Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.
To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.
What is your favorite snacks, snacks you didn't like, and a snacks you have yet to try?
So many snacks at Disney....and I TRY every trip but sometimes it depends on what is going on....
1. Cotton Candy- only at Confectionery in MK
2. Kaki Gori- Epcot
3. Caramel Marshmallow- only at Germany in Epcot
4. French ice cream- France in Epcot
5. Sprinkles- Great cupcakes
6. Amorette's Patisserie- YUM!
1. Funnel Cake- it was okay.
2. Ample Hills- I tried it, it was okay.
3. Dole Whip- I haven't tried this but I just don't think I will like it.
1. Cronut- looks good
2. Beaches & Cream- any ice cream
3. Hummingbird Cake- at Homecoming- can't wait
4. Flavored popcorn- Epcot
5. Cinnamon Bun at Gaston's in MK
I am sure there are more......
Please tell me yours.....Thank you for Participating
Kate in PA All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them- Walt Disney
Like you said Kate, so many snacks - and so few we've actually tried over the years. And it wasn't for lack of planning. Trying snacks is always in the plans but once we get to Disney, between the heat and eating a filling breakfast, the only snacks we tend to eat are the ones we bring with us. I'd like to say this year will be different but I tend to doubt it. I can put a few on the list though
Mickey Bars - when we originally tried them, they didn't taste very good (maybe it was a bad batch?) but we gave them a second chance. They're good but if we don't get them on our trip, we're okay with it. Abby prefers the ice cream sandwiches though.
The Sponge cake thing over in the UK. It was okay - not enough cream for our liking but at least we tried it
Churros from the Mexico Pavilion. Again, we tried it. Lenny and Abby really disliked them. I don't remember disliking them but I don't remember loving them either.
It’s more of a tradition, but I just love to get the krispie treats from the MK confectionary. I used to really love the sweet cream cheese pretzels that were served at that little stand in the back of old Fantasyland, but I haven’t seen them in a really long time, since that stand closed during the expansion. If they’re still around, I would definitely eat those again.
There are loads we haven’t tried. My son isn’t much of a snacker. He’d rather just have something to drink.
As for those I didn’t like, definitely the Dole Whip. Ick, Yuck, and all other unpleasant descriptions. I hated it. I threw 3/4 of it in the trash. School bread...okay, but nothing I can’t live without.
Registered Message Board Members Get Our Free Newsletter! When you register you'll have the option to sign up for our weekly PassPorter Newsletter. It's chock-full of feature articles; news; tips; contests; photos; and special offers in our online store.
1. Used to be krispie treats. Oddly, I preferred the packaged ones loaded with preservatives. Not sure why, but they just tasted better to me than the Confectionery’s fresh-made ones.
Since last trip, I’ve gotten so accustomed to eating fruit or a few nuts as a snack, I doubt I can stand anything that sugary anymore.
2. Werther’s caramel popcorn. This, I expect I’ll still like as it’s more buttery than sugary.
3. The French F&WF escargot-stuffed croissant with garlic-parsley sauce. I had to restrain myself from making embarrassing noises while eating this. One of the most decadent things I’ve ever eaten.
1. Dole whip! Which really surprised me because I looooovvve pineapple. That stuff tasted nothing like pineapple to me. Just nasty chemicals. Icky-yukko!
2. Mickey bar. Never was a big fan of chocolate-dipped vanilla bars. These taste worse than most to me.
Lots of stuff.
We both eat far too much at meals to want to snack. We use snack credits primarily for Disney-exclusive goodies to take home.
"I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it." -- Alice (Alice in Wonderland)
I can't remember everything I have tried. I think the mickey bars are my favorite since I have several each trip. I remember when we first went to WDW and the Mickey Bars were much bigger. If they get any smaller I think I will need to get two each time.
1. No Way Jose ice cream sundae at Beaches and Cream - it is too much for one person, so I always share!
2. Caramel corn from Germany
3. Caramel apple - only at Germany in Epcot
4. Strawberry tart from the Patisserie in France
5. Mickey Mouse ice cream sandwich
6. Dole Whip Float
7. Mickey Rice Krispie treat
8. Cheesecake brownie from the Boardwalk Bakery - the original recipe. It was amazing!!!! I tried it again a few years later and they changed it - it didn't taste the same!
1. Cream cheese stuffed pretzel - it is ok - just I don't think I will ever get another one.
2. Sour cream and onion flavored popcorn -
2. Cupcake from Sprinkles
3. The new mermaid cupcake - I really want to try one!! I hope they still have them when we go in October!
5. Turkey Leg
I am sure there are many more snacks I have never tried!
One of these days I am going to do a trip where I only eat counter service and snacks!
Dole Whip, in a float or with rum (at AK)
Chocolate-dipped pineapple and marshmallows at the Karamel shop in Germany
Kaki-Gori (any flavor, hold the milk)
Popcorn - not the flavored stuff, just the plain popcorn from carts everywhere
Mickey crispy treats - we take plenty home with us
Sugared nuts - tasty and they smell great too
Giant Mickey-shaped chocolate chip cookie with dipped ears - rich and big enough to share (and I don't share gladly in most cases, but this works)
Chocolate mousse, creme brulet and pretty much anything else at the French bakery
Apple strudel with vanilla sauce in Germany
I used to love the oatmeal cookies served at our food court but they have been gone for the past few years; even asking a manager didn't get them to reappear.
School bread - more "eh" than actually a dislike. Just a big stuffed doughnut.
Layered cupcake in a cup from the Cheshire Cafe in MK - pretty much the only treat I ever tossed in the trash after a couple of bites. WAY too sweet and not worth the calories. I am guessing one of the reasons they don't have it anymore is that too many people felt the same.
-caramel (plain) and caramel popcorn at Germany. These are my must for every trip!
-any of the ice creams in France.
-dole whip float. Just very refreshing on a hot day.
-cupcakes or brownie from Sprinkles. OMG so good!
-school bread. I just don't get it, yuk.
-funky candy apples with all the stuff on them. Enough said.
-Mickey bars. I would eat on if it happened upon me for free...but waste a snack credit? NO.
Need to try/goal for this trip in 29 days:
-Sundae from the Plaza Ice Cream Shop in MK.
-Churro ice cream sandwich which is brand new. I've never had a churro so we shall see...
-"pop tarts" in Woody's Lunchbox
We are doing the dining plan for the first time in a few years and have plans for those 2 snack credits per day!!
5/02 AKL*8/09 POR*10/10 ASMu*8/11 Pop*2/12 ASMu*8/12 POFQ*2/13 ASM*8/13 CB *4/14 AoA*8/14 AKL*8/15 CS*2/16 Disney Magic*8/16 Split stay! POR/BC*2/17 Disney Fantasy & OKW*8/17 Poly/AKL*1/18 ASMu*8/18 SS/?? split stay!
I still have SO many I need to try but here's my limited experience list:
•Last trip we tried the sugary pecans from a cart in AK because the smell was too tempting. Best decision ever
•Candy Apple from MK Confectionary
•Rice Krispie treats from MK confectionary. I don't like them all loaded down with toppings so I usually get the balls.
•DH loved the peanut brittle they used to have there
•DD loved the macarons they used to have there. She loves kaki girl and the frozen bananas, the latter of which was pretty much what she survived on last trip as she was battling mono and it's the only thing she could eat without nausea
•DS loves the cart popcorn. Loves.
•Dole Whip float. Oh dear God no. I LOVE pineapple but took one taste and threw it away. Blech
Never tri d:
Too many to list. Hoping to change that on our next trip in Sept. We don't snack much so have to consciously try some.