask every time you stop to get a picture taken by a photographer. A lot of photographers are able to do them but don't necessarily mention that they do them. Our kids are all teens and adults but we still like getting magic shots so every time we stop for a picture we simply say, "Do you do any magic shots?" I just saw an article yesterday that there is a new magic shot near the Tangled bathrooms in MK. The "magic" is the floating lanterns from the movie.
My Previous TripsWDW - Lake Buena Vista Village March 1979; WDW offsite April 1979; WDW offsite April 1981; ASMo June 2001; PC June 2004; PC May 2009; PC June 2011; AoA Lion King June 2013; AoA Lion King June 2015; AoA Nemo June 2016