Welcome! We're happy you've found the PassPorter Community -- the friendliest place to plan your vacation to Walt Disney World, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland, and the world in general! You are now viewing the PassPorter Message Board Community as a guest, which gives you limited access. As our guest, feel free to browse our messages by selecting the forum you want to visit from the list below.
To post messages and ask questions, join our FREE community today and you'll get access to tools and resources not available to guests, such as our vacation countown timers, "living" avatars, private messaging system, database searches, downloads, and a special PassPorter discount code. Registration is fast, simple, and completely free. Just click the Join Our Community link.
How hard is it to get into BCV 1st week of dec? (not home resort)
We are already booked at our home resort for dec 6-14th this year but are taking both of our parents this year. We booked 1 2-bedroom villa and 1 studio at saratoga springs but are hoping to get the same at BCV or BWV so we can be near EP. Has anyone had this experience at this time of the year? I still have about 2 months until my 7 month window and I am getting nervous!!
Aside from New Year's Eve, it's pretty much the hardest time of the year to book outside of your Home resort.
Low points + low overall crowds + moderate weather + holiday decor = the most popular time of the year for DVC members to travel.
As an owner at BoardWalk, I can tell you that you couldn't even get all of those nights in a Studio or 2B today. Just checked on-line. And it's only going to get worse before you could even book at 7 mos.
Beach Club has half as many villas at BoardWalk and is likely to have even less availability.
Cancellations could change things but bear in mind there will be literally dozens--perhaps hundreds--of owners hoping to book outside of their Home at that period.
From Thanksgiving through the New Year, owners really need to resign themselves to booking at the Home resort. There is likely to be some 7 month availability at Old Key West, Saratoga and Animal Kingdom (not Value or Club level). At other WDW resorts 7 mo success stories are few and far between.
You could consider a split stay if some nights are available when you to go to book. For instance, spend the first three nights (if available) at BoardWalk and then move to Saratoga. However you're taking a risk trying to coordinate booking of two villas. Even if both units are showing available when you log-on, one could be gone by the time you finish booking the other.
Even the waitlist isn't really an option unless you are willing to risk staying at different resorts. You could end up getting a waitlist match for one villa but not the other.
I have to say I'm really surprised, but I just checked online for the Beach Club Villas, because we're owners there, and right now, all your nights are available for a studio, one bedroom and two bedroom villa. As Tim says, it's a massively busy time of the year for DVC members, so I am amazed to see those results, but at the moment, you certainly have a chance with the Beach Club Villas.
Thank you so much for your responses! I am very hopeful and we got so lucky last year, but will come up with a back up plan just in case. I am very worried about the multiple reservation thing and waiting lists as Tim mentioned - we could really end up in a tight spot.