Credit Card Holds - PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums
PassPorter.com
Award-winning travel guidebooks

guidebooks   |   news   |   podcasts   |   boards   |   blog   |   worksheets   |   photos   |   articles   |   updates   |   register   |   follow us on

Go Back   PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums > PassPorter's Walt Disney World Resort (Florida) > Staying in Style: The Resorts/Hotels at Walt Disney World
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

Old 04-26-2012, 04:41 PM   #1
kadterp
Community Rank: Explorer

Post Thanks / Like
Credit Card Holds

Hi there! I think I already know the answer for this, but I wanted to double check!

When you use a credit card in Disney for room charging privileges, is the hold for Deluxe resorts $1500?

Thanks you guys!

"I am a runner because I run. Not because I run fast. Not because I run far. I am a runner because I say I am. And no one can tell me I'm not."-- John Bingham
My Countdown Counting down to: Disney's Tinker Bell Pixie Dust Challenge!
2nd time to Disneyland!
My Previous Trips1989 CBR, 1993 GF, 1999 FWL, 2000 YC, 2001 YC, 2002 YC, 2003 YC, 2004 YC (Sept) and GF (Dec), 2005 BC, 2006 YC, 2007 Disney Cruise and YC, 2008 BWI (May) and YC (Sept), 2010 YC (August), 2011 YC, 2012 YC (Expedition Everest) and BWI (Wine and Dine), 2013 Disneyland Hotel (Dumbo Double Dare) and BC (Wine and Dine), 2014 YC (Marathon Weekend) Pop (Wine and Dine), 2015 Jan Coronado Springs (marathon weekend) Feb AoA (Princess Half weekend),

Old 04-26-2012, 04:44 PM   #2
ShellingConnie
Community Rank: Jetsetter

Concierge Level: 5

Post Thanks / Like
That's what they let you charge up to before you have to approve the credit card charge for deluxe resorts.
I usually stop by the desk every 3 days and have them give me a copy of the bill. Once I've looked it over to be sure it's correct, then I have them put the charges through my credit card.
It works great for me.

I don't know about the hold thing. I've never had them do a credit card hold on me.

My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous Trips6 Trips Offsite, Jun05 ASMo, July 07 RPR for SW and US, Sept08 CR, Nov08 Pop, Mar09 CSR,Apr09 CBR, May09 POR Solo Trip, Jun09 WL, May10 POFQ and HRH, Dec10 BWI Solo Trip, Feb11 WL, May11 AKL Solo, Sep11 POFQ Solo Trip, May12 POR solo, Jun13 ASMu, May14 AoA and AKL, Disneyland Jun11

Old 04-27-2012, 11:40 AM   #3
yalibrarian
PassPorter's Club Passholder

What's this?

Community Rank: Trailblazer

Concierge Level: 6

Post Thanks / Like
We use our debit card to attach to the room key and have never had a hold put on it. I know this because we visit our bank at least once per trip and view our account statement. If you don't run over, you will normally find a statement hung on your doorknob the night before you check out. If everything seems fine, you can just vacate the room and leave without stopping at the front desk. If a charge should pop up after the statement, it will simply appear on your credit/debit account like any other charge.

If you reach the charge limit during your stay, Disney will then post the whole thing to your credit or debit card. I generally keep track, using the pockets in my trusty PassPorter to hold the days' receipts, and if we get close, I go up to the desk, ask them to put through the charges, and then they re-up our ability to charge to the room keys. (This has only happened a couple of times over the years; usually we end vacation with a few dollars to spare.)
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsOff-site 1972, 1973, 1975, 1984, 1985, 1988. All Star Music 2001-2012; Swan 2011. All Star Movies 2013, All Star Music 2014-17.

Old 04-27-2012, 01:12 PM   #4
Pretty Kitty
Community Rank: Trekker

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks for the idea of stopping at the desk to get a copy of the bill every 3 days or so. I was wondering how I could go through the bill before we leave to make sure everything is correct, especially since this will be a longer trip. One trip before I tried to that and gave up in frustration(too many other things needed done or someone needed help getting ready to go, etc.). I can get it when we come in from parks and look it over while everyone is getting dress or at breakfast(I am usually the one ready first).

Old 04-30-2012, 05:40 PM   #5
minushka72
Community Rank: Trekker

Concierge Level: 7

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by yalibrarian View Post
We use our debit card to attach to the room key and have never had a hold put on it. I know this because we visit our bank at least once per trip and view our account statement. If you don't run over, you will normally find a statement hung on your doorknob the night before you check out. If everything seems fine, you can just vacate the room and leave without stopping at the front desk. If a charge should pop up after the statement, it will simply appear on your credit/debit account like any other charge.

If you reach the charge limit during your stay, Disney will then post the whole thing to your credit or debit card. I generally keep track, using the pockets in my trusty PassPorter to hold the days' receipts, and if we get close, I go up to the desk, ask them to put through the charges, and then they re-up our ability to charge to the room keys. (This has only happened a couple of times over the years; usually we end vacation with a few dollars to spare.)

We just found out on our trip 2 weeks ago, that they no longer leave the printout at your door. They email it to the email address on the account at the end of your stay. This was at POR but I would think it would be all resorts. I guess if you book through a travel agent, this may not be the case since they might not have your email address associated with the booking though? You can still get the printout at the concierge desk too!

Love, April

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass;
it's about learning to dance in the rain.
My Countdown Counting down to: WDW, Here We Come!!!
Enjoying the Magic!
My PassPorter Bookshelf
My Previous TripsWDW 9/2002, 3/2004, 3/2007, 3/2008, DCL March 2008, Universal & Seaworld 3/2005, Myrtle Beach 10/08, WDW 5/09, Myrtle Beach 10/09, WDW 9/10, Myrtle Beach 3/11, WDW 5/11, MB 3/12, WDW 4/12, WDW 10/2014