Wave Phones - PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums
PassPorter.com
Award-winning travel guidebooks

guidebooks   |   news   |   podcasts   |   boards   |   blog   |   worksheets   |   photos   |   articles   |   updates   |   register   |   follow us on

Go Back   PassPorter - A Community of Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and General Travel Forums > PassPorter's Disney Cruise Line > Planning Your Disney Cruise Voyage
Register

Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.

To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.

If you think you've already joined, log in below now. If you don't remember your member name or password, please visit our Member Name and Password Recovery page. You are also welcome to contact us.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:44 AM   #1
tom ferguson
Community Rank: Traveler

Post Thanks / Like
Wave Phones

While going through passPorter's Cruise guide for the umpteenth time (I love it, and, no, I'm not a compensated spokesperson), I saw the item about Wave Phones, which are not the happiest part of my cruise experience.
I don't use them, but, twice they have begun beeping, in the middle of the night, of course! The hostess/host never seems willing to remove them from the stateroom.
Is there any way to stifle them?
Thanks!

Tom Ferguson - Cruella DeVil is DiVine!
DVC - Home Resort: Saratoga Springs
Disney Cruise Junky!
My PassPorter Bookshelf

Old 02-06-2013, 09:45 AM   #2
feonag
Community Rank: Jetsetter

Post Thanks / Like
I don't know why they would beep, we never used ours and they never beeped, maybe if the battery is running low they beep. We always just leave them in the charger and never have an issue.

Old 02-06-2013, 10:27 AM   #3
PixieMichele
PassPorter Guide

Community Rank: Trekker

Concierge Level: 6

Post Thanks / Like
it's most likely a battery issue so leave them charged and you should be fine. There is a $200 waiver on those phones so i'm sure the stateroom attendants don't want to be responsible for that.

It could also be like a calendar item or something like that that a previous user had set up. If it's not the charger then i'd recommend bringing the phone with you down to guest services, they know all about the phones because they use them day in and day out.
My Previous TripsWDW TRIPS: First trip in 1987 (I was 4 years old!) Sept. 2007-POR, Jan 2008-Poly, Engaged at the Castle (Nov 2009), Honeymooned on the Disney Magic (Sept. 2009), July 2009-CSR, September 2009-Poly, July 2010-CSR, Nov 2010-Poly, DL-Feb 2010 (DL Hotel) & April 2010. DCL Sept 2009 (Magic-Western Caribbean) Nov 2010 (Disney Wonder-Bahamian) February 2011 (Wonder-Mexican Riviera)

Old 02-06-2013, 03:11 PM   #4
cfaletra

Concierge Level: 6

Post Thanks / Like
If I remember correctly you can just turn them off just like a cell phone.

The Faletras
My Countdown Counting down to: Summer 2016 Magic Kingdom and Universal
We are out of here !!!
My Previous TripsWDW April 1981, WDW April 1982, WDW July 1990, WDW July 1991, DL July 1995, WDW July 1996, WDW July 1998, WDW April 2001, WDW October 2004, WDW November 2005, DL September 2006 WDW November 2007, DCL(Magic) April 2008, WDW May 2008, WDW November 2008, DCL(Wonder) April 2009, DCL (Magic) November 2009, WDW April 2010, WDW June 2011, DCL (Dream) June 2011, DCL (Dream) December 2011, DCL (Magic) April 2012, WDW January 2013, DCL (Fantasy) April 2013, DCL (Dream) June 2013, DCL (Magic B2B) April 2014, WDW Grand Floridian July 2014, DCL (Wonder) October 2014, DCL (Magic) April 2015, WDW November 2015, DCL (Magic) Christmas 2015, DCL (Magic) April 2016

Old 02-07-2013, 01:04 PM   #5
tom ferguson
Community Rank: Traveler

Post Thanks / Like
Many thanks for the various possibilities and remedies.
That's the first thing I'll deal with on my next cruise (After hitting Cabanas!).

Tom Ferguson - Cruella DeVil is DiVine!
DVC - Home Resort: Saratoga Springs
Disney Cruise Junky!
My PassPorter Bookshelf