What to wear to California Grill? - PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums
PassPorter.com
Award-winning travel guidebooks

guidebooks   |   news   |   podcasts   |   boards   |   blog   |   worksheets   |   photos   |   articles   |   updates   |   register   |   follow us on

Go Back   PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Feasting and Snacking: The Eateries at Walt Disney World
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

Old 07-14-2003, 12:22 PM   #1
Cinderbrella
Community Rank: Jetsetter

Post Thanks / Like
Re: What to wear to California Grill?

I agree with Dad2jbj. My husband wore khakis and a polo shirt, and I wore a sundress with sweater (get chilled from AC) and we felt very comfortable. Have a great dinner!!

Old 07-14-2003, 01:28 PM   #2
imported_Carole
Community Rank: Traveler

Post Thanks / Like

With the obvious exception of V&As, the restaurants are used to folks coming and going in their "park" attire. If you want to make it a more special evening, then by all means, get cleaned up a little. You can set the tone for whatever feels good to you. Sometimes we are eating after a pretty hectic day and don't want to take time (or bother)to get all gussied up. Other times, we are wanting to make a memorable evening of it, and that includes a bit more attention to our attire. You make the call....
Carole

Old 07-14-2003, 11:05 PM   #3
Leighanne
Community Rank: Traveler

Post Thanks / Like
What to wear to California Grill?

We have a PS at California Grill for dinner and to watch the MK fireworks. I'm pretty sure I'm going to wear a sundress of some sort, but what do guys normally wear there? Can I tell DBF that khackis and a polo shirt are ok?? Let me know.

Old 07-14-2003, 11:15 PM   #4
AKLRULZ
Community Rank: Legend

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely you'll be dressed just fine in what ya'll have chosen - in fact, expect to see many people dressed in what they toured in - shorts, etc. I personally think it's fun to dress up in sharp classy casual attire to eat, though - you'll look great!

Old 07-15-2003, 12:45 AM   #5
chezp
PassPorter Message Board Manager
PassPorter Guide Author

Community Rank:
Legend VIP

Concierge Level: 3

Post Thanks / Like

DH went for a smart pair of black jeans and a polo shirt and didn't feel out of place at all. We saw a lot of people there in shorts, but we went in shorts on our honeymoon and did feel a little underdressed there. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-15-2003, 08:35 PM   #6
statelady01
Community Rank: Explorer

Post Thanks / Like

We ate there last Saturday and there was a mix of all sorts but DH fit right in with a polo and really nice khaki shorts. I called before hand and the only no no was tank tops and bathing suits- I think she used the term "resort casual."

You'll love it!!

[img]graemlins/wavin.gif[/img]